forum

Nerves = choke

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vipen
This may be a dumb question but I think that everybody knows it. You are playing osu! when suddenly you're holding your combo for so long and you're like 100 notes away and that's the moment when you begin nervous and your hand is shaking af. And there you go, 1x miss and rip FC and mad af. =D Any good advices to fix or train my nerves? Or is it normally or just my personal problem?
pandaBee
Stop caring
Flanster

pandaBee wrote:

Stop caring

That made me stop playing.
pandaBee

Flanster wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

Stop caring
That made me stop playing.
Youre here forever. Always remember.
ManuelOsuPlayer
I never shake. I stop reading or tunnel vision at the end until i miss 1 circle.
I have more 1 miss plays than anything xD
KupcaH

pandaBee wrote:

Stop caring
This guy knows

Although, I get way too nervous myself and cannot fc anything. Carin' too much about shiny peppy points.
Endaris
Make FCing a rule.
There are players like CXu that have a policy to FC everything. As you get into that situation more and more often you'll be able to deal with it more efficiently and control your nervosity, breathing and heart rate better.
pandaBee
I see top players choke all the time though so i dont think the nervousness is avoidable when it comes to top ranks and such or maps that you feel a personal investment in unless you truly stopped caring at which point youd pull a flanster.
Barusamikosu

pandaBee wrote:

maps that you feel a personal investment in
Those are the ones that get to me the most

Almost everyone will get nervous in some way but I try to focus more on not letting the luck/effort that got me nearly to the end of the map go to waste and usually that helps for me
ad libitum
I have the same problem too... I never seem to manage to get through the last 10% of the song I want to FC, and a lot of my best ranked plays have shitmisses, so in the end I just can't resist to farm ._.