forum

My lack of consistency is starting to get ridiculous

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Trobador
I know this kind of post is bound to get the usual "play more" response, but I can't see any improvement and calling for help feels like my only option.

It's been about 7 months since I started playing this game. I play often. Probably a bit less than the average player, I will admit. I quickly went from playing 2* to 4* in about a month of play. I am still terribly, TERRIBLY inconsistent, much more than anyone else I've seen around my playtime. I never managed to pass a 5* or FC a 4*, and I only have 2 3* FCs. I rarely get combos above 200, and I'm lucky to ever get acc above 95%.

I know this is a common complaint, but this happens on every fucking map, in every fucking diff. Even when I try to grind 3* to improve my acc, random misses just keep on popping up and I can never manage to reduce them at all.

The "play more" responses are getting on my nerves, because all the blocks I've had so far were NOT resolved by just grinding the game. Every time, I only managed to get past the problems I've been faced with by changing my mindset, and I'm confident this is the same for every player who considers themselves decent.

Please, I'd take any tips I can get. Just a month ago, some guy on Doomsday's stream said in chat he was happy to have passed his first 5* in just 2 months. Meanwhile, I'm stuck with the same damn diffs. It's getting demoralizing.
pandaBee
78 hours in 7 months or about 11 hrs a month. Thats barely over 2 hours a week or roughly 20m a day.
dung eater
Try to play better when you play. If you grind without trying, it's not very effective. You know you suck at a lot of things. Focus on one or more the map lets you practice.

Long maps without pauses/breaks, alternating/streaming lower bpm, aiming in the middle/tiny circles might be fun to try.

There are no random misses, they are all caused by you being bad at this game. It's normal to not be able to do things at your limits or above them reliably. The low star maps can also be at or above your limits in a way that doesn't raise their star rating. If you miss because of lag or some other reason (bird shitting on you, someone distracting you, slippery grip or anything really), fix the problem or learn to live with it.

Getting better at this game takes a lot of time you could use for much beter things.
Kishuya
I have Play 173 hours of playtime and I'm still trying to get more consistent at 5.5-6*s, If you want to get more consistent play more maps that are over 5+ mins long, Longer maps increase consistency but make sure to take some breaks as you don't want RSI ;); The only advice people can give to you is to Play More.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Share a replay. 99% of misses are not random.
Don't feel confortable at the map speed isn't = random miss.
Kondou-Shinichi
play more.... really.
or practice if you want to call it like that.
perhaps you suck at certain aspect of maps so that it makes you think you're inconsistent?

given enough time, consistency comes.thats how i got it anyway

maybe try playing some longer maps
KupcaH

jaaakb wrote:

Try to play better when you play. If you grind without trying, it's not very effective. You know you suck at a lot of things. Focus on one or more the map lets you practice.

Long maps without pauses/breaks, alternating/streaming lower bpm, aiming in the middle/tiny circles might be fun to try.

There are no random misses, they are all caused by you being bad at this game. It's normal to not be able to do things at your limits or above them reliably. The low star maps can also be at or above your limits in a way that doesn't raise their star rating. If you miss because of lag or some other reason (bird shitting on you, someone distracting you, slippery grip or anything really), fix the problem or learn to live with it.

Getting better at this game takes a lot of time you could use for much better things.
This guy knows