forum

Is trying to climb ranks actually worth it?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yojiche
I feel like if I genuinely wanted to climb ranks I probably could, but is the reward really worth the effort? From what I've heard farming maps are basically necessary, but I just don't know if that's really going to be worth it.
Andrea
Don't think about the rank but enjoy the game and play the maps you like the most instead, if you use this mindset trust me that you'll also gain ranks without even noticing.
E m i

Andrea wrote:

Don't think about the rank but enjoy the game and play the maps you like the most instead, if you use this mindset trust me that you'll also gain ranks without even noticing.
the legend
Beard
I'd agree with Andrea, if you're playing songs that you like and are playing osu! at your own pace playing maps that actually interest you instead of playing maps that you're "forced" to play if you want to gain ranks, you'll be gaining ranks in no time.

At the end of the day, it's a game where you click circles to the beat of songs that are mainly Japanese. In the grand scheme of the universe does your rank on a circle clicking game matter? No, it's the experience had playing the game.
FINGERLOCK
If you find playing farm maps fun then you should but if you don't, find maps you find fun and play those. Playing maps you don't enjoy will burn you out the fastest.
abraker

yojiche wrote:

I feel like if I genuinely wanted to climb ranks I probably could, but is the reward really worth the effort? From what I've heard farming maps are basically necessary, but I just don't know if that's really going to be worth it.
Become an EZ player and forget all your worries
Akanagi

yojiche wrote:

is the reward really worth the effort?
Let me answer this with a question:

What reward?
Caput Mortuum

Rayne wrote:

yojiche wrote:

is the reward really worth the effort?

What reward?
Exactly.

Unless you're aiming to be a top tier player who participates in tournaments often, there's really no benefit in climbing the ladder aside from self-gratification.
E m i

Eraser wrote:

Rayne wrote:

What reward?
Exactly.

Unless you're aiming to be a top tier player who participates in tournaments often, there's really no benefit in climbing the ladder aside from self-gratification.
If both of you are trying to say that there is no reward because the reward is small, I'm scared. The reward being worth or not worth the effort is something that can still exist under one's subjective consideration -_-
Sandy Hoey

Eraser wrote:

Momiji wrote:

If both of you are trying to say that there is no reward because the reward is small, I'm scared. The reward being worth or not worth the effort is something that can still exist under one's subjective consideration -_-
That’s what that is
Obiwan
There is no worth to anything in life , other than the one you attribute to it yourself.
If you focus on getting better at the game the ranks will follow. Play the game and you'll find out.