forum

What maps are good for practicing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Joshcantplay
Any ideas?
Endaris
At your level, anything you don't get a D on.
pandaBee
Big Black
Freedom Dive
Airman
Topic Starter
Joshcantplay
i just got roasted by endaris
Endaris
This was not meant as a roast.
When I started I got C-ranks on Easy diffs too so it's really not too special.
Faye

Joshcantplay wrote:

Any ideas?
All maps you can pass. To get better at Osu you just need to play a lot and give yourself time to improve.
Topic Starter
Joshcantplay

Endaris wrote:

This was not meant as a roast.
When I started I got C-ranks on Easy diffs too so it's really not too special.

oh i thought it was
Flying Deer
For the first few months, getting better at the game is primarily a matter of reading maps better. At first when you play 3 star maps, you will probably think that there is too much stuff going on on the screen and it will be hard to decode, but eventually those same maps will look like slow-motion. That's what the ability to read does.

You get better at reading by playing a lot of different maps and by pushing your limits. If you can't make much sense of what's going on on the screen, you're wasting your time with this map. If you can mostly read what's going on but you die at some point, I think that's a pretty good place to be. And it's fine to repeat some maps if you like them a lot, to practice technique, but most of your time should be spent playing a lot of different maps, regardless of whether you pass or die.

Also pay attention to the timing circles, they show you exactly when you're supposed to click on the actual circles. They help a lot.
Vuelo Eluko
maps you haven't played
DXPOHIHIHI
Play maps that are hard to read or with high ar, doing so will increase your reading speed and don't worry it won't take long for you to improve you won't even notice how easy to read the hard maps that you can barely read before.