forum

New to tablet from mouse need some advice

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
User Profile
Hi all.

I have been playing osu for couple of months and decided to buy a tablet. But im struggling so bad with it. Feels like i just started the game from scratch. Cant even play 3* maps :'(

Since i have been playing with mouse with sens 1.5 i havent really move my arm/wrist that much when aiming, but with tablet i have to work with the wrist much more, is this normal?

I've been playing around with tablet area but i cant seem to find a proper one for me. Either its to slow or to fast need some tips for beginners guide to tablet :D
Railey2
What you're experiencing is normal and happens to basically everyone after making the switch. Tablet and mouse require very different movements, so the muscle memory that you built while playing with mouse is now of very little use to you. This is why playing with tablet feels so unnatural to you, similar to how it felt when you started playing on your very first day.

In the beginning it is very important that you retrain your muscle memory. Do not mess with your tablet area, because that would make it harder for your muscle memory to adapt. Stick with one setting, and just play. You'll start feeling comfortable, and eventually you'll be better than you were with mouse.

The process might take anything from a week to a month, but it'll be worth it.
Topic Starter
User Profile

Railey2 wrote:

What you're experiencing is normal and happens to basically everyone after making the switch. Tablet and mouse require very different movements, so the muscle memory that you built while playing with mouse is now of very little use to you. This is why playing with tablet feels so unnatural to you, similar to how it felt when you started playing on your very first day.

In the beginning it is very important that you retrain your muscle memory. Do not mess with your tablet area, because that would make it harder for your muscle memory to adapt. Stick with one setting, and just play. You'll start feeling comfortable, and eventually you'll be better than you were with mouse.

The process might take anything from a week to a month, but it'll be worth it.
Alright, i'll try to find a area that fits me and just practice with it. Thanks for the answer! :D