show more
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

Snowy Dream wrote:

> <                                           
Zweib
wocao, shen storyboard
Sync
[General]
-- Ahhh!! These difficulty names are plain-out confusing and uninformative. They look bad and having to look twice to understand what in the world is going on is counter-productive. Change them to something more understandable.

[AAAAH!!!!]
-- The issues that I am pointing out are very repetitive because you were very consistent with how you mapped this. That's a good thing -- unfortunately, they were problems that needed to be fixed. In the case of overmapping, it can compliment the music beautifully. However, you were literally adding notes that added nothing to the map nor the music. It's better off without them. They just don't make sense.

00:19:861 (1) - I'm not sure why you ended this slider on an off-beat. It doesn't follow the music at all which makes it awkward to play. Shorten it by one tick instead.
00:20:194 (2) - I'm not a big fan of this slider either. It would follow the vocals better if you started it on 00:20:528 instead.
00:29:028 (7,1) - It would make more sense (and be more consistent) if you started the new combo on (7) instead of (1).
00:42:445 (3) - This note isn't following anything in the music -- remove it.
00:42:528 (3,1) - Start the new combo on (3) instead of (1) to represent the music better.
00:42:528 (3,1) - Again, more overmapping that really needs to go.
00:45:195 (3) - Start the new combo on (3) instead of (1) to represent the music better.
00:54:778 (7) - Remove this note for reasons explained previously
00:55:861 (3) - Start the new combo on (3) instead of (1) to represent the music better.
00:58:445 (3) - Remove this note.
01:57:194 (9,1) - Add the new combo on (9) instead because that is when the music transitions.
01:59:778 (3) - Remove this note.
01:59:861 (3,1) - Switch these combos around to represent the music better.
02:02:444 (3) - Remove this note.
02:02:528 (3,1) - Switch these combos around.
02:10:444 (1,2) - Start the new combo on (2) instead
02:12:111 (6) - Remove this note
02:13:111 (3) - ^
02:13:194 (3,1) - Switch these combos around to represent the music better
02:31:861 (6,1) - ^

[AAAH!!!]
02:15:361 (2) - This note is incredibly hard to read. Stack it from under (1).

[Sandpig]
00:55:195 (4) - Shorten this slider by one tick. It doesn't follow the vocals.
00:55:778 (6) - Remove this hit-circle. It's not following anything.
00:57:861 (7) - Again, shorten this slider by one tick.
01:02:695 (1,2) - Unstack these notes. They are especially hard to read because of the sped-up slider.
01:25:861 (7,1) - It'd follow the vocals better if you started the combo on (7) instead.
02:03:694 (7,1) - ^
02:12:528 (1) - Shorten this slider by one tick as mentioned previously
02:19:361 (1) - Make this slider shape less awkward. It's hard to follow when it's sped up like that.

[xsrs' AAH!!]
01:42:194 (2) - Add a hit circle here to follow the vocals
01:42:528 (3) - I'd highly advise against multiple repeats in an easy. From my observation new players cannot react to these quick enough. Instead, splitting it up into two sliders works nicely.
01:44:861 (2) - Add a hit circle here to follow the vocals

If you don't disagree with a suggestion please justify your reasoning. Good luck, call me back whenever!
xsrsbsns
Thanks for modding
http://puu.sh/FY5e
Sandpig

Sync wrote:

[Sandpig]
00:55:195 (4) - Shorten this slider by one tick. It doesn't follow the vocals. I never thought to follow the vocals here
00:55:778 (6) - Remove this hit-circle. It's not following anything. why must it follow anything...
00:57:861 (7) - Again, shorten this slider by one tick. ^
01:02:695 (1,2) - Unstack these notes. They are especially hard to read because of the sped-up slider. I think it's not hard...
01:25:861 (7,1) - It'd follow the vocals better if you started the combo on (7) instead. ok
02:03:694 (7,1) - ^ ok
02:12:528 (1) - Shorten this slider by one tick as mentioned previously
02:19:361 (1) - Make this slider shape less awkward. It's hard to follow when it's sped up like that. I think it's fine...?
thx for mod

mb change the diff's name now?
Topic Starter
cRyo[iceeicee]
SPOILER

Sync wrote:

[General]
-- Ahhh!! These difficulty names are plain-out confusing and uninformative. They look bad and having to look twice to understand what in the world is going on is counter-productive. Change them to something more understandable.

[AAAAH!!!!]
-- The issues that I am pointing out are very repetitive because you were very consistent with how you mapped this. That's a good thing -- unfortunately, they were problems that needed to be fixed. In the case of overmapping, it can compliment the music beautifully. However, you were literally adding notes that added nothing to the map nor the music. It's better off without them. They just don't make sense.

00:19:861 (1) - I'm not sure why you ended this slider on an off-beat. It doesn't follow the music at all which makes it awkward to play. Shorten it by one tick instead. hmm, dunno for me this slider fits better with vocal then short one
00:20:194 (2) - I'm not a big fan of this slider either. It would follow the vocals better if you started it on 00:20:528 instead. same here, i think this 2 sliders better following lyrics
00:29:028 (7,1) - It would make more sense (and be more consistent) if you started the new combo on (7) instead of (1). no in situation like this http://puu.sh/G0U7 , note ( pause ) note, i prefer to use different NC colors for them cause they folowing different rhytm
00:42:445 (3) - This note isn't following anything in the music -- remove it.
00:42:528 (3,1) - Start the new combo on (3) instead of (1) to represent the music better.
00:42:528 (3,1) - Again, more overmapping that really needs to go.
00:45:195 (3) - Start the new combo on (3) instead of (1) to represent the music better.
00:54:778 (7) - Remove this note for reasons explained previously
00:55:861 (3) - Start the new combo on (3) instead of (1) to represent the music better.
00:58:445 (3) - Remove this note.
01:57:194 (9,1) - Add the new combo on (9) instead because that is when the music transitions. ok~
01:59:778 (3) - Remove this note.
01:59:861 (3,1) - Switch these combos around to represent the music better.
02:02:444 (3) - Remove this note.
02:02:528 (3,1) - Switch these combos around.
02:10:444 (1,2) - Start the new combo on (2) instead ok~
02:12:111 (6) - Remove this note
02:13:111 (3) - ^
02:13:194 (3,1) - Switch these combos around to represent the music better
02:31:861 (6,1) - ^ changed it but in other way

You were right when you said about consistency in those parts, from the begining i decide to made this parts same (2 short sliders jump + stream notes), removing them means removing my idea about this pattern, even if its overmapp it seems fine for me, mapset has 2 Insane diffs so let one of them be overmapped then ( a bit overmap will give you a bit more score ^^ )

About NC: I fixed some of them, but others..... they dont affect gameplay here, i mean both NC, yours and mine are equally readable, the only thing is i dont like how it looks (2 sliders connected but have different colors http://puu.sh/G13x )

Diff names: I talked to my guests~ we decided to rename all to AAH, sometimes custom names can be confusing but this one is fine, since last diff gives highest score previous a bit less (and so on), so i dont think it will cause any problems to player (+ to search this song u just need to type AAH( yeah this is what this song is about www),its easier to remember it then title or artist ^^)

I hope you will understand my position here~

Thx for modding :)
Low

Sandpig wrote:

Sync wrote:

00:55:778 (6) - Remove this hit-circle. It's not following anything. why must it follow anything...
Are you kidding me? This is the mapping attitude and style that you should not have. A map of a song is meant to follow the song, not just randomly place beats to the BPM. Yes, it has to follow the song. If you place beats that aren't in the song, this is what we call overmap. Rather, let's just call it bad mapping. This is what you want to avoid.

Just my two cents.
Sandpig

Jacob wrote:

Sandpig wrote:

Are you kidding me? This is the mapping attitude and style that you should not have. A map of a song is meant to follow the song, not just randomly place beats to the BPM. Yes, it has to follow the song. If you place beats that aren't in the song, this is what we call overmap. Rather, let's just call it bad mapping. This is what you want to avoid.

Just my two cents.
in fact when I map I never take care of whether a note is following a drum or vocal. I just follow my feeling. when I think there should be a note, then there will be.

what you said may fit some mapping style, but mapping styles are countless.
xsrsbsns

Sandpig wrote:

in fact when I map I never take care of whether a note is following a drum or vocal. I just follow my feeling. when I think there should be a note, then there will be.

what you said may fit some mapping style, but mapping styles are countless.
QFT
Topic Starter
cRyo[iceeicee]
oh TTTTT
I just realiced that i cant do anything to make highest score diff to be the last on the list......
So if i change diff names to Insane and Sandpig's insane (or whatever he chose) it will be even more confusing then....
But in my case, players who wouldnt instantly click on the last diff after download, will surely count numbers of *A* in diff names, so at least some of them will understand which diff got highest score haha
Sync
Going to get some second opinions. I want to have a calm discussion. Please, no flaming or aggressiveness. I disagree with a few things but I don't plan on forcing anything. Sorry for not being on the client yesterday, cRyo.

Will be in contact later today!
Mismagius
I found the "overmapped beats" Sync mentioned not so bad of an issue, but the 1,2x slider velocity changes and the 1/8s are surely a problem. It shouldn't be too hard to change them to follow the original flow of the map that fits way better than these sudden rhythm changes.

Also, please change the difficulty names. It took me a while to realize I was checking the Hard and not Insane diff, because of the unintuitive names. Let's just not make it harder to the player than it should be, please.
Sync
Alright, here we go

The difficulty names are confusing. They really are. They are an eyesore and the player should be able to immediately determine what difficulty the map is just by glancing at it.

The overmapping in cRyo's hardest difficulty should not be there. It adds nothing to the music. Here is some blunt feedback, provided by Charles445: http://puu.sh/GkCH

In regards to Sandpig, notes should always follow something. osu! is a very unique rhythm game in the sense that you get a strong feel for the music while you play it. It's important that mappers respect the music. Overmapping/undermapping etc can work wonderfully if they add something positive to the music. Beat placement the most important part of the map. Unless you can give reasoning to each and every note, something is not right. Just because you place beats based off of "feel" (everybody does) doesn't mean you can't justify their existence.

Style is irrelevant if something can be improved. Saying "it's my style" is not a legitimate reason it for anything. If you mapped it that way, you should be able to tell us WHY you mapped it like that and why it is BETTER than anything else.

After we get some things settled I will recheck once more and hopefully we can move forward
Snowy Dream
Q.Q
看来遇到麻烦了...
cRyo 加油です..
Topic Starter
cRyo[iceeicee]
---->Sync
Well ok lets talk about overmapping
Actually i dont understand your position here, if your meaning is *remove all triplets that doesnt exist in music or not folowing vocal* then i need to remove even more then you mentioned in your mod.
We all know abot this *triplets overmaping style* which ussually goes with JP mappers
Aenna, Hinacle, Mellon (all eroge mappers haha) all patterns based on this tripplets.
Question is how do they placing them ?
Some of them folowing music, some vocal, but most of this triplets placed by mappers feeling (just because he thinks that triplets plays fine here and fits with his pattern)
Same here, how can i explain all this triplets.......they all based on my feeling....
00:17:861 (4,5,6,7,8) - this stream doesnt exist in music, also placed by feeling
00:03:528 (1,1) - this notes doesn exist in music
Actually a lot of things doesnt exist in music here haha
If you asking me *what those triplets following ?* i would say that they following my pattern. (same with taiko patterns which following something i dont understand TAT)
Also i want to say that all triplets that u mentioned, all of them ends on the big white tick, this kind of *easy* triplets always plays well and fit music (9/10) especially here when they following same rhytm during the whole map

---->Blue Dragon
About this 1.2x hmm, well i can say that music in this parts is like more aggressive or smth and 1.0 SV a bit low there.....it just cant be the same because this part sound very differently from verse (its simpy faster)
About 1/8 well yeah they might be a bit confusing, but if you remove them you will clearly hear that 1/8 slider in BG music, so i just simply put something that exist in the song (removed one 1/8, which doesnt exist in song)
This parts plays a bit harder then chorus or verse but well, its not me its songs fault haha, also dont see any problem if my I diff would have this hard part, that why its called Insane :3

Im waiting my gd to discuss about diff names, the only problem here is that highest score diff not the last in the list (so mb i will use default names for all diffs exept the highest one)

I also hope that we will move forward next time haha
Sandpig
too long for a lazy guy like me orz...to read.

well I have already got tired of discussing something like "how should people map" or "what kind of map is good". Everyone has his own taste, if you don't like a map, just leave it away.

For every note in my map I can give a reason. If you want to hear I can write a paper. But it's not necessary, because all explanation will lead to the same conclusion - it plays/sounds good to me. That's why I said I map following my feeling. The feelings of mapping come from other maps the mapper has played, but is mixed with his own understanding as well. So we can judge a map with some usual standards, but we can't deny personal style - even including overmapping.

also, I hope we can stop those useless discussing and move forward.
Topic Starter
cRyo[iceeicee]

Snowy Dream wrote:

Q.Q
看来遇到麻烦了...
cRyo 加油です..
:(
Sandpig

cRyo[iceeicee] wrote:

Snowy Dream wrote:

Q.Q
看来遇到麻烦了...
cRyo 加油です..
图样图森破
Snowy Dream

Sandpig wrote:

cRyo[iceeicee] wrote:

图样图森破
Nice sentence.
Sync
hi

[General]
-- I'm glad you were open to changing the difficulty names. Unfortunately, the team still thinks that "AHHHH!!!!" should be changed (as do I, because I believe that the difficulty name should describe the map). I hope you do not abhor this decision. :?

[Insane]
01:02:195 (1,1,2) - I'm still firm on unstacking these notes for the sake of readability, if not anything else. I hit them correctly my first try but I was left going "woah"; therefore, it discerned me as being potentially annoying for most players instead of being fun and enjoyable.
02:08:028 (7) - Definitely consider adding a note here. Without it, it feels (to the player) that the vocals are starting later than what they would expect and it's really confusing and easy to miss. Oh, and this note should be a new combo
02:53:028 (3) - Add a new combo here to emphasize the transition in music

After getting many second opinions and going back and forth in my head for 3 days, I can say that even though I still believe some of the overmapping/speed up iffy stuff should be changed, it's not unrankable and players will still enjoy this map which is the most important thing. If anybody has a problem with decision, please talk to me and we'll discuss it.

btw discussion is never useless, it can be very effective
Sandpig
fixed 1 & 3
Sync
This song has been stuck in my head for 3 days now

good luck!
Topic Starter
cRyo[iceeicee]

Sync wrote:

This song has been stuck in my head for 3 days now

good luck!
AAAAHHHHH thx for bubble Sync ></
yukinohara
Good Luck,cRyo
Ulysses
After a long(it's not that long) discussion,finally rebubbled.
Good map though.

Have my stars to draw Andrea's attenion.~

AHHHAHHHHHAHHHHH~~
Topic Starter
cRyo[iceeicee]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH thanks yuki~, nold~ (ノ゚ω゚)ノ
aRiskOfRain
Hello.

GENERAL:

Make the 2 second lead in something like 0.5 seconds. It's far too long as it is now.
From 00:01:195 to 00:02:528, there is a section that is mapped in some difficulties and not in others. It might be nice to either map it in all of them, or remove the mapping from all of them, to make it consistent.

Normal:

You should pay attention to the AIMod suggestions about notes coming too soon after spinners~
01:09:195 (1) - Probably better off as a single non-repeating slider.
01:10:695 (3,4) - Make these into a slider?
01:15:195 (2,3) - Same thing about making these non-repeating sliders.
01:24:194 (3,4) - Delete 4, make 3 a slider that lasts 1/2.
01:28:361 (2,3,4) - These offbeats would be terribly confusing for a beginner, perhaps it would be worthwhile to make a single slider, starting from where the 2 is, ending at the 4.
01:34:694 (4,5,6) - Same as above.
01:39:361 (2,3,4) - ^
01:39:361 (2,3,4) - ^
02:26:528 (1) - Probably better off as a single non-repeating slider.
02:45:695 (2,3,4) - Same as before.
02:52:028 (2,3,4) - ^
02:56:695 (2,3,4) - ^

Taiko:

I'm not a taiko person. Ask someone who knows, I guess!

Hard:

00:25:444 (7) - I'm fine with most of the 1/4 triple stacks in this difficulty, but this one is really jarring, and sorta interrupts the flow here. Get rid of it?
01:51:528 (9) - Remove the repeat on this~

Insane:

00:03:694 (6) - stack it properly with the next 1
00:06:361 (6) - ^
00:12:861 (7) - This is not very pretty. Also, nigh on unreadable with some settings.
00:22:028 (3,4) - Why is this jump here? Honestly. Remove it or make it smaller or SOMETHING.
00:22:861 (2,3) - ^
00:34:028 (1,2) - Rotate 90 degrees clockwise or anticlockwise. This is just unfair. :|
00:55:195 (4) - Shorten by 1/4, this isn't following anything.
00:55:778 (6) - This is just as bizarrely not following anything.
00:57:861 (7) - Shorten by 1/4, this isn't following anything.
00:58:695 (2,3) - I can't work out why this jump is here.
01:02:195 (1) - Can you make this speed-up a little less extreme? It sorta comes out of no-where, and if it has to be there, I'd rather it be sensible.
01:16:361 (4) - Again, with some settings, this slider is pretty unreadable, especially how it's stacked under the two. I think this slider needs a whole new redesign.
01:40:861 (1) - ^
02:12:528 (1) - 1/4 shorter.
02:19:361 (1) - This speedup is reaaaaally hard to read. Tone it down a bit, please.
02:31:861 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - Rather than being fun to read, this is just really confusing. S:

Insane~ARGH~:

That AR does not match your slider speed, nor the map. Turn it down a notch, eh?
A difficulty name like Expert would be better. The one you have now is a bit silly looking. S:
00:19:861 (1) - 1/4 shorter.
01:29:528 (3) - Uuuuuuuuh, dunno why this is here, to be honest.
01:47:861 (1) - 1/4 shorter.
02:28:361 (1) - This would be nicer as a 1/4 repeating slider. ^^
02:52:695 (4) - This would be way prettier if it was symmetrical to that two. ><

And that's all for now. Phew.
Sandpig
overmod can destroy a map

no change

I really hope you guys can spend more time on other maps, whose creator needs more mat help. Many of my friends really have problem searching a mat.
aRiskOfRain

Sandpig wrote:

no change

I really hope you guys can spend more time on other maps, whose creator needs more mat help.
As far as I can tell, you're the one that needs help, given the amount of modding you've been given (and that you've refused). If you're not even going to consider even so far as looking at my mod, I'm not even going to consider looking at this map again.
Sakura
mapper negligence can destroy a map too
Loctav
This attutide made me lol hard.
Sushi

Sandpig wrote:

no change
You are now my hero

On a more serious note, at least, if you don't want to change stuff, and with a reason and not a stupid thing like this, say it.
Getting ignored and reading such stuff makes modders want to flip the table over your map, and is really a very very very very very very very bad attitude, which will make the ranking process very very very very very very hard. I don't think that's what you want.

tl;dr : no tl;dr for you sir, go read.
xsrsbsns

DiamondCrash wrote:

Normal:
01:10:695 (3,4) - Make these into a slider? changed
Thanks for modding
http://puu.sh/HDwF
Sandpig
for some points , I have refused once, and given the reason, I wonder if you really have seen the last mat's mod.I don't like to explain the same thing again.

And this is my map, so I have the right not to accept any mod I don't like. btw it's a GD, the creator can remove my diff if she likes to.

I am not like other mapper, in fact I even don't care if my maps can get ranked.
aRiskOfRain

Sandpig wrote:

in fact I even don't care if my maps can get ranked.
With an attitude like that, they won't.
Sandpig
so just remove my diff, if this guy just see my last sentence

DiamondCrash wrote:

Sandpig wrote:

in fact I even don't care if my maps can get ranked.
With an attitude like that, they won't.
I ask mod from mappers whose style fits mine and can give me valueable suggestion. that's how I treat this kind of so-called random mod.

see my previous posts

sleep time now

have told the creator to remove my diff

go ahead and ruin more maps plz.

P.S. remember there will never be such a principium that if someone have wasted time on me I should waste time on him in return. I never asked.
yukinohara
"What looks aesthetically pleasing to the mapper may not always look aesthetically pleasing to you. Please understand that the osu! community comes from across the world and respect each player's opinions. Instead of stating the slider is outright ugly, it is better to say "This slider looks weird in my opinion" and then to offer an alternative (via an in-post attachment or an external link). "

"Essentially, each point of your mod post should have a "when", "what", and "why". When you do not have the "why" or the "what", the suggestions may be a little confusing for the mapper. This, in turn, makes your mod a lot less useful than it should be. Simply explaining your suggestions will make your mod a lot more useful. "

http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Modding#Basic_modding_method

Though i am not a mapper,I think that we should calm down to listen to others‘ advice and find our own problems.
If you were giving a modding,show the mapper the detail reason insteading of just saying “overmap” “it makes me confused” “I do bot like the style”.
Modding is helping the mapper make a more sense beatmap IN THE MAPPER'S STYLE NOT IN YOUR STYLE,when you think it is bad others may not think so.if you felt uncomfortable with it,ignore it and make your own map in your own style.
If you were a mapper,you may follow the modders’ suggestions and fix the MISTAKES in your map,and i think that a mapper has his/her right to keep his/her own mapping style if the map did not break the ranking rules.

we should stop making a war between the mappers and the modders,the thing should to do is fixing the problems and mistakes in the map.
Sandpig
chat log here, just for others to judge it.

that's all I can say.

gn

view
NatsumeRin
I'm here because it seems have to be someone could understand both side at least a bit, at the same time.

@Sandpig: I'd like you to response DC's mod post as you did for the previous mod posts, it's pretty boring to reply something twice or more, but no modders will check the whole thread before modding. Try to get the communication well.

@DC: Keep calm, things like "it is not to do with style it is to do with errors" will only make it worse. Try to get the line between rules and subjective things... thanks.
Snowy Dream
落ち着いて 落ち着いて
Q.Q
show more