forum

What is wrong with me

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheDark600
Last week i used to play my best, get good scores and play good overall but now since yesterday my aim is too slippery, can't find a comfortable grip on mmy pen, shit miss all the time, sliderbreak for no god damn reason and i don't know what to do, any help?
pandaBee
Welcome to Osu.

Either tape your tablet down or put markings on the table so you know where to put it every time.
Topic Starter
TheDark600

pandaBee wrote:

Welcome to Osu.

Either tape your tablet down or put markings on the table so you know where to put it every time.
Does my tablet position really matter?
pandaBee

TheDark600 wrote:

Why wouldn't it matter if you're changing it every time?
Topic Starter
TheDark600

pandaBee wrote:

TheDark600 wrote:

Why wouldn't it matter if you're changing it every time?
I've always moved my tablet everytimme i was playiing to find a more comfortable position, just recetly i started noticing these problems
Sancteria
in terms of keeping a consistant position of yourself, your chair, your keyboard and tablet, look out for visual cues.

For example, my mousepad is aligned to the edge of my desk, my chair will be placed so the middle of my screen does align to between my legs (stop laughing) and for the distance between desk and chair, I take a Pie thumb.
The tablet is also Pie thumb away from the edge of my desk but my arm will be parallel to the armrest of the chair.

This way I am always pretty much in the same position each time just by using visual cues.

However, consider that the reason for your loss of skill can be a worse state of your body and mind (bad and short sleep, depression, bad food etc.) or you simply programed your mind (subconscious mind) in a bad way.

If you tell yourself all the time that you gonna fail, that you will miss circles all the time etc., you'll gonna plant a seed each time you do into your subconscious mind and it will grow until your brain will really let you fail and miss the cirlces leading to bad performance.

This is an actual advanced topic in terms of performance coaching for entrepreneurs and top athletes, since it affects anything and everything you do, so it does affect your skill playing Osu!.

If you do the affirmation "I do improve in Osu! day by day and my performance points keep rising and rising" for 5 minutes each time before you start your Osu! seassion, I promise, you'll gonna notice massive change in like 2 weeks.

So there is just another way how to improve faster and better than everyone else, ignoring that "play more"-hype (srsly who did invent "play more"? The illuminati?)
Topic Starter
TheDark600

Sancteria wrote:

in terms of keeping a consistant position of yourself, your chair, your keyboard and tablet, look out for visual cues.

For example, my mousepad is aligned to the edge of my desk, my chair will be placed so the middle of my screen does align to between my legs (stop laughing) and for the distance between desk and chair, I take a Pie thumb.
The tablet is also Pie thumb away from the edge of my desk but my arm will be parallel to the armrest of the chair.

This way I am always pretty much in the same position each time just by using visual cues.

However, consider that the reason for your loss of skill can be a worse state of your body and mind (bad and short sleep, depression, bad food etc.) or you simply programed your mind (subconscious mind) in a bad way.

If you tell yourself all the time that you gonna fail, that you will miss circles all the time etc., you'll gonna plant a seed each time you do into your subconscious mind and it will grow until your brain will really let you fail and miss the cirlces leading to bad performance.

This is an actual advanced topic in terms of performance coaching for entrepreneurs and top athletes, since it affects anything and everything you do, so it does affect your skill playing Osu!.

If you do the affirmation "I do improve in Osu! day by day and my performance points keep rising and rising" for 5 minutes each time before you start your Osu! seassion, I promise, you'll gonna notice massive change in like 2 weeks.

So there is just another way how to improve faster and better than everyone else, ignoring that "play more"-hype (srsly who did invent "play more"? The illuminati?)
I was actually laughing at the part you said stop laughing xD, I may be bad and short sleep tbh, in the rest, my tablet always sits at the edge of my mouse pad ( mouse pad changes position everyday idk why xd) and my keyboard numpad needs to be touching the tablet, those are all my requierments to feel comfortable, but lately i just started sucking more and more

Thanks, and any way to improve consistency?
dung eater
Trying to aim and tap perfectly in maps you don't struggle to keep up with helps with consistency. You'll notice the smaller problems you have. Longer maps help you learn focusing on trying for longer periods of time.
Topic Starter
TheDark600

jaaakb wrote:

Trying to aim and tap perfectly in maps you don't struggle to keep up with helps with consistency. You'll notice the smaller problems you have. Longer maps help you learn focusing on trying for longer periods of time.
Thanks i'll try
Fxjlk
I get this a lot playing with mouse cause of mouse drift.
It seems like the more tired my hands are the more I have to adjust to compensate for mouse drift.

Also when I have had a period that I haven't played for a while I can no longer play at my best when I get back because it takes a while for my mind to get back into the rhythm of playing without thinking.

To me it sounds like your hands are tired and/or you have not played enough to get into your best state. For tired hands take a break if you have been playing a lot or if you have not been playing a lot play some easier stuff until your grip is back to normal.
Sancteria

TheDark600 wrote:

Thanks, and any way to improve consistency?

regarding the fact that the better you are in focusing, the more consistant you'll gonna be, awareness meditation is what I do and it helps me a lot but I don't do it because of Osu, there are different ways how to expand your average awareness time.

But before you practice your focus and awareness, you should rather think about issues that lower your focus and awareness because this might be the actual reason why you've droped your skill.
DXPOHIHIHI
You are not a robot to function the same everytime