forum

[D. Redu.] - Highlight

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Cyan_Cap
Hi I just jumped into osu and noticed the modding tab for newer players. I played with osu for about a week and I find that the most problematic parts for me are when I am dealing with a series of beats repeating one after another.

Being a new player I just am not fast enough to deal with those beats. The biggest problem is when there are multiple beats on the screen and I can't figure out which one I should be ready to press in the next instant.

What I would like for a QoL change is to have a mod where the next incoming beat is highlighted in some way. I would recommend something like a particle effect (for example, rays of light) coming out of the circle towards the cursor.

thx anyways for anyone that is reading this
Sandy Hoey
Could be interesting, I know I had difficulties with that.

The way that I remedied the issue (and you can give this a try if you want) is to paly hidden. I got really confused about the order of the notes, so putting on hidden made it so one notes would pop up and then it would disappear and the next one would pop up so that I could more easily order them in my head. if you have a decent enough memory, this could work for you.

Im not even sure if your idea will help with the issue in reality because when things get fast (which is where your issue is), having the next note highlight after the preceding note is clicked won't give you enough time to react. You need to be able to number the notes in your head so that you know what order they are in the second they appear on the screen
Nitrous
Interesting idea. The learning curve and problem I always see with new players (me included when I was new) is knowing which ones next to click. While there's combo numbering and follow points, you can't read it all in a short span of time (not to mention pressure).

Additional thing for thought: Set it on as default for new accounts since new players are not familiar with mods. Although it reduces score in return. Need to think it through yet.
abraker
*grabs popcorn in anticipation to seeing EZ players with pitchforks*