forum

[Archived] osu! is extremely laggy and can't run with nvidia

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rukaru
Problem Details:
the game runs laggy on my laptop without charging, latency is about 30 ms. then I try to play with my laptop charged/plugged in and I got around 4~7 ms. it's still using integrated graphic. then I try to use nvidia to run the game and the game won't open with this warning window below. how to fix this?

I run osu on ASUS FX553VD details here
I think it's a decent laptop and I think it can run osu on 0.6~1.8 ms latency. using Windows 10.

I tried to set power mode to best performance, updating my driver, tweaking power option, resizing the virtual memory and nothing works. please help.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Death
To fix the error message you are getting, update your Intel graphics drivers to any version past 15.46. Intel released a fix for this specific issue a while ago. I would recommended getting your drivers directly from Intel's website. If your computer manufacturer provides it's own updates, you can downloading those, however there is a small chance it won't fix this issue.

As for your power issue, there may still be some setting you missed specifically for when your laptop is unplugged.
Topic Starter
Rukaru
I update the driver through windows update because the driver I downloaded from Intel website didn't work and the issue still persists.
Death
Windows does not always do a good job with driver updates.

I found the download page for your drivers on ASUS's website which is located here: https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-FX553VD/HelpDesk_Download/
Select your OS, click "Show all" under VGA, and select the most recent Intel driver.

If you are still having the same issue, let us know which error you are getting when you download the drivers from Intel's website.
Topic Starter
Rukaru
update - I reinstall nvidia driver with the default one (from factory cd driver) and it works now. still can't reach below 1 ms latency but at least I can play. I'll try to update from the asus web next time. thanks for your help.