forum

Fast streaming

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nix-
So does anyone have any tips or anything I can do to work on streaming? I can stream well up until like 160-170BPM after that I can't physically tap fast enough, and streams become to fast fore me to the point where I'm only landing 100s and 50s. What can I do to improve my streaming speed (Accuracy is not a problem, if I can stream, I can stream mostly 300s) :o
E m i
if i rest my wrist on the desk in only one spot as opposed to fully planting it together with my thumb, i can literally stream 20bpm more.

you might find a different technique like less separated keypresses, not pressing as hard, and treating the stream as one constant movement that lets you reuse the force from previous keypresses by "bouncing" a bit, etc, to let you stream faster too
abraker
I stream poorly in std but well in mania such that I can easily burst out up to 320 bpm and sustain it if I mix wrist jack and trill diligently. To sustain high bpm requires to not focus on whether you are falling behind or ahead, but just doing it like clockwork. In mania I am able to do that because I have a feel for how I hit and know the speed I need to hit at.

My reading in std is worse than mania and have no feel for how early or late I am hitting. So I end up playing around with speed and throwing myself out of balance. This often causes strain as I force my self to catch up by making finger move up or down when it's in the process of doing the opposite, which leads to fast stamina drain.

If I had a higher screen refresh rate, I might be able to sustain higher BPM in mania, because as soon as it goes over a certain bpm, the notes are close enough that they double, which throws off my reading, I fall into trying to get the speed right, and ultimately deplete myself of stamina.

Anything not reading related is a matter of fine finger motor control - making sure you achieve the right resonance such that you are not making your fingers go in the opposite way than what they are currently in the process of doing. You will get a satisfying vibration like feeling if actually do this.
ManuelOsuPlayer
I use this map to learn to read streams in general https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1192807
I play it until i pass it without nofail just by retry over and over until i find a way to read consistenly the strems.
I also use old beatmap packs to get better reading. https://osu.ppy.sh/p/packlist Start by number one and focus on acc. It will improve your snipe aim and stacked circles tap.
Xalesin
Rest helps.
Also you can search for more comfortable hand angle (as bad example: i'm playing with hand in air, because my wrists is thin and i feel uncomfortable and sometimes even painfull with hand on table).
Try use ring finger (z+c) its may increase your overall speed by cost of accuracy (if you have no experience with this stance).
If you want just brutforce - doubletap (but this rly bad way)

I'm improved a bit my overall stream speed and stamina after changing my playstyle to alternate for few weeks (my problem was in weak middle finger, so alternate increased his power). But this is way too radical.
And ofcourse play more stream maps.
kai99
dw i was stuck in 170bpm for the longest time and most maps until the 5.5+* range are around 170bpm unless you like 200bpm ones so i dont think it's a big of a problem. it'll eventually come as you progress
DXPOHIHIHI
Rested hand: slower tapping but stable

Floated hand: tapping is dramatically increased but very unstable

(For me)