forum

osu tapping position affecting stream speed?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yameroooo
does the way your hand is placed on the x/z keys affect your streaming speed? over the last 4 months ive tried improving but literally cant stream faster than 180/185 bpm and this includes stream training maps and such, i mean 4 months ago i get 93% on tower of heaven and even to this day the acc just doesnt go up. currently, my hand is really relaxed and stretched and i was wondering if switching to a more curled up position would help even if it means taking a month to learn because i really do like streams but i cant do them. this is what i mean https://gyazo.com/602fa3a48bc54c1441999e43d7a7457f i play the one in the first pic, should i use the second one?
Railey2
You shouldn't use the first for playing either the piano or osu, so yeah the second one is better. You have a better angle on the keys with the second, and therefore need less strength or stamina to push them down.
E m i
use both like i do 8-)
SPOILER
until 200-240 bpm depending on how intense the map is

200-240+ bpm
lifting/tilting my hand a bit helps too but who knows why, 2 years ago i didn't have as much trouble with keeping my hand completely planted even on 250-300bpm
pandaBee
Those collars though.
;)
ManuelOsuPlayer
It does affect. The first poissition give you more speed. The second more control and better UR.
Play exactly the same but getting a little angle at the elbow (getting your keyboard closer) can change also things like speed, muscle memory, etc.