forum

Fingers feel heavy and tired

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Disappear
So a few weeks ago, i was playing like a god, my skill improved especially streaming and i was really happy about it. however just a few days ago, i started to realize that my tapping fingers couldnt handle 180-200BPM maps consistently anymore like it was a drastic change. My fingers feel locked up, stiff, tired, and heavy and i cant do anything to fix it. My left arm feels numb sometimes as well while playing and even i start to get really tired. I realized this for not playing a day because i had other stuff to do and now its just bad. My aim and my tapping just dropped all of the sudden? And me asking this question when being in 5k in rankings means im very concerned about this and i worry if this will last a long time. Is this just a mental block and should i stop playing for awhile? or do i just play more? Honestly, knowing that i lost a lot of skill doesnt make me motivated to play anymore for awhile so if that is the solution its going to be a hard one lol. I just hate that i worked so hard in imporving and finally seeing it and not playing for one day just to realize its all gone down the drain :/

I'm open to anything really! Reasons why this is happening, mental block, or maybe even some health issues because my left arm feeling numb and tired is worrying me a bit. Thanks

Sorry my english is bad :D
dung eater
Try slower almost no stamina requiring maps or break. If you feel tired a nap or more sleep could fix it. Need breaks for muscles to repair or all your practice is down the drain. If numbness doesn't go away seek help.
Wishes
Numbness and loss of finger strength could be symptoms of RSI (not saying it has to be, just a possibility). If it persists take a break from the game and see if it improves. If not see a doctor.
E m i
maybe you're ultra anemic like me. for me that has manifested itself in barely having less strength, but feeling like I don't have the MENTAL strength to make movements, lift my arms, etc because everything feels heavy, I feel slow, etc. tired from NOTHING, numb and cold in feet and hands, even standing up is too hard.

Well sounds like it can't affect something that requires as little strength as clicking keys, but it did for me and being less anemic helped me have less trouble with that.

And no it couldn't be from playing the game or something like that because I literally didn't at that time.

yes, just maybe. I'm just saying because it was hard to me to figure out what was the problem at the time but it was anemia.
pandaBee
i cry every time
Topic Starter
Disappear

Wishes wrote:

Numbness and loss of finger strength could be symptoms of RSI (not saying it has to be, just a possibility). If it persists take a break from the game and see if it improves. If not see a doctor.
Yeah I'm hoping that it isnt RSI, so i may take a break. My fingers just feel so heavy to even type this out so i think taking a rbeak would be nice...

jaaakb wrote:

Try slower almost no stamina requiring maps or break. If you feel tired a nap or more sleep could fix it. Need breaks for muscles to repair or all your practice is down the drain. If numbness doesn't go away seek help.
Yeah I have to wake up really early every morning for school and this week has been a stressful one. I think overall i will take a break from this game and come back when my fingers are well rested

Also, i did have surgery on my hand because there was a weird bump inside it which ended up being an infection so they had to take it out. However this was in October. There is an area that is numb ever since the surgery and i was wondering if that has to do with anything. My hand is healed just the scar needs to be healed and what not.
Ninonuko

Momiji wrote:

maybe you're ultra anemic like me. for me that has manifested itself in barely having less strength, but feeling like I don't have the MENTAL strength to make movements, lift my arms, etc because everything feels heavy, I feel slow, etc. tired from NOTHING, numb and cold in feet and hands, even standing up is too hard.

Well sounds like it can't affect something that requires as little strength as clicking keys, but it did for me and being less anemic helped me have less trouble with that.

And no it couldn't be from playing the game or something like that because I literally didn't at that time.

yes, just maybe. I'm just saying because it was hard to me to figure out what was the problem at the time but it was anemia.
Well I have anemia and hypotension according to my medical test result, at least I have collapsed twice from trying to standing up from my chair.
Never thought it really could affect something like tapping speed, I can't even try dt midnight siege atm let alone fix that score lol, I can't tap that fast since a year ago.
Sometimes I can't even stream on whatever bpm because I feel like my fingers are really powerless and my reading feels really dull no matter how much I play, at that time I feel my entire body is weak af. I've always thought I was just lacking motivation to play rather than me being anemic and me can't tap fast enough is because of improper reading, welp I could be wrong.
Topic Starter
Disappear
well i just played today for a little bit, and it seems that my stream and tapping skills are completely gone. And my fingers cant go that fast anymore (not even 160 bpm) and my left arm has been having a numb/hurting feeling. Probably will have to call it quits from this game for good. :/ oh well, if my fingers suddenly just lost all of its speed and stamina and my arm feeling numb and it hurts, probably a good idea.
pandaBee
I had the same issue as you (without the numbing feeling and there was no pain) and now my left middle/index fingers are busted for the past two and a half years and still are to this day. Is clicking circles worth your fingers?
You could also do what I did and switch to tapX. With tapX you can stream without alternating, you only need to single tap with both hands.
Topic Starter
Disappear
I could do tap X but i don't think I have enough motivation to do that. I don't like getting used to a new playstyle because I would have to change a lot of things and it would take a long time to get as good as i used to with tap X. I could do that as a last resort i guess
pandaBee

Disappear wrote:

I could do tap X but i don't think I have enough motivation to do that. I don't like getting used to a new playstyle because I would have to change a lot of things and it would take a long time to get as good as i used to with tap X. I could do that as a last resort i guess
It's not as bad as you would think. It took me about 2-4 weeks to get to a comparable level and another 2-4 to surpass myself (aim took a bit longer, but I was very quickly better in terms of streaming due to the non-crippled factor). You have to keep in mind though that I was gone for a long time. You would probably readjust a lot faster.
Topic Starter
Disappear
I guess I can try and think about that... Im just not good at singletapping since i alternate...
pandaBee

Disappear wrote:

I guess I can try and think about that... Im just not good at singletapping since i alternate...
I'm also an alternator, I alternate tapX.
Kondou-Shinichi
try: take a break
UnnamedBeast

Ninonuko wrote:

Momiji wrote:

Well I have anemia and hypotension according to my medical test result, at least I have collapsed twice from trying to standing up from my chair.
Never thought it really could affect something like tapping speed, I can't even try dt midnight siege atm let alone fix that score lol, I can't tap that fast since a year ago.
Sometimes I can't even stream on whatever bpm because I feel like my fingers are really powerless and my reading feels really dull no matter how much I play, at that time I feel my entire body is weak af. I've always thought I was just lacking motivation to play rather than me being anemic and me can't tap fast enough is because of improper reading, welp I could be wrong.
You should probably start eating iron bars
Rikuhachima Aru

Disappear wrote:

So a few weeks ago, i was playing like a god, my skill improved especially streaming and i was really happy about it. however just a few days ago, i started to realize that my tapping fingers couldnt handle 180-200BPM maps consistently anymore like it was a drastic change. My fingers feel locked up, stiff, tired, and heavy and i cant do anything to fix it. My left arm feels numb sometimes as well while playing and even i start to get really tired. I realized this for not playing a day because i had other stuff to do and now its just bad. My aim and my tapping just dropped all of the sudden? And me asking this question when being in 5k in rankings means im very concerned about this and i worry if this will last a long time. Is this just a mental block and should i stop playing for awhile? or do i just play more? Honestly, knowing that i lost a lot of skill doesnt make me motivated to play anymore for awhile so if that is the solution its going to be a hard one lol. I just hate that i worked so hard in imporving and finally seeing it and not playing for one day just to realize its all gone down the drain :/

I'm open to anything really! Reasons why this is happening, mental block, or maybe even some health issues because my left arm feeling numb and tired is worrying me a bit. Thanks

Sorry my english is bad :D

hey, you're currently offline as i'm typing this but, How's your hand after 2 years? Can you still stream? If yes, what did you do?
Topic Starter
Disappear
So, i did find a way to be able to stream pretty well.
-I decided to get a few maps that have quite a lot of streams and put the into a collection.
-after that I played all of them starting from the lowest BPM map and play that map until im able to stream it without problem.
-Next I would just go up a few BPM's higher (e.g 170bpm to 175bpm) and try and stream that.
-I would continue to do that until i reach the bpm where i just cant stream it.
-I did this for about a month and i was able to stream 200bpm normally.

granted, i still can't stream like a god of course. I still struggle a bit, but i am more confident in my streaming skills now and i have seen much more improvement. I even fc'd Caliburn the other day and that had some hefty streams in it.

So i guess im just answering my own question, if you are trying to get better at streams, make a collection and play the lower bpm stream maps first to set your ground. (make sure you can actually stream that map as well). Then just slowly make your way up to higher bpms once you feel comfortable. Do this everyday for about a month and boom your streaming will improve ten fold.
GrandHomme360
I had the exact problem but I hope it isnt a type of flexingillness also are you okay? Hows your hand now?
jericoluislua

Disappear wrote:

So, i did find a way to be able to stream pretty well.
-I decided to get a few maps that have quite a lot of streams and put the into a collection.
-after that I played all of them starting from the lowest BPM map and play that map until im able to stream it without problem.
-Next I would just go up a few BPM's higher (e.g 170bpm to 175bpm) and try and stream that.
-I would continue to do that until i reach the bpm where i just cant stream it.
-I did this for about a month and i was able to stream 200bpm normally.

granted, i still can't stream like a god of course. I still struggle a bit, but i am more confident in my streaming skills now and i have seen much more improvement. I even fc'd Caliburn the other day and that had some hefty streams in it.

So i guess im just answering my own question, if you are trying to get better at streams, make a collection and play the lower bpm stream maps first to set your ground. (make sure you can actually stream that map as well). Then just slowly make your way up to higher bpms once you feel comfortable. Do this everyday for about a month and boom your streaming will improve ten fold.
Hey there I also feel very fatigued when doing streams would it bother you if I were to ask what your collection was? Or if there is any good stream collection online going from real slow to real fast maps? That'd be nice and I'd be thankful!!
Mio Naganohara
be like me
-make alts
-get banned for a month
-pull a whitecat and start farming offline while banned
/j /j /j
Stomiks
sus
ItzDemo
Might be keyboard, i use to use a k70 rapid-fire (I think that's the name) and had no problem; downgraded back to my razer keyboard and my fingers fatigue FAST
lunchZA

jericoluislua wrote:

snip
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H4tUrLzzEU this video description, it has the links to the map sets sorted by folder; you can also optionally download the collection files if you use collection manager