forum

Failure to actually improve at all >.<

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neko67
Almost 9 months in, 1615 pp with 96 acc yet I still dont have 1 play over 100pp

Almost out of every 15 maps I will do really well in 10 of them and end up choking.
Just now i played 7 maps with a 80% of the song gone by and choke.
Now the maps I would be able to HD S (without FC) give almost no pp.

Any suggestions/tips to avoid chocking all the time. Its very frustrating when you choke almost all your plays (im sure there are many people who know this too well T_T)
KupcaH
Best way to improve is to stop caring about pp.
Everyone chokes, there's no real way to "fix" it. You can try disabling interface by pressing shift+tab. (Doesn't help me though)
Also, start playing long maps. It helps with consistency. (also it's ezpz pp)

Are you choking because you're nervous? If so, are you nervous because of pp you'll get after you finish a map, or because you're getting an fc? Are you choking more easier map than you usually play too?

Play for skill and one day pp will come to you.

play more
pandaBee

KupcaH wrote:

play more
This guy knows
Shoy
PP given by a map are not the only value that can tell if yes, you improved, or no, you didn't.
So end up choking doesn't mean you didn't improved at all tho.

People are so negative when it comes to their improvement, judging it only by PP they gained...
Accuracy, maximum combo, fail or pass, being able to pass with mods when you struggled to pass it nomod the 1st time; that's some points that can tell you as well if you improved.

Here's my gift for you (gift 'cause seen how I suck in those 3 plays, it's not easy for me to share it, but it shows quite well what I said before) :
November 14th, 2017
December 16th, 2017
January 11th, 2018

Obviously, I didn't gain a single PP and I ended up choking in the last one, totally.
I felt it while playing to be honest, even if I broke my combo few times before.

Still, even if it brings me nothing, I can't say I didn't improved here.
It's the opposite, I improved a fuckin' lot. ^^'

Things are pretty much the same for you.
Find something you do better now than 2-3 months ago, instead of focus on how many PP you're winning. That's enough to say that you improved. Maybe slowly, but you improved.
And you'll keep improving, slowly again, it will be even slower after that, cause you're going to reach what's your real level atm, if you didn't reach it yet.
Skidayo
just ignore chokes and don't care about it. it's almost close to fc anyway.
you can get more pp by making 5 star choke scores 8)
ManuelOsuPlayer
This game need a lot of time to be good.
We humans are stupid to the point to need 1500H to full understand a rhythm game and prob around another 1500H after to be good doing it.
Don't expect a lot after 200H.
A graph say anything about real performance stop look to it.
You can play offline 10 years and be able to FC bigblack DT and your graph will show you lost ranks.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Skidayo wrote:

just ignore chokes and don't care about it. it's almost close to fc anyway.
you can get more pp by making 5 star choke scores 8)
Tarpey - Close Call
Near Miss
Personal Best (#16889 achieved about 21 hours ago)
Score 6,176,510 (99.68%)
Max Combo 452/731
300 / 100 / 50 521 / 1 / 0
Misses 1
Geki (Elite Beat!) 107
Katu (Beat!) 1
Mods None

Rip first 5*+ F2 SS :(
Chokes are evil :|
N0thingSpecial
Remind yourself this is a rhythm game and focus on improving your skill rather than focus on a trivial number that is loosely connected to your skill
Topic Starter
Neko67
Ya its true what all of you guys are sying

Thanks!
(Also as I posted this I just choked another play >.< The song was almost over too! T_T)
Kohaku2910
Train your stamina, maintain your concentration, try to relax

And also get a good posture and make yourself comfortable when you play

Lastly, persevere
Topic Starter
Neko67

Shaenor wrote:

PP given by a map are not the only value that can tell if yes, you improved, or no, you didn't.
So end up choking doesn't mean you didn't improved at all tho.

People are so negative when it comes to their improvement, judging it only by PP they gained...
Accuracy, maximum combo, fail or pass, being able to pass with mods when you struggled to pass it nomod the 1st time; that's some points that can tell you as well if you improved.

Here's my gift for you (gift 'cause seen how I suck in those 3 plays, it's not easy for me to share it, but it shows quite well what I said before) :
November 14th, 2017
December 16th, 2017
January 11th, 2018

Obviously, I didn't gain a single PP and I ended up choking in the last one, totally.
I felt it while playing to be honest, even if I broke my combo few times before.

Still, even if it brings me nothing, I can't say I didn't improved here.
It's the opposite, I improved a fuckin' lot. ^^'

Things are pretty much the same for you.
Find something you do better now than 2-3 months ago, instead of focus on how many PP you're winning. That's enough to say that you improved. Maybe slowly, but you improved.
And you'll keep improving, slowly again, it will be even slower after that, cause you're going to reach what's your real level atm, if you didn't reach it yet.
Tbh I tried that song a lot before but to this day I still cant get an A. I have a B on it LUL