forum

User appreciation station.

posted
Total Posts
show more
dNextGen
everyone likes you too,emaal
hoihoisoi
I like lolis and cats and anything in between them. And of course, everyone else.
Rena-chan
I like Shellghost ! He's one of my almost most favourite Australians.
frend0k8
i love everyone : D

am i unbanned yet?
Apex_old
Some times you may did something in coincidence, and it had cause an effect. Good or bad. Although the effects may be just minor to you, but it’s perhaps not something minor in another’s mind, it can be life-changing and something way much bigger that individual did and caught you aback when he came to you for thanks.
I had known this story called Turning Point, long ago:

There was a man by the name of Frank Thomas, he was a man in working in a lighthouse. One day, he passed away, in his wills, he had callen three separate individuals: a businessman called Richard Marks, a gas station worker called John Griffin, and an old woman called Donna Williams. And for each of them, he had prepared an envelope.
The three separate individuals did not knew who Frank Thomas was. When they recieved the envelope, they thought it was a bad hoax.
John Griffin, the gas station worker recieved 17 dollars from the envelope. In side it was another note. He took the 17 dollars and start reading the note:

Mr Griffins, before working in the lighthouse, I was a poor man with a young family to feed, we were very poor. I was down to my last dollars. At that day, when I went shoppng for food and provisions, I discovered I was broke. The counter had said it was 17 dollars, I reached in my pocket and there was no money. Just when I was leaving with my wife, some one touched me.
John, that man, was your father. I only met him once, but I’ll never forget him. He passed 17 dollars from his pocket to the cashier.
He hadn’t much money either, but he had something really precious, he had a nice character. Over the 50 years, I had been trying to give back what he had given me in that minute. John, now I return that money you gave me long ago. Now you, carry the responibility.
Sincerely,
Thomas Walker.

John Griffin then, took the 17 dollars, and put it on to the desk.
The next individual was an old woman called Donna Williams, she sat down lonely by the chair, opening the envelope, what was comprised inside was a flower and a note. She shrugged, then took her glasses reading the note:

Dearest Mrs. Williams, I never thanked you for the difference you made to me many years ago. I was on the lighthouse watching the day you lost your daughter on the beach.
It was a sad day, but what you don’t know is that I had cried along beside you. Coincidentally, we lost our children not long ago. She was the inspiration, she was my life, her lost was more than I can accept. Times became arduous, life lose its luster. Over a few monthes later, the dark clouds of my childrens death still lingered around me, not dispersing away. It had become a shadow in my heart, not fading away.
But then I met you, you was smiling and carrying one of the bouquets tom mourn your daughter. You saw me lying by the grave and you gave me a flower to make me mourn over my loss.
You had encoutered the consequences and loss, but you still carried on. Your smile give me the courage to carry on as well. The flower became a constant remainder to tell me to carry on through the hard times.
Thank you Donna, thank you. God bless you.
Sincerely,
Frank Thomas.

That had rung some distant, old, sad bells inside Donna’s mind. She cried, not only for her daughter, as well as for the thankfulness and consolation from Thomas’ letter over the days when she had lost her daughter.
The last individual to recieve an envelope was a business man in a suit with a serious face who goes by the name of Richard Marks. He opened the envelope and was disappointed, what was contained was not anything precious, but a plain seashell. He thought this as a joke and did not paid attention. He opened the note then:

Dear Richard, the seashell you received was the one I treasured the most. I flet it was finally the time it was returned. You see, the shell many years before was yours. You was married and fell in love. That day, I had trespassed you, and watched at you, but you didn’t notice me. The only you noticed was how happy and dedicated you and your bride were. You made me envious, you know. We had a marriage that was fading, but that let me thought of times we were very happy and fell in love like you. And I watch a phrase parting from your lips that I almost forgot to say:
I love you.
I heard the words every time I looked at the shell. Its given me the courage to restore our marriage and our long forsaken love.
That day, I brought flowers to visit my spouse, I said to her :“I’m sorry.” But there was no response.
Then I had said the words you had said.
“I love you.”and I hugged my spouse.
And we soon reunited together again, life became enjoyable after, thank you for your example you established, and your well-placed words.
Frank Thomas.

Richard had stumbled on the message of the letter, there had been a moment of silence. He held the shell tightly, and picked up the phone, it was to the executor of their divorce of marriage.
“This is Jeff Goldman.”
“Uhm, Jeff, remember the divorce form I sent you?”
“Of course.”
“Postpone it for a few days, Jeff.”
“Postpone? But I thought you couldn’t wait?”
“Yeah, but things have been happening,”Richard held on to the shell more tightly, “I want to give it another try.”
“Are you Okay then?”
“Yes. Actually, I had never been so better before.”
“Well then, it’s your own choice! Good bye!” And Richard hung up the phone, he was scrutinizing the shell moments before he thought it was a piece of trash.
Meanwhile, at John’s gas station. He was helping a female client with a car repairing problem.
“Gears is 198$, Labor is 230$, which is 447 including taxes.”John said while calculating the fees.
“Oh,”The woman groaned in fear.
“Something wrong?”
“I hadn’t thought it woudl be so expensive. My husband is just up to work, and we didn’t have so much money, I don’t even have a credit card.
John suddenly saw the memento of 17 dollars, he had an idea that might help the woman out of her temporary quandary.
“How about...”
“I think I can pay some now I had a few hundred dollars.” The woman cuts off.
“How about I don’t count labor?” John suggested.
“No, you can’t do that!” the client protested.
“I’m the boss, I can do whatever I want with it anyway, If we cut off the labor, it would be 217 dollars, and...” He saw the memento again, “how about lets round up to 200.”
“Oh, thank you so much,”The woman took out the bills and give John 200 dollars. “I think I’m never going to forget you for this.”
“You know what,”John stood up, remembering the scenario Thomas have been, said “I think you might be right. Have a nice day!”
And there was the scene of Donna Williams, she walked to the cemetery clutching on an old stick. She found the grave of her daughters’, but she came here for a much inportant purpose. She walked to the grave of Frank Thomas, on it carved out are these words: “He Lit The Way”. With a lighthouse picture drawn on the left.

Frank Thomas

1920-1996.

The story ends with one’s demise, however, there are never resolutions that will definitely end. In the end of a story, it warns us with a message that had to with a revelation and a realization of life. Today, we can make a never ending chain of welfare and kept aiding the needy to prevent tragedies like larceny cases and the moral flanking of man. So what are you waiting for? GTFO of your chair and start contributing things to humanity!
Corin

Apex wrote:

Some times you may did something in coincidence, and it had cause an effect. Good or bad. Although the effects may be just minor to you, but it’s perhaps not something minor in another’s mind, it can be life-changing and something way much bigger that individual did and caught you aback when he came to you for thanks.

There was a man by the name of Frank Thomas, he was a man in working in a lighthouse. One day, he passed away, in his wills, he had callen three separate individuals: a businessman called Richard Marks, a gas station worker called John Griffin, and an old woman called Donna Williams. And for each of them, he had prepared an envelope.
The three separate individuals did not knew who Frank Thomas was. When they recieved the envelope, they thought it was a bad hoax.
John Griffin, the gas station worker recieved 17 dollars from the envelope. In side it was another note. He took the 17 dollars and start reading the note:

Mr Griffins, before working in the lighthouse, I was a poor man with a young family to feed, we were very poor. I was down to my last dollars. At that day, when I went shoppng for food and provisions, I discovered I was broke. The counter had said it was 17 dollars, I reached in my pocket and there was no money. Just when I was leaving with my wife, some one touched me.
John, that man, was your father. I only met him once, but I’ll never forget him. He passed 17 dollars from his pocket to the cashier.
He hadn’t much money either, but he had something really precious, he had a nice character. Over the 50 years, I had been trying to give back what he had given me in that minute. John, now I return that money you gave me long ago. Now you, carry the responibility.
Sincerely,
Thomas Walker.

The next individual was an old woman called Donna Williams, she sat down lonely by the chair, opening the envelope, what was comprised inside was a flower and a note. She shrugged, then took her glasses reading the note:

Dearest Mrs. Williams, I never thanked you for the difference you made to me many years ago. I was on the lighthouse watching the day you lost your daughter on the beach.
It was a sad day, but what you don’t know is that I had cried along beside you. Coincidentally, we lost our children not long ago. She was the inspiration, she was my life, her lost was more than I can accept. Times became arduous, life lose its luster. Over a few monthes later, the dark clouds of my childrens death still lingered around me, not dispersing away. It had become a shadow in my heart, not fading away.
But then I met you, you was smiling and carrying one of the bouquets tom mourn your daughter. You saw me lying by the grave and you gave me a flower to make me mourn over my loss.
You had encoutered the consequences and loss, but you still carried on. Your smile give me the courage to carry on as well. The flower became a constant remainder to tell me to carry on through the hard times.
Sincerely,
Frank Thomas.

That had rung some distant, old, sad bells inside Donna’s mind. She cried, not only for her daughter, as well as for the thankfulness and consolation from Thomas’ letter over the days when she had lost her daughter.
The last individual to recieve an envelope was a business man in a suit with a serious face who goes by the name of Richard Marks. He opened the envelope and was disappointed, what was contained was not anything precious, but a plain seashell. He thought this as a joke and did not paid attention. He opened the note then:

Dear Richard, the seashell you received was the one I treasured the most. I flet it was finally the time it was returned. You see, the shell many years before was yours. You was married and fell in love. That day, I had trespassed you, and watched at you, but you didn’t notice me. The only you noticed was how happy and dedicated you and your bride were. You made me envious, you know. We had a marriage that was fading, but that let me thought of times we were very happy and fell in love like you. And I watch a phrase parting from your lips that I almost forgot to say:
I love you.
I heard the words every time I looked at the shell. Its given me the courage to restore our marriage and our long forsaken love.
That day, I brought flowers to visit my spouse, I said to her :“I’m sorry.” But there was no response.
And we soon reunited together again, life became enjoyable after, thank you for your example you established, and your well-placed words.
Frank Thomas.

Richard had stumbled on the message of the letter, there had been a moment of silence. He held the shell tightly, and picked up the phone, it was to the executor of their divorce of marriage.
“This is Jeff Goldman.”
“Of course.”
“Yeah, but things have been happening,”Richard held on to the shell more tightly, “I want to give it another try.”
“Are you Okay then?”
“Well then, it’s your own choice! Good bye!” And Richard hung up the phone, he was scrutinizing the shell moments before he thought it was a piece of trash.
Meanwhile, at John’s gas station. He was helping a female client with a car repairing problem.
“Gears is 198$, Labor is 230$, which is 447 including taxes.”John said while calculating the fees.
“Something wrong?”
“I hadn’t thought it woudl be so expensive. My husband is just up to work, and we didn’t have so much money, I don’t even have a credit card.
John suddenly saw the memento of 17 dollars, he had an idea that might help the woman out of her temporary quandary.
“How about...”
“I’m the boss, I can do whatever I want with it anyway, If we cut off the labor, it would be 217 dollars, and...” He saw the memento again, “how about lets round up to 200.”
“Oh, thank you so much,”The woman took out the bills and give John 200 dollars. “I think I’m never going to forget you for this.”
“You know what,”John stood up, remembering the scenario Thomas have been, said “I think you might be right. Have a nice day!”
And there was the scene of Donna Williams, she walked to the cemetery clutching on an old stick. She found the grave of her daughters’, but she came here for a much inportant purpose. She walked to the grave of Frank Thomas, on it carved out are these words: “He Lit The Way”. With a lighthouse picture drawn on the left.

Frank Thomas

1920-1996.

The story ends with one’s demise, however, there are never resolutions that will definitely end. In the end of a story, it warns us with a message that had to with a revelation and a realization of life. Today, we can make a never ending chain of welfare and kept aiding the needy to prevent tragedies like larceny cases and the moral flanking of man. So what are you waiting for? GTFO of your chair and start contributing things to humanity!
tl;dr
boat

Apex wrote:

Sincerely,
Thomas Walker.

Sincerely,
Frank Thomas.

I love you.
Frank Thomas.

“This is Jeff Goldman.”
“Of course.”
“Are you Okay then?”
“Something wrong?”
“How about...”

Frank Thomas

1920-1996.

I'm going to do like corin and quote this without snipping it despite that its right above my post, solely for the sake of taking up space with it.

hi
Corin

failboat wrote:

Apex wrote:

Sincerely,
Thomas Walker.

Sincerely,
Frank Thomas.

I love you.
Frank Thomas.

“This is Jeff Goldman.”
“Of course.”
“Are you Okay then?”
“Something wrong?”
“How about...”

Frank Thomas

1920-1996.

I'm going to do like corin and quote this without snipping it despite that its right above my post, solely for the sake of taking up space with it.

hi
Hi failboat
Qliphoth_old
Too large to read... :yaoface:
Jazz
such a touching story ^^
and i praise you for that :D
Mianki
hoihoisoi is my favourite "new" person in OT. Always posting nice things~
mathexpert
I like apex, he's cool. :)
also those new forumers <3 don't worry we all were once. *shudders at my posts 5 years ago :o *
Nekoroll
I appreciate dkun, Shellghost, Shinde, Tatsuo and ztrot.

Bears, lions, cupcakes, bacons, and Sonics, respectively.
Tatsuo

Apex wrote:

Long story goes here.

I enjoyed the shit out of that story. Thank you for bringing it to the forums. You are my new favorite person.
The world should be more like this.
DarkDunskin
Too lazy to read that wall of text.

Just wanna say that I would be here playing Taiko without OnosakHito~
Best Osu!-Pal evaaaaaa.
I guess if he leaves this game to play Minecraft I'd go too sooner or later :<
boat
that failboat guy

he is a bad ass mofo
Kitsunemimi

failboat wrote:

that failboat guy

he is a bad ass mofo
i concur

EDIT: goddamn new page
Topic Starter
Wojjan
you will forever be swagboat to me </3
laport

failboat wrote:

Apex wrote:

Sincerely,
Thomas Walker.

Sincerely,
Frank Thomas.

I love you.
Frank Thomas.

“This is Jeff Goldman.”
“Of course.”
“Are you Okay then?”
“Something wrong?”
“How about...”

Frank Thomas

1920-1996.

hi
Vish024

Kitsunemimi wrote:

i concur
Pokebis
I envy Kokoroanime's ability to be oblivious to anything negative.
I envy peppy's ability to fix bugs with such ease.
Also foulcoon is a bro.
Topic Starter
Wojjan
oh don't envy you are just as cool if only you'd actually show it

put some elbow grease into it pokebis
Pokebis
If I don't unleash later today (in my timezone) it's because school and I unfortunately can't make one last good OT thread for you guys. If I make a thread, though, it'll at least be one of my half-assed attempts on a very smooshed time-frame. IRL has gone zerg on me. Of course this has nothing to do with my textual responses, but if I can get my sewing hat on it'll start soon.

But, seriously, I may not have been the nicest person to peppy, but I really envy his coding abilities from a professional standpoint. I'd like to start a career soon involving coding and, having personally started that sort of thing so late into my life, have an embarrassingly novice grasp of things. I'm almost sure Bagnogamer could code better than I at this point. When I have bugs it usually takes me a very long time to solve them and I usually create more issues out of that.
Rokodo
Corin looks fabulous sporting a tissue box atop his noggin. You go, girl.
Corin

Rokodo wrote:

Corin looks fabulous sporting a tissue box atop his noggin. You go, girl.
More box times ahead this weekend!
friendok
i appreciate the 5 bats that got me unbanned (not typing names because you guys are all meh at judging people)