forum

Is DT really that bad?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheDark600
I recently got into dt because I feel like It's really fun and my favorite players play dt as well so is it really that bad? How can it affect me?

I've been playing more dt for like 2 weeks average and i haven't yet noticed a change in my accuracy or consistency.

What are the downsides of dt?

All replys are appreciated, even if i'm wrong
pandaBee
There's nothing wrong with DT. If there's an issue it would be with you, not the mod.
KupcaH

pandaBee wrote:

There's nothing wrong with DT. If there's an issue it would be with you, not the mod.
This guy knows

Play what you find enjoyable.
eyjafjallaaaaaa
If you play too much DT you might find it harder to read lower AR because you are used to higher ones.

Same thing applies to everything really. Some people can't read nomod because they play HD so much they are not used to the approach circle.
Topic Starter
TheDark600

pandaBee wrote:

I've been told that dt messes with your acc and is bad for youu overall, i guess not, thx
pandaBee

TheDark600 wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

I've been told that dt messes with your acc and is bad for youu overall, i guess not, thx
DT is just a difficulty increase. As long as you can handle the increase in difficulty it is fine.
Endaris
If you loophole into DT you will have significant trouble with nomod because maps after DT are almost always a lot more simplistic than nomod maps on a similar star rating.
This means that your reading won't develop if you stop playing nomod.
That being said, it is really more about not stopping to play nomod rathen than not playing DT.
N0thingSpecial
Everything is relative and nothing is ever that bad

Balance between no mod and DT is preferred
The Gambler
The adrenaline rush of nearly failing the map is very addictive, which over the long run ruins acc.
Skidayo
people who say dt is bad is players who only play farm maps
Topic Starter
TheDark600

Endaris wrote:

If you loophole into DT you will have significant trouble with nomod because maps after DT are almost always a lot more simplistic than nomod maps on a similar star rating.
This means that your reading won't develop if you stop playing nomod.
That being said, it is really more about not stopping to play nomod rathen than not playing DT.
I think i play nomod a little more than dt, usually i play dt only when i farm and sometimes i try random maps with it
-Makishima S-
DT is completely fine.
People who say that it require no skill are just autistic, don't listen to them.

As any other difficulty mod it require practice to be good at.
I Give Up
DT is good.
Frikandel
I think accuracy is one of my best traits. My overall acc may not reflect this but that's because nerves often make me choke acc.

Overall I'd say I'm DAMN good in acc and I've been a DT player for god knows how long. It really does not mess with acc.

It does destroy your reading though if you stop playing lower ar like I did.
Naven6002

TheDark600 wrote:

I recently got into dt because I feel like It's really fun and my favorite players play dt as well so is it really that bad? How can it affect me?

I've been playing more dt for like 2 weeks average and i haven't yet noticed a change in my accuracy or consistency.

What are the downsides of dt?

All replys are appreciated, even if i'm wrong
Well all I can say is you do you man, its sorta just preference. There really is no downside to DT
The Gambler
"The jack of all trades. Master of none, yet better than, master of one."

Says my lack of playcount in other gamemodes. Plz don't discriminate mods.
abraker
DT is fine in small amounts so long you dont become addicted to it. If you do, excessive amounts will eventually cause undesirable results.
[ Scarlet Red ]
Okay people tell you it messes with your acc because pp farming dt could have low accuracy yet still grant you quite a bit of ranks if you fc
E m i
nooooo, dt is better for acc farm than hr because no cs5.2 ...
Barusamikosu
Yes DT is acc farm mod

Don't let bad acc FCs from aim-focused or early-developing players throw you off. Most farmy maps come closer to a fair rating the closer a score gets to SS.
Topic Starter
TheDark600
Thanks for all the feedback and support
The Gambler

TheDark600 wrote:

Thanks for all the feedback and support