forum

Ranked maps and hitsounds

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker
Most players I know play with sound effect off to mute the hitsounds. They help with nothing but make noise in denser charts. Why does the ranking criteria still require them?
Yyorshire
gotta accommodate the minority of players probably
Hotaru-
Currently asking the same question tbh,,

And yes sometimes its really annoying while playing Dense chart w hitsound,,

I'm looking forward for this thread
FAMoss
>.>
ArcherLove
This is already a topic from a long time ago.
The answer is still the same.

hitsounds represent osu!

Nothing more to discuss.
Topic Starter
abraker

ArcherLove wrote:

This is already a topic from a long time ago.
The answer is still the same.

hitsounds represent osu!

Nothing more to discuss.
This makes no sense. Link for context?
Rivals_7
"things get too monotonous"

"mania is a part of osu!. it doesnt make sense to make it any different from osu!"

t/148685/start=75
p/2721111
Topic Starter
abraker

Rivals_7 wrote:

"things get too monotonous"

"mania is a part of osu!. it doesnt make sense to make it any different from osu!"

t/148685/start=75
p/2721111
I have no idea whether Loctav or peppy understand how pointless hitsounds are in mania. peppy's choices are not the best from usability standpoint and he often needs a bunch of user feedback to realize it (as seen with the website redesign).

Those who think peppy's word on that is the end of it can think so. The fact that they remain required does not make them any less pointless.
Caput Mortuum
If it's about -hitnormals, then I agree it should be possible to make it as silent as possible, or atleast allowing us to use faint/silent custom hitsound. Hitnormals are annoying, especially on high difficulty maps because of the constant 1/4 notes and occasional 1/8 bursts. Not to mention that multiple notes on a tick also makes it louder.

But if it's about the additions (claps, whistles, finishes), I think people should still add it to make things more professional and polished.
Tripletth
But that would make mapping actually seem like not a complete waste of time :^)
Bobbias
Complaining here wont help. At best this thread will be ignored and fade away, at worst someone will notice it and politely tell you to all go fuck yourself, because shits not changing. It took something like 4 years of heavy lobbying from standard (which makes a lot more noise than mania) for peppy to realize that allowing players to darken the background wouldn't ruin people's ability to enjoy storyboards.

I completely agree that there should be more lenience with hitsounding in mania, but I'm not holding out any hope things will change any time soon. And this coming from a FL player who plays with effects 100% and music 80% because I actually use hitsounds for timing.
NightNarumi
Ooo I also use 80 music and 100 sound effects
It never really bothered me, I dont use it for timing most of the time tho, but I still keep them on
I like it for no particular reason