forum

I want to upload 40,000+ (150 GB) maps online...but where?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
5DollarsJP
So I have a file containing over 40,000 Beatmaps consisting of about 150 GB in size. I can't seem to find a free online storage to upload this so I can help others get more maps. I don't want to break up the file into parts, I just want to upload this one huge fie and let it be. I can try to torrent it but I am not experienced in uploading torrents, in fact I have never uploaded a torrent before.

I can try Mega like what most people use but after 30 GB of downloading, it'll force you to either wait 6 hours and waiting that 6 hours will most likely cancel the download forcing you to re-download the 30 GB again and having to wait another 6 hours and goes on a loop like that and the download won't get anywhere, or buying premium and I am not sure how many people will pay for premium. If worse comes to absolute worse, then I guess I will do parts but I want to avoid doing that.

So I am open to any suggestions.
Sandy Hoey
This forum is for non-osu! related topics. You will probably get the best answer from the Help forum
Topic Starter
5DollarsJP

Sandy Hoey wrote:

This forum is for non-osu! related topics. You will probably get the best answer from the Help forum
k thanks I thought this was general osu! stuff
Sandy Hoey
Yeah, the names a little deceiving. No worries
abraker
Most you can get is 100gb if you are lucky to find something and lasts long enough to be usable. Otherwise, you will need to pay for storage.
Andreww
upload it as a torrent, hopefully friendly osu people will seed it to make sure it doesn't die.
Shohei Ohtani
Why are you doing this.
Xinnoh
Would be better to upload in medium sized map packs. If a connection or computer issue occurs then you don't have to restart the whole process, and sites will let you upload medium sized map packs.
Splitting them into 10 GB packs would probably work fine
abraker

CDFA wrote:

Why are you doing this.
for the glory of osu! ofc
Offdensen
Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
You p much just gotta buy alotta storage unless you use mediafire
Faye
Rip your bandwidth.
Don't really have much else to input for that - if you're gonna store a hectic amount in bulk like that you gots to pay for it I'm afraid.
Vuelo Eluko
create a torrent
share the tracker

Split it up into a multi-part RAR archive and make 500 rapidshare links like the good ol' days
yungspirit_old
i dont think thats possible lol