forum

Improving (need basic tips)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OParadise
Hey people, so i've been developing well but at some maps i get hard stuck when i should FC them well, you think is better to grind the same map over and over untill FC or play other maps and come back later to it ?
Have some trouble with basic streaming if you guys have some tips or maps to train that would be great.
I'm bellow 4 star maps for now, so nothing to hard.
Endaris
At your level I would recommend playing other maps and coming back later.
Improvement is still very quick where you are so you will be able to see significant improvement upon coming back later.
It still makes sense to sit down and try to nail a FC on a map that you have set your eyes on, provided you really have the impression you can get a FC (meaning you're able to get an A-rank with not too many combobreaks).
Topic Starter
OParadise
My bad so i didn't mean FC, meant to Perfect the map, for example River Flowns in You (Love Note) is one of my favourite maps for now can easly clear it and should be able to Perfect it but for some reason i lose my combo on some random thing. That's just one example, i like to Perfect the maps to make sure i'm improving and for self fullfilment ehe
Beard
Keep playing until you get upset and quit... If you can try and do other maps, maybe when you come back to that same map that you're trying to SS it'll be a lot easier :)
worst fl player
play more
Endaris

OParadise wrote:

My bad so i didn't mean FC, meant to Perfect the map, for example River Flowns in You (Love Note) is one of my favourite maps for now can easly clear it and should be able to Perfect it but for some reason i lose my combo on some random thing. That's just one example, i like to Perfect the maps to make sure i'm improving and for self fullfilment ehe
It does make sense to a certain degree but you should watch out for 2 things:
1. Don't retry when you're trying to "perfect" a map like that. You're playing for practice purposes so retrying does not make sense at all.
2. Keep it at 10 or less playthroughs in a row per day, at some point you will stop getting returns on playing a map more on the same day.
ManuelOsuPlayer
What you do right now dosn't matter a lot. If you want to tryhard, play from 1* to 3'99* Trying to get 99% at everysingle one to don't build bad muscle memory at hardest stuff. If you can't 99% one map, step back to easy stuff for a while.
Other choice is do the fuck you want. Play music and maps you enjoy = play more time. Play more time + enjoy game = pay attention = get better.
Topic Starter
OParadise
Thanks for the replies, about replaying the same music over and over is that liking a music i can play it way too much like i did on my older account and i ended up not evolving, i have fun easly and liking it i can do hundreds of plays.

I'll try max 5 plays in a row and change maps to see how it develops.

Does the 99% actually matter at my skill level ? Usually i'm happy with Perfect S scores, never tried to grind for 99%.

Once again, thank you all
ManuelOsuPlayer
Sometimes 99% it's bad acc.
To me acc it's everything. All skills follow acc.
KupcaH
Play a lot of different maps. Although, I've retried quite a lot in beginning. And even so, I've improved pretty fast.
So do what you feel more enjoyable. Retrying one map over and over, or playing a lot of different maps and then coming back to maps you've played before and see how much you improved.

Also:
Read our beloved Inferno Coppu guide