forum

[resolved] beatmaps constantly reprocessing and collections incomplete

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LastExceed
Problem Details:
Recently got my hands on an SSD and installed a new copy of the same os that is currently on my HDD on it. osu! is still on the HDD, I haven't touched it since. now when I try to play osu! it looks fine at first and I get into song selection (which at this point is still 100% complete) but as soon as I select a map the game starts a reprocess, and when its done it starts another one, and so on... its essentially an endless loop of reprocesses. I googled it and found an older thread where moving the osu!.db out of the folder (to make the game generate a new one) solved the problem, so I gave it a try as well and indeed I was now able to use osu! normally, except that my collections are incomplete. about 1/3 of my maps is missing. The main menu still shows that i have 16820 beatmaps (which is the exact same number shown with the bugged osu!.db) but the numbers of maps in my collections are significantly smaller. I searched around and it seems that it doesn't show my newer maps, neither in my collections nor in the unfiltered list of ALL maps. I switched back to the bugged osu!.db and there it shows all maps just fine, but I can't use it to play because selecting a beatmap causes the endless loop of reprocesses. I switched to the new osu!.db once more but still 1/3 of my maps are missing, even though it says that it found all maps in the main menu. I did a reprocess on the new osu!.db but that didn't change anything. Any idea how to fix this?

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)

EDIT: if needed I can make a video
Topic Starter
LastExceed
SOLVED: I removed osu!.db once more and let the game generate yet another one, then no collections were present at all, then I restarted the game and now everything is fine.

Leaving this up in case someone else comes across this.