forum

I hit a wall

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NicoDC
Been playing for atleast four months now and i feel like I've finally hit a wall where I feel like I don't improve at all no matter how much I play. I even dedicate some time to just "practicing" (like practicing jumps, streaming etc.) Any tips from you guys who've stumbled upon walls and how you overcame them?
Akanagi
Play Count: 11,305

Play Time: 180 hours

It's average progress and learning curve. I wouldn't spend too much time on training maps and instead just keep playing regular maps of all kind, though.
I was unable to stream, especially low-BPM and used to mash triples, and the way I overcame it was by just playing regular maps that featured said elements.

TL;DR is play more. As boring and half-assed as it sounds, you're not stuck. It's frustrating to not be where you want to be, but that's just how it is. Keep playing.
Endaris
You didn't hit a wall. Your progression simply slowed down from "superfast" to "normal".
If you hit a wall your ranking graph will look like this:
Kerusu
Looking at your top plays/recent plays, you seem to be playing stuff outside of your skill level (due to your accuracy/how many misses or 100's you have, etc). Now I understand if these maps are challenging and more fun for you, but I think if you want to improve, you should tone down the difficulty of the maps you're playing for now. Play easier maps where you can improve your aim, improve your streaming capabilities, improve your reading, etc.
pandaBee
Go jump off a cliff instead it's more fun

KupcaH
Break the wall with a hammer.
You can order good hammers >here<

Seriously, just continue playing.
You thought that you'll see improvement every week? It doesn't work like that.
Also, judging from your top plays, you're probably playing stuff that are very hard for you. Try focusing on long 4.5-4.9* maps and trying to fc them with high accuracy.
Skidayo
you can say you hit a wall if you didn't gain any rank in last 3 months.
Barusamikosu
Work on your accuracy and that rank graph will take another spike upwards.

155PP 87% acc how is that possible
Tachyon
go to hospital immediately