forum

[Archived] Input lag Intergrated vs Nvidia 965M

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ikillforpies
So I been testing out few settings around my computer tested out if osu ran better using my GPU.
The gpu I am using Nvidia 965M (laptop) and CPU is i7-4720HQ

Using the nivida control panel I osu using my gpu and ended around 3.5~4 ms during play and times it jumps and lag at times.
But the thing is using my integrated I get around 2~2.3 ms without any lag.
I am wondering whats the problem in this. As i thought i would get less input lag using my gpu comparing to my integrated.
MrMarcel5
since osu! isn't that demanding graphically i would guess its an bandwidth limitation so your integrated is faster.

it could also be that your GPU is in an energy savings mode for that you might want to open your nvidia control panel and check it under 3D-Settings > Application based settings > select osu! > energy-control mode > should be preferably max power
Topic Starter
Ikillforpies

MrMarcel5 wrote:

since osu! isn't that demanding graphically i would guess its an bandwidth limitation so your integrated is faster.

it could also be that your GPU is in an energy savings mode for that you might want to open your nvidia control panel and check it under 3D-Settings > Application based settings > select osu! > energy-control mode > should be preferably max power
my gpu is already max performance through control panel.
and maybe that might be the reason i guess?