forum

[Archived] Lag Spikes Osu !

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Belfast
Hello, for almost a month now i've been getting these weird lag spikes on my laptop. And after looking on every thread about this i didn't find any solution so there we go.
I honestly think my laptop is good enough to run osu even without a single lag spike, so it really concerns me.
The lag spike is actually not something particularly disturbing but it can even make me fail miserably on the slowest sliders so it is kinda problematic i guess.
I have really no idea what may be the cause. I tried openning osu in a compatibility mode set to Windows XP (Service Pack 3), as someone mentioned and what helped the other people. I did a lot of thing but really nothing helped me. I really would be thankful for your help, thanks. Below is my laptop specification:

Intel core i5-6300HQ 2.30 GHz
8GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960m
64 bit operating system

that's everything i think.

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
RokkaAstrea
I don't know if you've seen this thread, but please specify what kind of lag spike it is.
Were the audio and images delayed? Or was the game just choppy?

Also: Did you experience the lag spikes only after an update?
Topic Starter
Belfast
Oh, sorry i didnt actually see this one. So the lag spike was here all the time since i installed osu on this laptop 2 months ago. I dont think it was an update fault. And the lag looks like getting 1 second of lag with the audio and images delayed too. Sometimes it's all the time (something like 10 times in a minute) and sometimes its just 1 lag spike in 10 minutes, but it happens everytime i play.
RokkaAstrea
hmm, did following any of the steps listed in the thread provide any sort of improvement? Closing background processes.. etc.
Topic Starter
Belfast
Nothing at all, i even tried to change the priority of Osu ! in task manager. The lag is the same with the start of the computer as iff working 4,5 hours straight, with or without apps in background.
RokkaAstrea
Do you play with the beatmap video and storyboard? If yes, turn them off in the in-game settings. These graphics may be too hard for your mac to process.

If you're using a mouse, be sure to disable the default mouse acceleration. This causes the input lag.
Topic Starter
Belfast
Unfortunately, everything you included I already turned off, and im using a tablet.
RokkaAstrea
Re-installing would be a last resort. Maybe try opening osu! as administrator. Other than that, I really have no idea what would cause your game to run slowly.