forum

New achievement for using mods [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Octopus_old_1
It would be cool to have an achievement for using difficulty mods such as flashlight, hidden, double time, etc.

Say you pass 100 songs using double time you could unlock a double time achievement. Maybe double time expert or something that fits the achievement difficulty/length (using mod 1,000 times successfully?)

Have these type of achievements for all difficulty increase mods.

If you unlock all the mod achievements--you can unlock a special Mod Master achievement.

Thank you for reading.

UPDATE:

Sakura Hana wrote:

How about reaching a certain ammount of combo (like 750x) while using a certain game mod
Thank you Sakura Hana for this suggestion. A high combo is better than play times--and would definitely be an accomplishment. The possible combos can be just like the current ones (500x,750x,1000x,2000x) except with the added difficulty of using mods!

deadbeat edit: t/107625 achievement discussion here(there is a link to this thread in the OP for reference)
cococococo_old
lets play easy maps
bomber34
Idk those collecting achievements aren't really creative.
Maybe something like:
use all diff increasing mods successfully on a 5 star map getting S

but to be honest i really don't what i have to do :D
I love achievements ^^ i would like to see more

Edit: Some Taiko achievements would be cool ... nobody cares for Taiko players :3
Ekaru

cococococo wrote:

lets play easy maps
This. I think that's all that needs to be said.
Cheer-no

cococococo wrote:

lets play easy maps
The same can be said about the beatmap pack achievements, what's the difference? I support!
Sakura
How about reaching a certain ammount of combo (like 750x) while using a certain game mod
Ekaru

Sakura Hana wrote:

Okay, yeah, that's much better. I would support that one.

The same can be said about the beatmap pack achievements, what's the difference? I support!
The difference is that the beatmap packs are having you play specific maps and aren't much of a grind. The OP's original suggestion, however, would just be boring, skill-less grinding.
Hyguys
It would be nice if it opened one little tab in the corner of osu , saying what achieviment you got . Just like in steam!
nanoRL
i support this but don't have any vote left D:
nhSnork
The difference is that the beatmap packs are having you play specific maps and aren't much of a grind. The OP's original suggestion, however, would just be boring, skill-less grinding.
But you're more positive about "several hundred combo with a mod" achievement, and... wouldn't doing that require some serious grinding, too?
AFAICJ most achievements require grinding of some kind and degree.
awp
Achievement unlocked: Scwhore. S-ranked 10 Insane difficulties with at least 2 +difficulty modifiers
Topic Starter
Octopus_old_1

Sakura Hana wrote:

I like this. It would be like the combo achievements--except while using the mod! That is perfect, plus it won't take ages to accomplish for individual beatmaps. (100 plays or something with the mod). It could be a combo achievement!

Is it okay if I edit my post to Sakura Hana's suggestion?
cococococo_old
agree with sakura and hyguys
winber1
it really doesn't add that much to the game imo, but I wouldn't mind seeing it. I know I myself wouldn't really strive to get these new achievements. I'd just play and perhaps accidentally I'd get one or something.

also, wouldn't you need to do something about the star rating so that osu! actually realizes what you are playing is actually an insane? There are some extremely easy 5 star maps out there, or at least in my opinion
Topic Starter
Octopus_old_1

winber1 wrote:

it really doesn't add that much to the game imo, but I wouldn't mind seeing it. I know I myself wouldn't really strive to get these new achievements. I'd just play and perhaps accidentally I'd get one or something.

also, wouldn't you need to do something about the star rating so that osu! actually realizes what you are playing is actually an insane? There are some extremely easy 5 star maps out there, or at least in my opinion
An accomplishment is an accomplishment. A 2,000 combo would still be a decent challenge even if it was a easy 5 star map.

Also updated post.
bwross

nhSnork wrote:

But you're more positive about "several hundred combo with a mod" achievement, and... wouldn't doing that require some serious grinding, too?
AFAICJ most achievements require grinding of some kind and degree.
Grinding with combo count achievements is proportional to the count required. The larger the count, the fewer maps that have enough objects and ticks to meet it, out of which there is a percentage that your middling player is going to be able to do well enough (most of the achievements are quite accessible right now to weaker players, I assume this is intended as part of the design). A level of 750x is probably going to cause some real grinding for DT and FL... people will find the handful of easiest maps for them and people will play those maps to death to get the badges. There are far more maps with a 500x combo available (making it easier to play a wide assortment of maps while trying to get a badge... or at least giving the player more choice over what they grind), which should be a test of comparable level to the other achievements... this is assuming here that there is only one badge per mod (although, the badges could be made to be upgradable... a 750x combo has a 500x combo as a prerequisite (and might well have been earned at exactly the same time), there's no need to list both, just upgrade the badge to represent the largest accomplishment earned in the series... this would keep the size of things down, no need for a 4x4 array of badges to cover mod combos, a row of 4 would do).
Aoko
Definitely cool. I support this. We MOSTLY [not always] use mods and try hard to pass their challenges [Ugh, FLASHLIGHT‼] especially when we want to be included in the top 40 ranked maps. We can be in the top 40 PLUS achieve an achievement. Isn't that cool? *Q*
Remilia--_old
I'm pretty sure ppy said this will be ok if someone were to make the design for the achievement.
Sync
How about some high-tier achievements like "100/500 maps cleared on hidden with a star rating of 5"
Aoko

Remilia-- wrote:

I'm pretty sure ppy said this will be ok if someone were to make the design for the achievement.

Quite Possible. How about the one who requested for this? :idea:
Sync
We would need the .psd for the background.. oh, and the font file

not to mention they would probably need to be decent when it came to vectoring
Aoko

Sync wrote:

We would need the .psd for the background.. oh, and the font file

not to mention they would probably need to be decent when it came to vectoring
Yes. It's true. Gonna take a while. -sigh-