forum

Steam's Epic Holiday Giveaway

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rukario

I'm sure everyone on steam already knows what it is about. If not just open your client, would you.
Anyways, what were your 2 free gifts? Were they only coupons or did you get some games right away.

Discuss
adam2046
25% off Valve games...after the 50% off sale.
And the other gift I unlocked wont show up.
trollface.jpg

Rukarioman wrote:

2 free gifts
Huh? I only got a single gift :(
Topic Starter
Rukario
You usually get 1 gift by default and then another one for looking in your inventory for it. But I heard from many people that this glitched up for them.
awp
Got a 50% off coupon, but I'm not sure if there are any Valve games that I both want and don't already have
YellowerYoshi
Yeah everything is glitchy as hell right now because "OH GOD STEAM STEAM SALE". I was getting plagued with errors trying to browse anything earlier, they'll probably fix it up later. Funnily enough I got a 33% off coupon earlier but now it isn't there. Oh Steam you so silly.
Backfire
I will win number 1.
I SWEAR.
Tatsuo
Saw this on reddit... Man, steam is insane. I feel sorry for the winner. They will get friend requests up the ass
Nekoroll
rofl, I'm laughing at the Steam servers right now. What a mess. :(

I got a 33% off Valve game coupon for today's thing. I already have all the Valve games that I'd want though, I think.
NoHitter
33% off coupon for me.
Bro got HL2 : Episode 2
Jinxy
"25% off any one title on Steam listed with Valve as the publisher."
"50% off on the title Red Faction Armageddon."
ooookay... I guess I could get L4D2 with the former, but does anyone have Red Faction? How's the gameplay?
adam2046
I won Red Faction Armageddon a while ago in a comp.
...It's still in its plastic wrap.

Everyone generally agrees that it's not as good as Guerrilla, and from what I've seen of the gameplay it looks pretty average as a shooter.
Buy it if you like destroying buildings and shooting monsters.
I got a cool statue for the game out of the comp though.
Mashley
I got Counter Strike Source, traded it for Left 4 Dead 2 :D
adam2046
Apparently I had to play a game with steam inventory integration to get my items to appear.
...Two pieces of coal.
yuuki_old

awp wrote:

Got a 50% off coupon, but I'm not sure if there are any Valve games that I both want and don't already have
i will use mine for CS G:O
if possible atleast
Copter-kun

yuuki wrote:

awp wrote:

i will use mine for CS G:O
if possible atleast
Of course it won't.
Nharox

Tatsuo wrote:

I feel sorry for the winner. They will get friend requests up the ass
Why? Nobody will know that you won the grand prize if you don't tell + you can disable friend requests. It's funny when you see a profile from someone who works at Steam, they own all games.

Anyway, the grand prize is horrible if you ask me. Your library will be filled with more shitty games than good ones. :(
Copter-kun

Nharox wrote:

Tatsuo wrote:

I feel sorry for the winner. They will get friend requests up the ass
Why? Nobody will know that you won the grand prize if you don't tell + you can disable friend requests. It's funny when you see a profile from someone who works at Steam, they own all games.

Anyway, the grand prize is horrible if you ask me. Your library will be filled with more shitty games than good ones. :(
That's why you have favourites! You can just sort the good games that way.
Nharox

Copter-kun wrote:

That's why you have categories. And do you really want to go through 1000+ games?
Copter-kun

Nharox wrote:

Copter-kun wrote:

That's why you have categories. And do you really want to go through 1000+ games?
Then again. Yes. No one is going to play all 1000+. Still, what other better way would have been there for the main prize?
Backfire
I only got 1 gift.
And it was a faggot coupon for valve games.
I already own all the valve games that I give a shit about.
mm201
I got a 25% Valve coupon, a coal, and another Portal. (Maybe the Portal was there before, I dunno.)
I might as well do the Edge challenge.
Backfire
mm, are you saying you have an extra portal to gift, or now you have two?
mm201
Gift.
Gabi
i got team fortress classic, i feel so scammed.
show more