forum

Steam's Epic Holiday Giveaway

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jinxy
Dammit I just deleted Rusty Hearts a week ago, now I have to wait for the download.
Randy96
I got Hunted: The Demon's Forge, trade?
not tradable yet it seems
adam2046
I got Sniper Ghost Warrior + DLC if anyone really wants to trade for it.
Rantai
Does anyone want (to trade for) a 50% off CoD:BO coupon? It's worth less than nothing to me : \
[DG2L]YungYeezy
I wish I had money and that my Steam client would work...
0_o
Just crafted off 50% super meat boy

WONDERFUL

Oh, and just so it's clear, you can still receive coal from achievements after crafting 7 of them, you just can't craft another coal. They worded it weirdly.

I learned this the hard way after paying a refined for 3 of them >_>
Mashley
Got Dead Space from today's deals, now I only have £3 left in my steam wallet, guess I'll spend that tomorrow! D:
List of the games I got this winter from the sale and christmas, just because: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Blur, Brink, DiRT 3, EYE, Far Cry 2, Hard Reset, Left 4 Dead, Monday Night Combat, Overlord, Poker Night at the Inventory, Prototype, STALKER, Sonic Generations and Rainbow Six Vegas.
Pretty good haul I reckon! :D
Rantai
Hmm just got Saw, another unwanted thing D:
Lilac
Let's see... I've got coupons for Valve games, a 50% Rockstar Coupon and 50% of Chantelise..

I also have guest passes for Killing floor and a full copy of Torchlight which I will play the demo before giving away.
Rantai

Lilac wrote:

50% of Chantelise.
God damn it.
Mashley
Just traded my 9 coal for Section 8: Prejudice, wheeee!
Mogsy
Crafted 50% off Global Agenda: Commando Libya. Um...okay?

Yeah, I've kinda got nothing people want and coupons for things nobody wants/I already own. Sequence itself is a gift I already sent a friend.
YellowerYoshi
I currently have 5 coal and a 33% Off Any Game coupon because I can't be arsed to do these silly achievements.
cococococo_old
i have half life 2 as gift and i sell it for coal, money or other game pm me
Qliphoth_old

Shootinglight wrote:

I wish I had money and that my Steam client would work...
DotA 2 :(
Galkan
I have some crap to trade:

- 16 coals
- Valve 25%, 33%, 2x 50% coupons
- Meridian4 33% coupon
- IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover 50%
- Hearts of Iron III 60%

If anyone wants something, hit me up with offers via pm at here, Xfire or Steam: galkan92
Pandemoniusz
The only thing i bought was the Orange Box for 3,50 euro. Tried to craft something useful but ended with -50% Orcs must die :/ A 2 days later I got another Orange Box and traded it for 15 coal. Then spent 24 coal on Universe Sandbox, Sanctum and Terraria. Also gave some unwanted games to my friends. (First Templar, FlatOut and Blocks that matter)

Funny stuff about this event:

and this http://i.imgur.com/xfjsK.jpg
Tatsuo
I have 105 coal (I buy them at a reclaimed each). I hope that I win something.
Oh and I have pointless coupons. Who wants them?
Jinxy
Crafted a 50% Hacker Evolution: Untold
RandomJibberish
I have Rome Total War and coupons for Kick it and F1 2011 to get rid of. Yaaay.
Cloudy
7 coal crafted into -50% off Roboblitz oh joy~ Now that coupon can sit there and expire along with my other -50% X-SuperBox.
Topic Starter
Rukario
All these coupons remind me that getting the grand prize MIGHT not be such a good thing. Oh well, I'd sell it on ebay anyways :P
Galkan
Has anyone got this achievement from The Binding of Isaac? This game is totally random, I've spent like 4 hours and nothing so far :\
adam2046

Galkan wrote:

Has anyone got this achievement from The Binding of Isaac? This game is totally random, I've spent like 4 hours and nothing so far :\
It's ridiculously luck based.
I've defeated Mom twice now (my first time finishing the game) and only got the devil room about 6 times in all my playthroughs.

In other news, I managed to win another copy of Amnesia and a copy of Left4Dead 2 from the gift pile after 32 objectives.

Edit:BAM! Approximately 5 hours of playtime and I got to him and blew him away with Brimstone and Doctor's Romote.
Edit Edit: Got 99 coins, killed a bunch of stuff with lasers, beat Mom's Heart in the same Krampus playthrough, feel like boss.
Edit Edit Edit: 50% off Atom Zombie Smasher :|
AikoKudo
Poor Adam.
I feel like im in the same boat as you. 33 objectives and (pretty much) nothing.
Train Simulator 2012, Dota 2, Just Cause 2, Aaaaa!, the frozenbyte bundle and double-pack of Breath of Death VII and Cthulu Saves the world. 3 Of those I just traded a whole bunch of shit for.

Also I spent 5 hours on fucking BoI and I got nothing. Super Meat Boy is broken as shit. Dungeon Defenders is going to take forever.

These last few achievements are a pain in the rear ;A;
Galkan
Finally managed to clear out this achiev from TBoI.
And all I got was fucking coal. Then I got another coal from Steam Guard achiev.

20 coals, 4 coupons in total :|
Topic Starter
Rukario
I dunno why everyone thinks the achievement for Isaac was that hard.
Devil rooms are more likely to be triggered if you beat a boss with full health. And I got the Krampus on my first Devil Room actually.He appeared on like the second floor too.
AikoKudo
Rukario - I told you, you just got exceedingly lucky.
I've gone through the first floor over 100 times, without getting hit AT ALL, while only getting the devil a couple times, and even then, krampus did not appear.
Galkan

Rukarioman wrote:

I dunno why everyone thinks the achievement for Isaac was that hard.
Devil rooms are more likely to be triggered if you beat a boss with full health. And I got the Krampus on my first Devil Room actually.He appeared on like the second floor too.
I knew it but still it depends on luck.

steamtreasurehunt wrote:

A Devil's Room never appears after the first boss. Choosing Cain as your character if you have unlocked him improves your chances of running into Krampus.

The following actions improve your chances of making the Devil's Room appears at the end of a level:
Killing the boss without taking any damage
Finishing the level without taking any damage
Killing the beggars
Buying items from the Devil

Your chances of running into Krampus increase drastically after the first Devil's Room you enter in the same game:
10% chances of running into Krampus on your first Devil's Room
50% chances on your second Devil's Room
85% chances on your third Devil's Room
I encountered Krampus on second Devil's Room in the playthrough, but like 20th in all I entered in :\
awp

Galkan wrote:

steamtreasurehunt wrote:

A Devil's Room never appears after the first boss. Choosing Cain as your character if you have unlocked him improves your chances of running into Krampus.

The following actions improve your chances of making the Devil's Room appears at the end of a level:
Killing the boss without taking any damage
How does killing the boss without taking damage increase your chances of finding one if a Devil's Room never appears after the first boss?

I've completed ten objectives so far. Got 7 coal, crafted for a 33% Valve coupon. I've also gotten a 50% Valve, a 25% Valve and a 10% Paradox coupon. I reckon every single one of them'll expire.
Galkan

awp wrote:

How does killing the boss without taking damage increase your chances of finding one if a Devil's Room never appears after the first boss?
This in work for level 2 and forth :?
Tatsuo
Hey guys, stop crafting your coal. There is no longer anything worth for crafting them.

Source: http://redd.it/nydqu
awp
I have an Ebenezer TF2 hat. That's apparently one of the 3 holiday hats?
AikoKudo

awp wrote:

Yeah, and did you know, people will pay you big money for that and even exchange games and shit for it? =w=
Tatsuo
Yes, that's actually worth something... Like a 10 dollar game in the TF2 trading world. (or more if you find the right buyer) semi-rare hat. The price will probably go up after the event ends. I'm interested in it actually... I'll go get a proper price check before I offer anything for it. (So I don't feel like I'm ripping you off or vice versa)

EDIT: "Well this was a disappointment."
Price is dropping. It hit 3 - 4 keys. (keys are valued at $1.50, so 6 bucks in total)
Curse you TF2 Economy.

awp

AikoKudo wrote:

awp wrote:

Yeah, and did you know, people will pay you big money for that and even exchange games and shit for it? =w=
That's good for me then, because idgaf about TF2 hats
Galkan
I have 25 coals atm, do you think I stand a chance of winning VCP?

Edit: 31, if anyone doesn't need, please pass them to me! :e
Dragvon
Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Anyone interested? It's the game gift.
Backfire
Bought Red River when it was like 9$
Highly Reccomend it! c:

Also Galkan, statistically, you'll have 30 more chances to win than people with 1.
But.
31 out of 5 million.
Also Statistically, You'd probably have a better chance gambling and winning 200$ on a lottery ticket then buying it.
Cloudy
Oh crap, I don't have any coal left which means no entries to the giveaway! NOOO-
show more