forum

Give modding v1 maps a choice to convert over to modding v2

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Nitrous
Simple request, maps with existing mods on modding v1 (forum mods) aren't converted over to v2. Existing mods will still be preserved over at the old forum, existing nominations will be converted over as well (bubble = 1 nomination). Star Priority might be considered as well, with maps over +12 may be applicable to nomination regardless of hype. Adding an option to move over for reasons such as modders and mappers preferencing the newer system likely because of how intuitively simple modding has become. Other reasons will be listed whenever I get ideas.

The forum of the converted set can still be accessible but cannot post newer threads. In a nutshell, a read-only state.

Note that conversion is voluntary. This is just simply giving the mapper a choice to move.
[MTF] Wolfette

Nitrous wrote:

Simple request, maps with existing mods on modding v1 (forum mods) aren't converted over to v2. Existing mods will still be preserved over at the old forum, existing nominations will be converted over as well (bubble = 1 nomination). Star Priority might be considered as well, with maps over +12 may be applicable to nomination regardless of hype. Adding an option to move over for reasons such as modders and mappers preferencing the newer system likely because of how intuitively simple modding has become. Other reasons will be listed whenever I get ideas.
I’ll only support this if it goes for the other way around too. I think v2 is inconvenient due to not being able to paste guest difficulties in forum thread anymore or being able to only suggest one edit at a time through the timeline.
Topic Starter
Nitrous

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

Nitrous wrote:

I’ll only support this if it goes for the other way around too. I think v2 is inconvenient due to not being able to paste guest difficulties in forum thread anymore or being able to only suggest one edit at a time through the timeline.
That would just simply make transitions to moddingv2 pointless then. I don't agree with your point.
abraker

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

I’ll only support this if it goes for the other way around too.
the old will be decommissioned as soon as the new is finished.
[MTF] Wolfette

abraker wrote:

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

I’ll only support this if it goes for the other way around too.
the old will be decommissioned as soon as the new is finished.
Well shit…
Tanomoshii Nekojou

Nitrous wrote:

I totally agree with this one.
the new system should atleast have compatibility with the old system.... Its like having Microsoft Office 2013 can open lower versions...

Im not good with photo editing but if the old system will be replaced by mod v2, there should still be a place for it from the old maps... :3
Topic Starter
Nitrous
Thread Bump since it got moved to 2nd page.
Saltssaumure

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

Uploading with ShareX is faster for the map host, so that they can simply download the .osu instead of copy-pasting then saving. You can post the gd link as a praise in the general section for the host to see.