forum

How do you make your way towards AR10?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Crunchies
I started playing 3 months ago (I had an account 3 years ago but never cleared a map other than tutortial)
and i'm currently hovering around 4.5*.
Do i keep doing 4 stars or start trying to clear 5 stars?

Does DT help with doing AR10 and 5 stars? I don't know when DT will actually be helpful to learn.
Pretty much I don't know when to try to move on to the next level or what the next level even is.
I'm not sure if I'm really making any progress doing 4* maps so I wanna know if i should keep doing 4*until I suddenly wake up and feel good enough to ease my way into the 5* maps or just start trying to clear them now.
pandaBee
Install McOsu through Steam and you can freely alter the AR of any map by pressing F1 and manipulating the slider. You can practice higher and higher ARs in incremental jumps through this practice client. You can shift the slider in smaller increments by holding down alt.
This also helps for practicing harder maps on slightly slower speeds (0.8x-0.95x is the range I like to play).
Other than that just play more.
- e - v - b-
play more ar10+, try doing HR or ar8.5+DT
Kondou-Shinichi
just D O N TT T play ar10
pandaBee

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

That would be ideal, wouldn't it? But nooooo peppy just has to have it his way.
Kondou-Shinichi

pandaBee wrote:

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

That would be ideal, wouldn't it? But nooooo peppy just has to have it his way.
hey theres a ez mod
also yea dt will help since usually map with ar10 is very hard
Yujin Senpai
In my opinion you should just challange yourself star rate isnt really an indicator.

Get a lot of beatmaps and just play what you feel like playing. Multi is a good way to find new maps.

I have the same Struggle with reading Higher AR you're not alone. The way I try to improve is by playing AR 8 with DT , which is AR 9.66 or sth.
Playing 3* songs with HR ( AR 7 +) I also do when I feel like it.

The difficulty at 5* maps really expands. Bursts are faster, Streams are longer, Patterns become harder to read. Jumps are further away from each other.
It becomes significantly harder to get good acc because the OD spikes up.

Just practice what you are bad at and eventually you will get better at it. But most importantly have fun!! :)
Sancteria
Never heard about McOsu, gonna try it out later since it makes the following strategy easier to set up.

You can take a map that you can play well and edit the AR or the CS to make it just slightly more difficult, if you push yourself too hard, it'll be more uncomfortable and taking longer for your brain to improve.

If you are used to AR9, go edit a pack of your maps u can play well (but not full clear) and set it to 9.2 - 9.4

At the end of your Osu session, you gonna play a bunch of these practice maps, after that take a break so your brain can rewire and improve.

Once ur good at 9.4, you increase the AR of your practice maps.

BUT

I personally wouldn't play DT or HR before you can't full clear 5 star maps but the improvement strategy as Ive explained will certainly help becoming better in Osu and I think this is exactly what McOsu is designed for.

The problem is, the smallest unsimilarity from McOsu according to the original game might change things up, so it can be worth preparing your practice maps in the original game
kai99
i still cant play ar10
Akanagi
Play more high AR, and consider slapping on HD for everything that's higher than AR9 since that usually makes it easier.

Edit your favourite maps to AR10 and / or AR9,5, if you can't read that, also edit the CS to be slighty lower than 4 (3,5-3,9 is ideal) since higher CS also makes it easier to read higher ARs.

Don't try to sightread AR10 at first, just stick to the maps you've played before and the ones you like most. Also try to play the most straightforward maps that aren't built too difficult in terms of patterns.
A lot of monstratas farm maps are ideal for this. I used several farm / pp maps to get used to it and it worked fine for me.

:cry:

Also trying ARs higher than 10 can also help you adjust more quickly, you kinda get the Sharingan when you play 10,3-10,6 and then go back to AR10.

Another really good map to get used to high AR is:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/564813 (+DT!)

It will probably oneshot you in the end, but still it's prob one of the best high AR practice maps out there.

The map is very simple, has different BPMs and easy jumps and large CS so you can fully concentrate on reading the turbo AR.
Yes, it is AR10,67 or smthn with DT, but trust it isn't as scary as it sounds and will definitely speed up the process of getting adjusted to higher AR (+you get that Sharingan effect I mentioned earlier if you play this b4 starting your AR10 session)

Mind you, this is coming from a guy with turtle reaction time who spends a lot of time playing AR7-8 and sh*tmaps and when I can play that map on AR10,67, so can you. (And obviously you can learn AR10 too)

And again, don't forget to put HD on for easier reading and free pp / score.
DXPOHIHIHI
Learning ar10 just use hr
My Angel Jeremy
don,t play ar 10 it sucks
Railey2
Well, you COULD play a shitload of AR10 to eventually get used to it. Slowly grinding your way there, so that you can maybe, hopefully read AR10 one day. That's one way to do it, it's the route I chose as well and the route that most people choose. But there is a different way too

Everyone can read AR10 if you make your screen bright enough. Some people call it an exploit, and it's certainly unfair to everyone who doesn't know what's going on with changed gamma-settings, but if you really want to play AR10... this is the way to get there fast and without much effort.

Lots of top-players abuse this, afaik. Have fun.