Sandpig wrote:

cRyo[iceeicee] wrote:

:(
图样图森破
Nice sentence.
Sync
hi

[General]
-- I'm glad you were open to changing the difficulty names. Unfortunately, the team still thinks that "AHHHH!!!!" should be changed (as do I, because I believe that the difficulty name should describe the map). I hope you do not abhor this decision. :?

[Insane]
01:02:195 (1,1,2) - I'm still firm on unstacking these notes for the sake of readability, if not anything else. I hit them correctly my first try but I was left going "woah"; therefore, it discerned me as being potentially annoying for most players instead of being fun and enjoyable.
02:08:028 (7) - Definitely consider adding a note here. Without it, it feels (to the player) that the vocals are starting later than what they would expect and it's really confusing and easy to miss. Oh, and this note should be a new combo
02:53:028 (3) - Add a new combo here to emphasize the transition in music

After getting many second opinions and going back and forth in my head for 3 days, I can say that even though I still believe some of the overmapping/speed up iffy stuff should be changed, it's not unrankable and players will still enjoy this map which is the most important thing. If anybody has a problem with decision, please talk to me and we'll discuss it.

btw discussion is never useless, it can be very effective
Sandpig
fixed 1 & 3
Sync
This song has been stuck in my head for 3 days now

good luck!
Topic Starter
cRyo[iceeicee]

Sync wrote:

This song has been stuck in my head for 3 days now

good luck!
AAAAHHHHH thx for bubble Sync ></
yukinohara
Good Luck,cRyo
Ulysses
After a long(it's not that long) discussion,finally rebubbled.
Good map though.

Have my stars to draw Andrea's attenion.~

AHHHAHHHHHAHHHHH~~
Topic Starter
cRyo[iceeicee]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH thanks yuki~, nold~ (ノ゚ω゚)ノ
aRiskOfRain
Hello.

GENERAL:

Make the 2 second lead in something like 0.5 seconds. It's far too long as it is now.
From 00:01:195 to 00:02:528, there is a section that is mapped in some difficulties and not in others. It might be nice to either map it in all of them, or remove the mapping from all of them, to make it consistent.

Normal:

You should pay attention to the AIMod suggestions about notes coming too soon after spinners~
01:09:195 (1) - Probably better off as a single non-repeating slider.
01:10:695 (3,4) - Make these into a slider?
01:15:195 (2,3) - Same thing about making these non-repeating sliders.
01:24:194 (3,4) - Delete 4, make 3 a slider that lasts 1/2.
01:28:361 (2,3,4) - These offbeats would be terribly confusing for a beginner, perhaps it would be worthwhile to make a single slider, starting from where the 2 is, ending at the 4.
01:34:694 (4,5,6) - Same as above.
01:39:361 (2,3,4) - ^
01:39:361 (2,3,4) - ^
02:26:528 (1) - Probably better off as a single non-repeating slider.
02:45:695 (2,3,4) - Same as before.
02:52:028 (2,3,4) - ^
02:56:695 (2,3,4) - ^

Taiko:

I'm not a taiko person. Ask someone who knows, I guess!

Hard:

00:25:444 (7) - I'm fine with most of the 1/4 triple stacks in this difficulty, but this one is really jarring, and sorta interrupts the flow here. Get rid of it?
01:51:528 (9) - Remove the repeat on this~

Insane:

00:03:694 (6) - stack it properly with the next 1
00:06:361 (6) - ^
00:12:861 (7) - This is not very pretty. Also, nigh on unreadable with some settings.
00:22:028 (3,4) - Why is this jump here? Honestly. Remove it or make it smaller or SOMETHING.
00:22:861 (2,3) - ^
00:34:028 (1,2) - Rotate 90 degrees clockwise or anticlockwise. This is just unfair. :|
00:55:195 (4) - Shorten by 1/4, this isn't following anything.
00:55:778 (6) - This is just as bizarrely not following anything.
00:57:861 (7) - Shorten by 1/4, this isn't following anything.
00:58:695 (2,3) - I can't work out why this jump is here.
01:02:195 (1) - Can you make this speed-up a little less extreme? It sorta comes out of no-where, and if it has to be there, I'd rather it be sensible.
01:16:361 (4) - Again, with some settings, this slider is pretty unreadable, especially how it's stacked under the two. I think this slider needs a whole new redesign.
01:40:861 (1) - ^
02:12:528 (1) - 1/4 shorter.
02:19:361 (1) - This speedup is reaaaaally hard to read. Tone it down a bit, please.
02:31:861 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - Rather than being fun to read, this is just really confusing. S:

Insane~ARGH~:

That AR does not match your slider speed, nor the map. Turn it down a notch, eh?
A difficulty name like Expert would be better. The one you have now is a bit silly looking. S:
00:19:861 (1) - 1/4 shorter.
01:29:528 (3) - Uuuuuuuuh, dunno why this is here, to be honest.
01:47:861 (1) - 1/4 shorter.
02:28:361 (1) - This would be nicer as a 1/4 repeating slider. ^^
02:52:695 (4) - This would be way prettier if it was symmetrical to that two. ><

And that's all for now. Phew.
Sandpig
overmod can destroy a map

no change

I really hope you guys can spend more time on other maps, whose creator needs more mat help. Many of my friends really have problem searching a mat.
aRiskOfRain

Sandpig wrote:

no change

I really hope you guys can spend more time on other maps, whose creator needs more mat help.
As far as I can tell, you're the one that needs help, given the amount of modding you've been given (and that you've refused). If you're not even going to consider even so far as looking at my mod, I'm not even going to consider looking at this map again.
Sakura
mapper negligence can destroy a map too
Loctav
This attutide made me lol hard.
Sushi

Sandpig wrote:

no change
You are now my hero

On a more serious note, at least, if you don't want to change stuff, and with a reason and not a stupid thing like this, say it.
Getting ignored and reading such stuff makes modders want to flip the table over your map, and is really a very very very very very very very bad attitude, which will make the ranking process very very very very very very hard. I don't think that's what you want.

tl;dr : no tl;dr for you sir, go read.
xsrsbsns

DiamondCrash wrote:

Normal:
01:10:695 (3,4) - Make these into a slider? changed
Thanks for modding
http://puu.sh/HDwF
Sandpig
for some points , I have refused once, and given the reason, I wonder if you really have seen the last mat's mod.I don't like to explain the same thing again.

And this is my map, so I have the right not to accept any mod I don't like. btw it's a GD, the creator can remove my diff if she likes to.

I am not like other mapper, in fact I even don't care if my maps can get ranked.
aRiskOfRain

Sandpig wrote:

in fact I even don't care if my maps can get ranked.
With an attitude like that, they won't.
Sandpig
so just remove my diff, if this guy just see my last sentence

DiamondCrash wrote:

Sandpig wrote:

in fact I even don't care if my maps can get ranked.
With an attitude like that, they won't.
I ask mod from mappers whose style fits mine and can give me valueable suggestion. that's how I treat this kind of so-called random mod.

see my previous posts

sleep time now

have told the creator to remove my diff

go ahead and ruin more maps plz.

P.S. remember there will never be such a principium that if someone have wasted time on me I should waste time on him in return. I never asked.
yukinohara
"What looks aesthetically pleasing to the mapper may not always look aesthetically pleasing to you. Please understand that the osu! community comes from across the world and respect each player's opinions. Instead of stating the slider is outright ugly, it is better to say "This slider looks weird in my opinion" and then to offer an alternative (via an in-post attachment or an external link). "

"Essentially, each point of your mod post should have a "when", "what", and "why". When you do not have the "why" or the "what", the suggestions may be a little confusing for the mapper. This, in turn, makes your mod a lot less useful than it should be. Simply explaining your suggestions will make your mod a lot more useful. "

http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Modding#Basic_modding_method

Though i am not a mapper,I think that we should calm down to listen to others‘ advice and find our own problems.
If you were giving a modding,show the mapper the detail reason insteading of just saying “overmap” “it makes me confused” “I do bot like the style”.
Modding is helping the mapper make a more sense beatmap IN THE MAPPER'S STYLE NOT IN YOUR STYLE,when you think it is bad others may not think so.if you felt uncomfortable with it,ignore it and make your own map in your own style.
If you were a mapper,you may follow the modders’ suggestions and fix the MISTAKES in your map,and i think that a mapper has his/her right to keep his/her own mapping style if the map did not break the ranking rules.

we should stop making a war between the mappers and the modders,the thing should to do is fixing the problems and mistakes in the map.
Sandpig
chat log here, just for others to judge it.

that's all I can say.

gn

view
NatsumeRin
I'm here because it seems have to be someone could understand both side at least a bit, at the same time.

@Sandpig: I'd like you to response DC's mod post as you did for the previous mod posts, it's pretty boring to reply something twice or more, but no modders will check the whole thread before modding. Try to get the communication well.

@DC: Keep calm, things like "it is not to do with style it is to do with errors" will only make it worse. Try to get the line between rules and subjective things... thanks.
Snowy Dream
落ち着いて 落ち着いて
Q.Q
Sandpig
ok let's do this if that is what you need

DiamondCrash wrote:

Hello.
Insane:

00:03:694 (6) - stack it properly with the next 1 it's fine in playing.
00:06:361 (6) - ^ ^
00:12:861 (7) - This is not very pretty. Also, nigh on unreadable with some settings. it's readable and playable, the shape is fine to me as well
00:22:028 (3,4) - Why is this jump here? Honestly. Remove it or make it smaller or SOMETHING. plays fine to me
00:22:861 (2,3) - ^ ^
00:34:028 (1,2) - Rotate 90 degrees clockwise or anticlockwise. This is just unfair. :|don't understand this
00:55:195 (4) - Shorten by 1/4, this isn't following anything. explained in Sync's mod
00:55:778 (6) - This is just as bizarrely not following anything. ^
00:57:861 (7) - Shorten by 1/4, this isn't following anything.^
00:58:695 (2,3) - I can't work out why this jump is here. fine to me
01:02:195 (1) - Can you make this speed-up a little less extreme? It sorta comes out of no-where, and if it has to be there, I'd rather it be sensible. it's fun to play imo
01:16:361 (4) - Again, with some settings, this slider is pretty unreadable, especially how it's stacked under the two. I think this slider needs a whole new redesign. it is readable and playable
01:40:861 (1) - ^ ^
02:12:528 (1) - 1/4 shorter. explained in Sync's mod
02:19:361 (1) - This speedup is reaaaaally hard to read. Tone it down a bit, please. mb little hard, but not to play, it's not hard to sense that it's a 1/1 long slider
02:31:861 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - Rather than being fun to read, this is just really confusing. S: I think it's not hard and follow the music well

and here is just some personal advise for mats.
plz never say things like this:

mat doesn't equal pro, they are just willing to spend time on ranking process, and in this point I respect them. Don't act llike that you have the ability to TEACH others how to map. there are lots of people map and mod better than you, they are skilled player and have helped many mappers with their maps, but they are not mat. mb because they are busy with real life, mb they don't want to join such a group, mb they want to join but they can't because hehehehe. But that doesn't mean they can't do better than you, keep this in mind.
Sandpig
so what should we do if someone just pop a map and playing disappearing?

I don't think it's a good idea to throw such a mod just to keep your name in purple

I guess someone said something? Never hope no one notices that. 图样图森破

with such an attitude and purpose of modding, were I you, I'd rather keep my name in black.
Topic Starter
cRyo[iceeicee]
updated.
Some stuff fixed in my diffs (that we discussed in game with DiamondCrash)
I asked my friends Cilvery~ (ღ˘˘ღ)♥ about AR, everyone she said that AR-9 is better, so i will keep 9 for now x_x
Snowy Dream
@.@ the thumbnail became to the taiko one...
=v= Try to rename the taiko diff and rename it back
Ephemeral

Sandpig wrote:

so what should we do if someone just pop a map and playing disappearing?

I don't think it's a good idea to throw such a mod just to keep your name in purple

I guess someone said something? Never hope no one notices that. 图样图森破

with such an attitude and purpose of modding, were I you, I'd rather keep my name in black.
very mature of you. I am sure DC will check this again eventually.

just a note:

Insane:

00:03:694 (6) - stack it properly with the next 1
00:12:861 (7) - This is not very pretty. Also, nigh on unreadable with some settings.
01:16:361 (4) - Again, with some settings, this slider is pretty unreadable, especially how it's stacked under the two. I think this slider needs a whole new redesign.
all of these from DC's mod are unrankable issues and if you do not fix them, this mapset cannot be ranked. the improperly stacked note is deliberately there to avoid lenience, which you cannot do, and the two sliders are almost completely occlude themselves on mmsliders and come pretty close on the default sliders as well.

i don't mean to be a hardass, but you're not exactly making this easy for everybody with your stubbornness. you have your creative vision for this map, i get it. you are free to refuse some mods, but just know that a person doesn't spend upwards of an hour looking at your map just to find ways to tear it down - they are looking for ways to help you improve it, not change it to how they would have done things.

your attitude is completely unacceptable, and i would honestly expect to have severe difficulty in finding other modders to work with you in the future based on how you have treated DC here.

contact me when you have fixed the unrankable issues above, or whenever cryo has decided to pull your difficulty from the map at either her behest or yours. don't ruin her chances at having an otherwise fantastic map ranked with your own stubbornness.
Sandpig

Ephemeral wrote:

Insane:

00:03:694 (6) - stack it properly with the next 1 I think most mappers understand the purpose of this...just check it in playing mode...
00:12:861 (7) - This is not very pretty. Also, nigh on unreadable with some settings. changed this
01:16:361 (4) - Again, with some settings, this slider is pretty unreadable, especially how it's stacked under the two. I think this slider needs a whole new redesign. in fact I never though player will have problem playing it, because this kind of slider appeared in quite lots of beatmaps. and btw, when I ask some of my friends to do a test play (that's how I mod my map myself), no one got confused in this part, so I don't think there is any reading problem for this. and as I said, it fits the music imo.
mb I should say something more, but it seems that the listener is no longer here. If you see how I treat modders before you will know it's just a special case, because this time I really want to say something about overmod and attitude of some mats (it never happened to me before so I don't like to seek trouble myself, but this time I'm so unfortunately haha). anyway, thx for your time.

Insane
Ephemeral
further irc modding to fix issues 1 and 2 (issue 3 was mitigated by dropping AR by 1) - rebubbling!
Tyistiana
Normal
00:49:861 - Add notes on x256 y300

Only this

;) Good luck
Topic Starter
cRyo[iceeicee]

Snowy Dream wrote:

@.@ the thumbnail became to the taiko one...
=v= Try to rename the taiko diff and rename it back
its not working TAT
Snowy Dream
@.@
Taiko diff's link: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/136803
Someone tells me that it will choose the headmost's BG as the thumbnail
... so I think if you change the diff name, the link will be deleted, when you change it back and upload it , it will get a new number. :?
Try it agian when next BAT pop this? ww
Hope rank asap > <
Topic Starter
cRyo[iceeicee]

Snowy Dream wrote:

@.@
Taiko diff's link: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/136803
Someone tells me that it will choose the headmost's BG as the thumbnail
... so I think if you change the diff name, the link will be deleted, when you change it back and upload it , it will get a new number. :?
Try it agian when next BAT pop this? ww
Hope rank asap > <
Oh ok, i will try once again ww
Thank you Snowy~ (ღ˘˘ღ)
Andrea
Some IRC Modding.

- Decreased AR by 3 ticks on Normal.
- Removed some bookmarks out of the mp3 on Taiko.
- Removed an useless new combo on Hard and both Insane difficulties.
- Fixed a slider on Insane.
- Fixed a new combo on Insane~AAAHHH!!!~.
Topic Starter
cRyo[iceeicee]

Andrea wrote:

Some IRC Modding.

- Decreased AR by 3 ticks on Normal.
- Removed some bookmarks out of the mp3 on Taiko.
- Removed an useless new combo on Hard and both Insane difficulties.
- Fixed a slider on Insane.
- Fixed a new combo on Insane~AAAHHH!!!~.
Thx Andrea~ ! :)
And Thx to Snowy Dream~ for helping fix that thumbnails :3
Andrea
Ok looks good now :3

Ranked~
Topic Starter
cRyo[iceeicee]

Andrea wrote:

Ok looks good now :3

Ranked~
\:3/
Thite