forum

HD streams help.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Rabbit-
Ok so I'm new to this, so I'm sorry if there is anything wrong with this post (Like a needed tag or in the wrong section etc)

But to the post itself;

I want to practice HD streams. I want to become an HD main as I think it looks cooler and is easier on the eyes when actually playing.

Playing nothing but HD lately I'm pretty comptfortable at hitting pretty much anything except for long continuous streams. I can usually do 5 stars and pass them and maybe one stream will be the cause of my death and with nomod I can actually pass them and beat the level. With HD I can't. And while I would keep trying to hit said stream until I succeed (What I tried doing a few minutes ago). The problem is, I have no idea what response is working and what isn't. And it's hard to get a feel for the problem unless it's painfully obvious. Like me being on top of the circles before they even appear or being way too far behind them and I hit nothing at all.

With nomod you can always look at where the approach circle is and where you died, thus you can tell if your cursor is too far ahead or too far behind the stream. But with HD, all you can really do is come up with an estimate on where you're suppose to be but just due to the nature of hidden (Like hit lighting is a big thing for hidden players and most of the time they have it off). And just the fact you're in the moment it's hard to do those things. And even if I was to play relax stream maps with hidden then there's not a lot of feed back and I feel the problem is that I'm still mostly guessing where my cursor is and I still wouldn't be sure if I'm right or not.

Sorry for the huge rant but how do people find that sweet spot for hidden? It's so hard to do if I can't tell what I'm doing is right or wrong or if I'm close or not :/.
My Angel Jeremy
Try to focus more on the rhythm of the music while streaming
Endaris
Add Hard Rock and Half Time to a streamy map you want to play with HD.
Potentially get animated 300s with a quick fadeout time so you can see better where you hit the circle to track the accuracy of the movement.
Topic Starter
-Rabbit-

My Angel Jeremy wrote:

Try to focus more on the rhythm of the music while streaming
Sadly it doesn't have to do with my tapping just where my cursor should be placed. Like the beginning I do fine but once it reaches like the 3rd second of the stream idk where to put my cursor and I get nothing but X's until I die.

Endaris wrote:

Add Hard Rock and Half Time to a streamy map you want to play with HD.
Potentially get animated 300s with a quick fadeout time so you can see better where you hit the circle to track the accuracy of the movement.
Hm.... I might try that. Thank you so much :D. AR10 shouldn't be too hard to read in HD am I rite? At least not as hard as say AR8 with no experience :p. Hehe. Good idea!
Topic Starter
-Rabbit-
Sorry for the second post but woah dude. I hit the stream I was talking about first try. Now just to implement that with lower AR's.
Sandy Hoey
You can edit your previous post
Kondou-Shinichi
yeah this is what also happens to me while playing HD

so just dont play it, like me lol
ManuelOsuPlayer
Akanagi
That's just the general issue with HD.
Once you "fall out" of a stream or a very intensive and long single-tap section it's next to impossible to recover, atleast without getting a bunch of 100s or 50s in the process, or just dying like you do.

If you fail at HD streams in general, that's just a thing that goes away over time, even though one friend of mine who plays HD-only says he practiced streams by playing streams with RX to get a feel for it without having to worry about tapping.

Just see if it works for you, for me it just came naturally the more I played HD. Playing lower AR streams also helps with building confidence on streaming and general 1/4 stuff on HD, but that might just have been a typical beginner error for me, too. (Started to play HD early on. Playing both nomod and HD, though)
Topic Starter
-Rabbit-

Sandy Hoey wrote:

You can edit your previous post
Will be noted. Thanks :D.

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

yeah this is what also happens to me while playing HD

so just dont play it, like me lol
I believe in getting better at it personally. But overall I enjoy playing it so I don't think it's too much of a trouble. Was just curious if there was a certain method to making it easier and kinda helping me a bit. (Kinda like watching a video or gameplay of yourself and looking for mistakes.)

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nos1t5mw78dao94/HD%20Performance.osk?dl=0
Look circle rings and stars.
I like the skin and prolly will be the one I use for now on so thanks on that. But is it suppose to help me with HD?

Rayne wrote:

That's just the general issue with HD.
Once you "fall out" of a stream or a very intensive and long single-tap section it's next to impossible to recover, atleast without getting a bunch of 100s or 50s in the process, or just dying like you do.

If you fail at HD streams in general, that's just a thing that goes away over time, even though one friend of mine who plays HD-only says he practiced streams by playing streams with RX to get a feel for it without having to worry about tapping.

Just see if it works for you, for me it just came naturally the more I played HD. Playing lower AR streams also helps with building confidence on streaming and general 1/4 stuff on HD, but that might just have been a typical beginner error for me, too. (Started to play HD early on. Playing both nomod and HD, though)
Yeah I thought of it as an overall issue. Like for example, there would still be some streams that I can't read in cursor placements if I go beyond my level ya know. So with that being said I don't think I'm bad at streaming per se (In a sense of comparing nomod vs HD). I just think it's because my nomod streams are better than hidden by a bit. Basically a life or death situation. But not too much to a point it's like I can't do HD at all. Like smaller lower BPM streams I can read cursor placement. It's just as easy either be nomod or hidden. But streams I struggle with nomod I have no idea at all with hidden.