forum

Stupidity vs Awareness

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DJ Enetro
If stupidity is the lack of intelligence and/or common sense,
Then clearly you have to be constantly aware of your posts’ consequences.

To be aware of your posts’ consequences on the forums,
if someone tells you to stop
The right thing to do would be to just suck it up and drop everything.

But instead of keeping things simple,
People hang on to their beliefs
Claiming they know everything
When really they do not.

How do you not be a dick?
ColdTooth
:dab:
levesterz
to be fair there is multiple type of stupidity

the first type of stupid is the stupid that is well stupid as in `wow you are stupid` type of stupid not `Wow you are stupid.` type of stupid and not that `rawr snuggle ruflle !?!` yeah the third one is very unique type of stupid that even describe the level of the stupid. The three type of the stupid is nothing compare to the the stupid that one will encountered once in a....

*begin to read op post* okay scratch that .. just ignore that all strike out word. like ignore it like a plague or something .

how to not be a dick uhh .... well http://semi-rad.com/2016/06/9-easy-ways ... be-a-dick/ ???? this might help????
Achromalia
What you're stating isn't simply awareness, but also acting on that awareness.

For example, I'm a living example of a faulty human being who's aware of their flaws, yet does almost nothing about them. Whether they "chose" to "remain stupid" or "remain ignorant" is a judgment you may make, if you want, but to them, they simply made their decision for a specific reasoning they may think of as "justified".

It's dependent on what's objective and subjective, truth and opinion. Anyone can claim and ascertain a truth, but until universally proven, its a theory, or an opinion.

Back to how I'm such an example. I'm lazy, for one thing. It could be due to a lack of energy from apathy, or a drained motive to do things from outside interaction, a motive to rebel, or a desire to live comfortably. Whichever it is, I dont really do much about it.

One reasoning/perceived justification could be: Putting in effort you dont really have will take a toll on your body.

I'm also a fairly passive person. I tend to let things happen, instead of constantly enforcing strong statements or claims, or resisting, or basically just not reacting to anything in general.

It can be pretty inconvenient when someone's held hostage, since an officer most usually wouldnt back down and let everything happen by giving up or giving in.

But these things tend to be situational, not universal traits. So this tendency may not occur in a specific situation.

To be aware of that flaw, is different from acting on it, and to act on it all the time, is different from acting on it only when certain conditions are met.

Hmmm...

Another thing: If someone tells you to stop doing something, what people do can also depend on how serious, important, or superficial someone may think someething is. They may not stop for a perfectly fine reason. In this case, I assume you may just need to specify a bit more. What action are you dropping?

I rarely remember anyone claiming that they know everything.

and how do you not be a dick? Try not to initiate or react to anything, to avoid getting into unnecessary situations, respond if necessary so you dont come off as "cold" or "mean" for ignoring them, be generally friendly, dont be overconfident, try not to assert too much...

the list goes on, but in the sense that you dont in any way, shape, or form, become a dick by any singular aspect? That might be a bit difficult.

edit: woops I took this as a universal/general thing, forgot it was partially attached to the topic of these forums, anyways ill be going
Topic Starter
DJ Enetro

Xuequinox wrote:

Try not to initiate or react to anything
Well.
I can see the point you’re trying to make, but wouldn’t you say “not to initiate or react to anything childish”?
Tae
holy shit the attention seeking never stops
igorsprite

Hwa Yang wrote:

holy shit the attention seeking never stops
:thinkeyes:
abraker

ColdTooth wrote:

:dab:
Zekks
you, out of all people are in no place to be calling out stupidity, since you wear it everyday like it's something important
Topic Starter
DJ Enetro
And likewise, you are in no place to label me as “stupid” or “smart” because peoples’ personalities irl and online are often different.
fat pear
ur all stupid and dicks
Topic Starter
DJ Enetro

microism wrote:

ur all stupid and dicks
I’d have to agree there.
DaddyCoolVipper

DJ Enetro wrote:

And likewise, you are in no place to label me as “stupid” or “smart” because peoples’ personalities irl and online are often different.
I disagree, I'd say they reflect people's true selves fairly well
Topic Starter
DJ Enetro
How so?
DaddyCoolVipper
Because everyone does things for a reason, right? If someone's shitposting online constantly, that certainly says something about what's going through their head/their personality in general
abraker

DJ Enetro wrote:

Depends on the perspective
Achromalia

DJ Enetro wrote:

Xuequinox wrote:

Try not to initiate or react to anything
Well.
I can see the point you’re trying to make, but wouldn’t you say “not to initiate or react to anything childish”?
Well, I left it like that as a generalization because you can really fuck yourself over by responding to someone who may have a stronger argument than you, for example. It would suck, you know? It doesnt have to respond to anything childish to be stupid. To initiate something childish, can fit, but there are more things that cause this than just immaturity. An obvious one is "asserting something is true when it isnt". It may or may not be childish, but it's certainly something to avoid if youre going to be taken seriously.
Railey2

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Because everyone does things for a reason, right? If someone's shitposting online constantly, that certainly says something about what's going through their head/their personality in general
how so?
It could say anything from "I enjoy the non-serious and non-committal nature of posting random crap" over "I enjoy being disruptive" to "I am very bored and this is just the easiest way to kill some minutes". Or "I am insecure and this is my way of getting recognition".

Maybe multiple of these apply, or others that I haven't listed. What can you tell from someone shitposting? Not much, imo. There are just too many potential motives that are hard to separate. I am sure abraker has different reasons than enetro, for example. What exactly are these reasons? Who knows. Making the leap from there to their personality, is even harder.
E m i

Railey2 wrote:

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

how so?
It could say anything from "I enjoy the non-serious and non-committal nature of posting random crap" over "I enjoy being disruptive" to "I am very bored and this is just the easiest way to kill some minutes". Or "I am insecure and this is my way of getting recognition".

Maybe multiple of these apply, or others that I haven't listed. What can you tell from someone shitposting? Not much, imo. There are just too many potential motives that are hard to separate. I am sure abraker has different reasons than enetro, for example. What exactly are these reasons? Who knows. Making the leap from there to their personality, is even harder.
this, it doesn't directly mirror and represent your personality, only allows you to make some limited conclusions as they definitely did have a reason to do [whatever] but that's obvious.
DaddyCoolVipper

Railey2 wrote:

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

how so?

I don't think we have a common definition of the word personality. I'm not saying it's something that's particularly meaningful- all of your motivations are a demonstration of your personality from my definition, for example..

Abraker and Enetro clearly have different motivations, I'm speaking more to Enetro here because I think his words are fairly honest/revealing in nature. Or maybe he's just "staying in-character" across all of his different conversations, including private ones, with many different people, but then that just shows that he's someone who'd be willing to do that in the first place.
Topic Starter
DJ Enetro
If we google “personality”, we find that it means
the combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual's distinctive character.
What do you all think a personality is?
MBomb
how you act online isn't a direct mirror of how you act irl, but it's not like people don't act how they want to online

like if someone's nice irl because they're scared of consequences but they're a dick online, they're still a dick because that's how they want to act, there's just more reason for them not to irl
Meah
I am actually an alien IRL
abraker

Meah wrote:

I am actually an alien IRL
ooo pls do ama
Seph

MBomb wrote:

how you act online isn't a direct mirror of how you act irl, but it's not like people don't act how they want to online

like if someone's nice irl because they're scared of consequences but they're a dick online, they're still a dick because that's how they want to act, there's just more reason for them not to irl
this

one can also say this is the personality they want to show irl, but cant. for example, you know, the dreaded house vs school personality.

also personas