forum

FL and HR hipocresy.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +104
show more
Tanomoshii Nekojou

Darkan996 wrote:

And this is why FL is kinda broken. https://osu.ppy.sh/u/FGsky 850pp with 4000 tries, its seem fair for you guys?
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Edit: I'm wrong.
Topic Starter
Darkan996

Tanomoshii Nekojou wrote:

Darkan996 wrote:

And this is why FL is kinda broken. https://osu.ppy.sh/u/FGsky 850pp with 4000 tries, its seem fair for you guys?
that's not just an FL mod topic. that's also a touchscreen play topic.
He didnt use touchscreen i think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3geGk_JMZk
worst fl player
big brain
Finis Terrae
If this just changes the multiplier of the FL mod, I'll support this. If you're talking about deleting the whole mod instead, I'm out. Since you already delete the part of "eliminate FL mod" from the post, I'll give this a vote. Nerfing FL is a good point but deleting it is a no

Oh and yeah, don't go out of your way saying FL player is an unskilled player or something. It actually the other way around. Memorizing isn't something I support nor hate but a lot of FL player is a pro player who also masters other mod such as HD, HR, and DT. Saying an FL player unskilled is an insult to this pro player. Player like Accurian, Jeby, and many more play FL a lot
abraker

DatOssas wrote:

If this just changes the multiplier of the FL mod, I'll support this. Nerfing FL is a good point...
First get a bit more experience with FL. Nerfing means decreasing multiplier because it is easy and should not be worth as much. Play FL until you can FL 4* maps and see how easy it is.

edit:

ok...

It would make sense to take the number of plays a player has on beatmap into account of pp/score calculation (this took about 4k retries to pull off), but then players would practice it offline. I get you can grind to get these ridiculous numbers, but there is a reason we don't see many of these high pp grinds. The time you spend on one map is time lost improving your skill on others. You are still loosing out here. You will reset skill wise once you go onto the next map and then reset again. It can drive someone insane retrying the same thing over 4000 times. Unless you are doing it for the lolz, memes, and record with 200+ people watching you, you are not going to waste so much time on one map. It's not practical.
FGSky

L-a-m-e-y [ B ] wrote:

big brain
Tanomoshii Nekojou

Darkan996 wrote:

He didnt use touchscreen i think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3geGk_JMZk
Really? lol the play is too good I thought it's a another touchscreen play. I apologize.

But I still think that player deserves the pp because FL is a 'very hard to master' mod.
[Peachy]
I am really impressed by darkans patience with OP
bioglomerate
FL it's by far the worst mod in the last few years at least. The thing with FL it's that you don't really need any intensive skill to FC something with FL. Don't take me wrong FL plays are amazing but when doing FL plays you are not improving in a lot of ways. I mean that, if you play a map hundreds of times, you will get the FL FC, but you will not improve in anything besides memori with that only map. If you can FC a 5* map, and then go FL an try it for 500 hundreds times and get the FC, then you can just FC a 5.70* map becouse you haven't improve for get better at the game in general, you have improve only with that map memory. With HR in the other hand, reaccently got your first 5* FC map, and then try it whit HR, it dosen't matter how many times you play, if you don't improve your read AR speed aim and other stuff, u will never FC that, but if you FC the 5*map with HR, you will probably FC a 5.76* (or so) map to, you will improve!

This was only an introduction for the actual hipocresy, i mean, get an FC with FL it's easyer im some way that get an FC with HR, and that's is demostrated in the PP. FC with HR will give you more PP that FC with FL. A guy with hundreds of tries can FC a map with FL, but if the same guy dosen't have the skill to do it with HR he will never FC the song, that's why FL plays are easier in some way, a low level player can FC FL plays but not HR FC the same play, becouse he dosen't have skill.

But why I explain all of this to you? Well easy, HR it's a 0.06 and FL a 0.12, WTF and why is this? It should be backwards, if we just established that FL it's in some way easy than HR, why HR has a lower multiplyer? The perfect exampel it's this song "https://osu.ppy.sh/s/269969" The top play is a FLHD by Ner0, amazing play, impresive, the only one who do this, but only worth 432pp, and the HRHD plays worth 507, besides that the FL play it's top 1 and the HDHR FC SS it's top 2, and this last being the hardest play of both.

But wait?!?! If FL plays are acctually easy why is not everybody pp farming them? Well, becouse they don't wan't to expend time on doing a crazy FL play jus't for a little more of PP, and 0 improve in all of your other gameplay, it's just simply don't worth the time do FL plays.

What im asking is a change of the multiplyers, DT should give arround 0.18 HR 0.12 FL 0.12 and HD 0.06 maybe FL should be 0.06? Im not sure, probablly are u asking "Why DT 0.18? Dt sucks Kappa" Well, that's becouse if you combines HRHD together will give 0.18 mult wich is the same as DT, wich is the same situacion that it's happend in acctual osu! If you combined HRHD you get 0.12 and DT it's worth 0.12.

I will make another post on how to kinda fix FL problem, I have think about it and the best option it's just delete it from the game, it's has a lot of controvensyal involved if you think heavely arround it.

I hope everyone understand my point becouse Im from Argentina, don't speak or write engilsh very well. Im wating for feedback and thanks for read.
Anemic Witch
People asking to nerf mods they don't play and buff for mods they play.
What a story, what a story.
Ekoro

Paper wrote:

L-a-m-e-y [ B ] wrote:

I'm shocked this isn't locked yet
Caput Mortuum
make FL pp heavily reliant on the song length
scrubzei
To me, the bonus on FL seems to encourage a very grind-y style of playing osu. The patience FL players have is admirable, but I don't think that kind of patience should be rewarded so highly. To me, it seems as though osu has always been about improvement and progress (and fun...duh), and FL seems to contradict this. It's a very stagnant, complacent way of getting top plays.

It's a shame because FL as a mod is a really interesting concept. I think most people are immediately put off by how obviously tedious the mod is.

Sorry if I seemed overly harsh. Ideally, I'd like FL to be reworked so it isn't so awkward to play with, but I haven't been able to come up with any possible changes. Nerfing seems like the best option for now.
abraker

Eraser wrote:

make FL pp heavily reliant on the song length
So a 1* 10 hour map gets you 900pp, ok

let me just pause. . .

scrubzei wrote:

It's a shame because FL as a mod is a really interesting concept. I think most people are immediately put off by how obviously tedious the mod is.

Sorry if I seemed overly harsh. Ideally, I'd like FL to be reworked so it isn't so awkward to play with, but I haven't been able to come up with any possible changes. Nerfing seems like the best option for now.
People don't use a mod that gives good pp to farm pp, so lets nerf it so less people use the mod because I don't play FL but it looks easy in terms of skill

Caput Mortuum
It's not like you can't take sr into account either
SynnerStar

Ekoro wrote:

L-a-m-e-y [ B ] wrote:

Vespirit
Idk about anyone else, but honestly for me, FL is exactly where it should be. If it was up to me, hr would be buffed but i can't really speak for that since I'm terrible at higher ar xd

The way I look at it, FL is fine since generally speaking, maps that I can dt, I can fl semi comfortably (and could probably get better at given a few tries). That's also coming from someone who plays pretty much every type and difficulty of map

On an unrelated note, Im interested to see how fl would change if it was dependent on average distance between objects of the map, or smth like that
worst fl player
Offcourse the arguements have been back-lashed and the maker of the thead has went into hiding, can we lock the thread now?
SynnerStar

L-a-m-e-y [ B ] wrote:

can we lock the thread now?
apparently the moderators died
xenonius

Darkan996 wrote:

honestly yes, imo it's not FL that's broken, it's pp and that map in particular. thanks monstrata

posting here 12 days after previous comment because we need to get this locked

L-a-m-e-y [ B ] wrote:

TheGuigsVamp wrote:

L-a-m-e-y [ B ] wrote:

can we lock the thread now?
apparently the moderators died
moderators come back