1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
posted
can stream gud and even hold some long streams, but i'm really struggling when it comes to the triples
it's like being able to run at high speeds but would trip over some small rock

i guess it's actually the fact that i'm not actually looking at the individual circles when streaming, but just feeling it.
that's why i suck at triples(?)

guys, any reply is accepted as long as you can give me a clue on how to freakin solve this

and do you guys have any map that i can practice triples with?(5* pls)
posted
posted
Be aware of finger movement.
posted
If you can stream then you can do triples.
The contrapositive of this is:
If can't do triples then you can't stream.

Since you can't do triples you can't stream therefore you are lying and over evaluating yourself.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/161526

Here's your map.
posted
pretty much every popular 4* touhou map is filled to the brim with triples, 5-bursts and streams to practice on. you don't need to bother with 5* at all yet, you don't need or want the extra spacing before you have any sense of rhythm or muscle memory for any of those.
posted
o that's 2 bad man
posted

Torgairon wrote:

pretty much every popular 4* touhou map is filled to the brim with triples, 5-bursts and streams to practice on. you don't need to bother with 5* at all yet, you don't need or want the extra spacing before you have any sense of rhythm or muscle memory for any of those.
Yuup.


Spam the touhou / demetori maps:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/74684
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/13223
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/165018
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/348903
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/58064 (and any other night of nights map)
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/25463
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/47754
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/22276 (the actual best map in dis game)
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/277279


this https://osu.ppy.sh/s/33911
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/40368
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/94506
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/283707


The ruffneck bass:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/331821

hidden gem keyboard cat: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/23754 (90% bursts and streams, for some reason only asians and Germans play this)


Honorable mention for a lot of grumd maps which seem to be designed to give you finger ebola:

See for yourself v v v
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/57525 which is pretty much burst-spam with bouncer-aids inbetween
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/90930 11min of said burst spam


That 11min grumd map would probably be the best practice for you, as you have to be able to deal with triples, doubles, quads (kms), bouncer-aids, and streams all in one. So that way you learn to do them all instead of just getting good at triples and then still not be able to play quads.




Also if you can stream then you can also play Mythologias end (https://osu.ppy.sh/s/48979) since apart from the streams it also has a lot of doubles and triples.
posted

pandaBee wrote:

If you can stream then you can do triples.
The contrapositive of this is:
If can't do triples then you can't stream.

Since you can't do triples you can't stream therefore you are lying and over evaluating yourself.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/161526

Here's your map.
can do streams... a bit
can't really think of a good analogy here but i'll try to explain
when i stream, my fingers are very close to the keyboard
and when i do triples, everything goes very awkward and my fingers are jumping all over the place like this http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/c2ed5985-25 ... 33a373.gif
i guess i'm just nervous too
posted
Thank you for the maps !
posted
I think you have to practice triple zxz that not spam your key , some old touhou map will be good
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/13223
posted

OlCat wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

If you can stream then you can do triples.
The contrapositive of this is:
If can't do triples then you can't stream.

Since you can't do triples you can't stream therefore you are lying and over evaluating yourself.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/161526

Here's your map.
can do streams... a bit
can't really think of a good analogy here but i'll try to explain
when i stream, my fingers are very close to the keyboard
and when i do triples, everything goes very awkward and my fingers are jumping all over the place like this http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/c2ed5985-25 ... 33a373.gif
i guess i'm just nervous too
I don't want to be that guy, but if you can't do triples but you can "stream", chances are you aren't streaming; you're just mashing.
posted

- e - v - b- wrote:

OlCat wrote:

can do streams... a bit
can't really think of a good analogy here but i'll try to explain
when i stream, my fingers are very close to the keyboard
and when i do triples, everything goes very awkward and my fingers are jumping all over the place like this http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/c2ed5985-25 ... 33a373.gif
i guess i'm just nervous too
I don't want to be that guy, but if you can't do triples but you can "stream", chances are you aren't streaming; you're just mashing.
i'm not mashing, i'm just better at estimating rather than doing the fixed thing
and i can see where a stream starts so i'm not just randomly clicking things yknow
just my fingers actually, i'm now thinking that why it feels so awkward doing triples is because i have yet build enough muscle memory that can breeze through a triple (rip english >_<)

i'm only playing an hour per week so...
posted

OlCat wrote:

i'm not mashing, i'm just better at estimating rather than doing the fixed thing
and i can see where a stream starts so i'm not just randomly clicking things yknow
just my fingers actually, i'm now thinking that why it feels so awkward doing triples is because i have yet build enough muscle memory that can breeze through a triple (rip english >_<)
i'm only playing an hour per week so...
I don't believe you when you say you can stream
But hey I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Your top ranks are around the 4.5* range, here are some ~4.0* stream maps. Go submit a score on these stream maps and post them here.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/124275
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/102016
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1251955
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/80914
posted

pandaBee wrote:

OlCat wrote:

i'm not mashing, i'm just better at estimating rather than doing the fixed thing
and i can see where a stream starts so i'm not just randomly clicking things yknow
just my fingers actually, i'm now thinking that why it feels so awkward doing triples is because i have yet build enough muscle memory that can breeze through a triple (rip english >_<)
i'm only playing an hour per week so...
I don't believe you when you say you can stream
But hey I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Your top ranks are around the 4.5* range, here are some ~4.0* stream maps. Go submit a score on these stream maps and post them here.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/124275
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/102016
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1251955
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/80914
He may have only muscle.memory builded at X bpm.
posted

pandaBee wrote:

If you can stream then you can do triples.
The contrapositive of this is:
If can't do triples then you can't stream.

Since you can't do triples you can't stream therefore you are lying and over evaluating yourself.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/161526

Here's your map.
Next level thinking
posted
same, but to get better at triples u play map with triples =)

well for me it manifests itself as, for example, 3 consecutive 250bpm triples being harder than a 11 note 250bpm stream. (both have same duration)
and semi relatedly bursts after singles, and situations like that (probably 260+bpm though) still being harder than something like a 15 note 270bpm stream.

if you're literally talking about single triples then something is wrong.

if your problem stems by being fucked up by something else (triple itself literally has less notes after all...) then you're simply like me, i don't play much speed maps... stamina maps only i guess.
posted

pandaBee wrote:

I don't believe you when you say you can stream
But hey I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Your top ranks are around the 4.5* range, here are some ~4.0* stream maps. Go submit a score on these stream maps and post them here.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/124275
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/102016
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1251955
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/80914
my acc and consistency is shit rn cause i'm not playing that much
i'll just show this then? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9979235
my very old play(don't have the rep cuz i refreshed my beatmaps) the play is only worth 76pp which is in my profil

all i wanna say rn is
"Damn you school!!" >:(>:(
yea i know my play is bad, that's why i'm looking for help

and thank you for the maps too!! :):)
posted
Saw this thread and realised it's a little lacking in explanation.

pandaBee wrote:

If you can stream then you can do triples.
The contrapositive of this is:
If can't do triples then you can't stream.

Since you can't do triples you can't stream therefore you are lying and over evaluating yourself.
While this is watertight logic, it's probably not the underlying issue. There is one important aspect to streaming that I recommend all people try to work on to get better at streaming, and that is to focus on "starting the stream properly." I think many people are more nervous when handling short streams which causes them to start early. Triples have a lot more starts and ends to them. Getting the initial timing correct is fundamental to anticipating the speed of the stream. Starting early is a bad habit and compounds itself on successive patterns. Conversely if you end the stream off-time, you have to adjust for your mistakes before starting the next stream at the right time. So focus on trying to time everything properly. If you get this right, you'll be able to play maps with variable BPM streams, as unpopular as they are.
posted

RaneFire wrote:

Saw this thread and realised it's a little lacking in explanation.

pandaBee wrote:

If you can stream then you can do triples.
The contrapositive of this is:
If can't do triples then you can't stream.

Since you can't do triples you can't stream therefore you are lying and over evaluating yourself.
While this is watertight logic, it's probably not the underlying issue. There is one important aspect to streaming that I recommend all people try to work on to get better at streaming, and that is to focus on "starting the stream properly." I think many people are more nervous when handling short streams which causes them to start early. Triples have a lot more starts and ends to them. Getting the initial timing correct is fundamental to anticipating the speed of the stream. Starting early is a bad habit and compounds itself on successive patterns. Conversely if you end the stream off-time, you have to adjust for your mistakes before starting the next stream at the right time. So focus on trying to time everything properly. If you get this right, you'll be able to play maps with variable BPM streams, as unpopular as they are.
oh my, i guess you've hit the nail there.
i'm gonna contemplate on the things that you've said
Thank you for the kind reply!!! :):D:oops:
posted
Where are my variable bpm stream maps? I just love them
Please sign in to reply.