forum

[Archived] Monitor looks like 10hz at 75hz while streaming

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Toxi
I am trying to stream osu, and for the most part on the streams side everything is fine. But on my side, it looks like im getting a solid 16fps. In-game it says i have 500+, and it shows that 75/75hz is being displayes, but it still looks like garbage. I dont understand this, there isnt any added latency, just the monitor looking like poo.

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Untitled_old_1
Specs of your computer? And what streaming software are u using?
Topic Starter
Toxi

Untitled wrote:

Intel i5-4300U
16GB 1600Mhz RAM
Intel HD 4400

Using OBS, doesnt say encoder overloaded though
Untitled_old_1

Toxi wrote:

Untitled wrote:

Intel i5-4300U
16GB 1600Mhz RAM
Intel HD 4400

Using OBS, doesn't say encoder overloaded though
You don't have the specs to stream games, you got no dedicated graphics card and your CPU is pretty old to, it wont pull it's 60fps since your ''GPU'' will be
overloaded by OBS. The RAM is fine though, but I'd recommend getting any decent GPU to be able to stream with decent playback.
(You could Google some ways to do so but I used to have a Intel HD Graphics 530 and wasn't able to stream at all.)
Topic Starter
Toxi

Untitled wrote:

You don't have the specs to stream games, you got no dedicated graphics card and your CPU is pretty old to, it wont pull it's 60fps since your ''GPU'' will be
overloaded by OBS. The RAM is fine though, but I'd recommend getting any decent GPU to be able to stream with decent playback.
(You could Google some ways to do so but I used to have a Intel HD Graphics 530 and wasn't able to stream at all.)
The issue isnt with FPS, Osu says im getting 3.2ms which is roughly 400fps. The issue is it doesnt look like im getting that many FPS on my monitor. There isnt any issue with cursor latency, it just looks very choppy.

im also starting to suspect discrete graphics because compared to other people using this iGPU i feel like mine is performing above standard
abraker

Toxi wrote:

The issue isnt with FPS, Osu says im getting 3.2ms which is roughly 400fps. The issue is it doesnt look like im getting that many FPS on my monitor. There isnt any issue with cursor latency, it just looks very choppy.
It looks choppy because of the lag spikes. osu! is showing you that fps despite the choppy fps probably because it averages out fps over a time period. If you have 1k fps for 500ms and then 10fps for 100ms, it will give all those 1k fps samples and that one 10fps sample averaged over a time period, which would be a higher number than what you are experiencing.