forum

[resolved] Drag and Drop didn't work!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tanakahakase
Problem Details:
When I drag some beatmaps into the osu! window, the cursor changes into a cross ("x"), not allowing me to import many beatmaps at once
Uta
Instead of dragging it, why don't you just try to click the beatmap instead.
Death
Try running osu! as an administrator.
Topic Starter
tanakahakase

Death wrote:

Try running osu! as an administrator.
I've been running it as admin since I can't write to osu.db
Topic Starter
tanakahakase

Uta wrote:

Instead of dragging it, why don't you just try to click the beatmap instead.
around 50 maps is not a good idea to click them one by one
Death
This can happen when either osu! is being run as an administrator and windows explorer is not, or vice versa. I would suggest not running osu! as an administrator, but as you have said that causes other issues there are alternative ways of importing multiple maps at once. It is also possible to run/start explorer as an administrator.

To import multiple maps at once, move all of the beatmap files you want to import into your Songs directory and hit F5 on the song selection screen.

I'm also curious what issues are experience when you do not run osu! as an administrator.
Kondou-Shinichi
actually what admin permission does osu need? im curious.
Topic Starter
tanakahakase

Death wrote:

This can happen when either osu! is being run as an administrator and windows explorer is not, or vice versa. I would suggest not running osu! as an administrator, but as you have said that causes other issues there are alternative ways of importing multiple maps at once. It is also possible to run/start explorer as an administrator.

To import multiple maps at once, move all of the beatmap files you want to import into your Songs directory and hit F5 on the song selection screen.

I'm also curious what issues are experience when you do not run osu! as an administrator.
osu! can't write to its database files, so I had to import new files again everytime i start osu
Topic Starter
tanakahakase
Not running osu! with admin right solved the problem and osu! seems to not making any issue about can't write to osu.db again. Thanks!