forum

“Do you kno the wae”

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ashton
Every single YouTube video I go on has someone saying “do you kno da wae” in the comments section. It’s scary how popular is getting and am surprised no thread has been made about it already (I may just be blind).. I was watching some good old draw with jazzer at the top comment is “do you kno da wae” and oh lord Jesus is it getting annoying.
Achromalia
fuck ive seen that pretty often too, and a large portion of the youtubers I watch have covered it either as a meme, a video on VRchat, or something.

not really sure what to think of it though. i usually just dont mind, but i suppose it could get pretty annoying

( Also, Draw with Jazza is :quality content: )
fat pear
its just another meme. it will probably die out in like 4 months
Shohei Ohtani
YES!!! this MEME is EPIC!!! Grr oh YEAH!!! who is that!!!

shuffle SHUFFYL SHUFFLE HOLY MOLY IS THAT KNUCKES!!!

OH HEY KNUCKLES!!! WANNA PLAY?

HAHAHahhahaAHHAH DOES HE KNOW THE WAY!!!!

I DON'T KNOW!!!
Softwarm
Well, most memes are contentless to begin with. The point isn't to have high-quality comedy, rather it's to have something that's virally spread. While "high-quality comedy" and "exponentially fast spreading" aren't mutually exclusive, they certainly aren't correlated, much less caused, by one another.
DJ Enetro
More often than not, they are clickbait, are they not?
So far, most things I have seen described as "memes" are pictures, animated gifs, and short videos.
The captions that come with them are also often short. Besides, they are like jokes; they are funny at first but get old over time so you have to continuously make up new ones.
Beard
I don't really find that meme as funny as some other people do, for me it got very overused very quickly...

I think that the 'original' do you know de wae video was funny, but the other memes taken out of context aren't as funny, and also it's a similar situation to the "PICKLE RICK" memes in the sense that only highly intelligent people understood the jokes
Zekks
k
Flanster
im better off with omae wa mou shindeiru tbh and that is already stale as shite
Razzy
Yeah, this is on "Darude - Sandstorm" levels of annoying, imo

Ghostzy25 wrote:

...and also it's a similar situation to the "PICKLE RICK" memes in the sense that only highly intelligent people understood the jokes
what
DaddyCoolVipper

Brisk Clarity wrote:

Well, most memes are contentless to begin with. The point isn't to have high-quality comedy, rather it's to have something that's virally spread. While "high-quality comedy" and "exponentially fast spreading" aren't mutually exclusive, they certainly aren't correlated, much less caused, by one another.
I disagree.

Most memes are a template that can be added to creatively. "Do you know the way" is just a reference and that's *it*- there's no originality or comedy, just a reference that gets spammed over and over.

Low IQ meme
Softwarm
I don't think that anything "made from a template" can be all that creative to begin with. Not saying that you can't go in new directions with a base concept, but from what I've seen the variations on memes are generally just as empty as the original.
uuuu
i want to de die hehe XD
keremaru
every time someone asks me if i know the way i seriously question 2018's future
abraker
people look in the yt comments?
Topic Starter
Ashton

abraker wrote:

people look in the yt comments?
Yes and depending what video your on there can be some juice drama... although the channels I watch have a pretty good communities to them and the cocomment section isn’t so bad.
ColdTooth
This is a shitty meme from a start, 0/15
Serraionga
i agree with Coldnthoh,
jungjushee

ColdTooth wrote:

This is a shitty meme from a start, 0/15
You do not no da wae, i spit on you, you devul
DaddyCoolVipper

Brisk Clarity wrote:

I don't think that anything "made from a template" can be all that creative to begin with. Not saying that you can't go in new directions with a base concept, but from what I've seen the variations on memes are generally just as empty as the original.
Some creativity is worth infinitely more than no creativity, tho
Ender Lain
.. / -.. --- -. - / -.- -. --- / -.. . / .-- . ..