forum

XP-Pen G640

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Implojin
Anyone who owns this tablet, can you confirm if it actually has a 266hz report rate?
Kidame
it has, and i dont like it. too sensitive for me, makes me miss literally every note... 8* maps are unplayable with this.
Rynnavinx

Kidame wrote:

it has, and i dont like it. too sensitive for me, makes me miss literally every note... 8* maps are unplayable with this.
I'm not sure if you're at the point where you can judge the playability of 8* maps with any device yet...
Wishes

Kidame wrote:

How does tablet report rate being high make you miss? It's not the tablet it's just your skill lol.
dung eater
He might want more smoothing/more delay (for not dragging). Not seeing the shakiness of hand so much might make learning and performing easier. Higher refresh rate should be only a positive thing.
Topic Starter
Implojin

Wishes wrote:

How does tablet report rate being high make you miss?

The G640 adds around 30ms of latency to its cursor position updates, despite sending out USB reports at ~250hz. It does position smoothing in hardware that can't be disabled.

This is something you can get used to since it's pretty similar to wacom's 6.3.10w2 amount of smoothing, but it's probably better to just stick with a wacom tablet and then you have the option of disabling smoothing or adding a few ms back through the custom driver.

https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/83hbiq/testing_different_tablet_drivers_with_a_3d_printer/dwufirp/
https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/80pft7/measuring_tablet_performance_by_using_a_3d_printer/duy9t54/

What's really needed here is for some hardware wizard to come along and dump/edit the G640's firmware to disable the smoothing. There are pads on the board to access the flash and everything.
Kidame

jaaakb wrote:

He might want more smoothing/more delay (for not dragging). Not seeing the shakiness of hand so much might make learning and performing easier. Higher refresh rate should be only a positive thing.

yea exactly, cuz im hovering. but i got it fixed. something was wrong with my drivers. good tablet xdddDDxdDDD
Tenorh
Comment la faire fonctionner sur OSU, Mon curseur par en haut a gauche sans pouvoir le bouger