forum

Steam's Epic Holiday Giveaway

posted
Total Posts
show more
Gabi
i got team fortress classic, i feel so scammed.
Backfire

mm201 wrote:

Gift.
C-Can I have it!!11111eleven~!!
;w; Then again you don't really know me, so you should probably give it to someone you love ;~;
Topic Starter
Rukario
Got HL2 Ep1 and Ep2 from a friend of mine
He has 7 accounts and already bought the valve complete pack
GLORIOUS
adam2046
1 Valve coupon and 6 pieces of coal...
This is the worst christmas ever.
Gaba
Got a Coal and HL1 for free.
mm201
If anyone has a spare HL2 ep2, I'll swap for my Portal. It's the only Orange Box thing I don't have.

Edit:

Now I'm curious.

Edit2: Just a bug. Nevermind.
Backfire

Like a boss.
awp
Oooh, one of the games with a challenge is a game I actually HAVE! I haven't played Psychonauts yet though so idk how long that'll take. Each achievement, once revealed, is good until Jan 1st right? I don't have to get it within the next 24 hours? Cuz I got shit to do
yuuki_old

awp wrote:

Oooh, one of the games with a challenge is a game I actually HAVE! I haven't played Psychonauts yet though so idk how long that'll take. Each achievement, once revealed, is good until Jan 1st right? I don't have to get it within the next 24 hours? Cuz I got shit to do
yup you got till january 1st or 2nd i believe
Backfire
dungeons of dredmor ^^
adam2046
Almost bought Clive Barker's Jericho...
These sales are dangerous.
Mogsy

awp wrote:

Drop everything, play Psychonauts. It'll be worth your time.
awp
I know Psychonauts is a fantastic game. I don't even have to play it to know that.

But I gotta get my KSGL on.
adam2046
7 pieces of coal.
*craft*
50% off Vice City.

Why do you hate me Steam...
Topic Starter
Rukario
Why would you actually craft the coal? I'm totally gonna keep all of it
adam2046
Because the only things I've ever won in my whole life were a christmas cake and Red Faction Armageddon.
I don't even like christmas cake.
Randy96
I currently have 50% off Valve, 50% off Rollercoaster Tycoon Platinum, and 1 coal

I have no games on steam pretty much, can only get the free goodies that roll around :(
awp

adam2046 wrote:

7 pieces of coal.
*craft*
50% off Vice City.

Why do you hate me Steam...
oh man I thought you got a game if you crafted those coal

or like, a useful discount like 50% off any one title
Topic Starter
Rukario

Already used my two Half Life gifts
adam2046

awp wrote:

oh man I thought you got a game if you crafted those coal

or like, a useful discount like 50% off any one title
It's the exact same things you get for unlocking the presents except you can't get another piece of coal by crafting coal.
Pokebis
I traded my 50% off any steam for Killing Floor. Also got a piece of coal for joining that group or whatever.
Somebody gifted my Dungeons of Dredmor so Imma do that now.
Larto
Buying way too much. oh god. their strategy is working. so well. So far I haven't gotten any games out of this (I got Orcs Must Die for completing Orcs Must Die's achievement), but I'm trading some stuff for Borderlands. Yai!
awp
I'm excited and then disappointed every day so far

I haven't done any of the game achievements because I haven't been interested in any of the games except Psychonauts. I'm waiting for the sales to offer something relevant to my interests that I don't already have.
adam2046
Finally got something other than coal and it's actually worth something. 50% off any Rockstar game and LA Noir is only 25% off currently...and then I got 50% off Steel Storm: Burning Retribution 4 pack :/
awp
Steel Storm is pretty fun imo
adam2046
The game is currently 75% off and a lot of people got it in the Humble Indie Bundle.
I don't think there's a person who would actually want this coupon.
Mashley
I bought like 3 games today/yesterday, which were:
Monday Night Combat; this was 75% off for a bit but then it went up to 50%, luckily I got it before the price changed. Game is really fun actually, it's sort of a cross between the typical 'MOBA' format and a third person shooter, with a nice style and setting as well. Doubt I'll get into it much, competitive multiplayer games are rarely my cup of tea but it's still a good buy. Shame there's a f2p version 'Super Monday Night Combat' coming out soon. -_-
STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl; Heard good things about this game, it sounds like something I could really sink into for a bit.
EYE Divine Cybermancy; Was browsing the store when I saw this game was discounted to £1.24, which must have been a mistake actually as it's now gone up to £2.49. I had heard a friend recommend this before so at such a low price I just had to pick it up.
Still have £26 left in my Steam Wallet, bring on the rest of the sale! :)

Larto wrote:

I got Orcs Must Die for completing Orcs Must Die's achievement
Pahaaa! My god that is fantastic.
Tatsuo

adam2046 wrote:

The game is currently 75% off and a lot of people got it in the Humble Indie Bundle.
I don't think there's a person who would actually want this coupon.
I'll take it off your hands :)
What would you want for it, lol.
adam2046

Tatsuo wrote:

I'll take it off your hands :)
What would you want for it, lol.
I'll pretty much only take coal or games for trade and I don't think it's worth a whole game.
You sure you can actually make use of it?
awp
I have steam stuff to trade for that achievement thingy. My inventory won't load (probably for the preceding reason) but I'll give anyone who wants it either a TF2 hat of some kind or a 50% off Valve coupon that I have no plan to use. Don't really care too much what I get in return; I'm more interested in what I get out of achieving that trade thing, since none of the in-game achievements have interested me.

it is first come first serve btw and after a few hours I'll basically be incommunicado for a day or two.
adam2046
Did anyone else buy Railworks 3: Train Simulator 2012 just because it was so damn cheap?
Mashley
I was considering it D:
Corin
Coal...
Larto
"Okay, now I plunged the world into a thermonuclear war. What did I get? Oh, another coupon...- 'The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim 33% off' fuck yes."

First really useful thing I got! Fuck yeah!

EDIT: And now I won Hitman! Don't know if it's good, but hooray!
Mashley
Good deals today, I got Prototype, Hard Reset and Rainbow Six Vegas.
Larto

Larto wrote:

"Okay, now I plunged the world into a thermonuclear war. What did I get? Oh, another coupon...- 'The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim 33% off' fuck yes."

Lilac
If only it was a golden coupon, Larto.

...Then you could actually use that on top of the 33% off now.
Mashley

Larto wrote:

]
STEEEEEAAAM
Nharox

<3
NoHitter
Larto <3

Thanks to you I got my seventh coal which I crafted into a Jurassic Park :D
show more