forum

How do i get better at aiming..

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Davuka
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/6810352 I have been playing for 2 years and 4 months. I used to play mouse only till rank > #70k or so decided to buy a tablet, managed to improve slowly but faster than mouse till what i am nowadays a #5k player.

I've never played this game for fun
when i started to play my goal was to get pp.

I struggle with aim pretty badly, when i play multis i see rank 40k players beat me in aim maps.
I've been playing jump heavy maps for the past 2 months and i cant manage to see any improvement tried changing tablet area etc other grips (Usually stick to the same area for a week same for the grip) if it doesnt work out i change it back.

I've got no clue why i cant see improvement im playing the game seriously, does having fun really matter that much?
pandaBee
Have you tried playing more?

Works for me.

Also consistency is important in MP
ManuelOsuPlayer

Davuka wrote:

I struggle with aim pretty badly, when i play multis i see rank 40k players beat me in aim maps.
Ignore other players performance. They may be mashing to the rhythm.
I find a big improvment aiming when i start using AR circle to aim/read, even if i'm not using them to acc. (still being bad do)
Barusamikosu
How do i get better at aiming..
I ask myself that every day.

Just kidding, I think we both know the answer is to keep spamming aim intensive maps. Compared to other skills like accuracy, speed, and streaming, which feel like they generally progress at a stable and predictable rate, aim (at least in terms of getting a good aim play and improving at it overall) feels a bit more like RNG. I know your feels too since I usually get rekt in aim by lower ranked players when I do play multi but at least I destroy them in accuracy.

Also keep in mind there are a lot of multiaccounts running around in multi lobbies so you can't believe everything you see. Even if your consistent aim from play to play (I have no idea if your consistency is bad but it seems like you're complaining about it) is suffering, your overall achievements are a lot stronger than most of the currently 40k players I've seen in multi. Even the multiaccounts.
Ideal
go fast
zoom

i went fast and yay
Akanagi
Play pp maps and HT some popular high diff jump maps.
pandaBee
Low bpm jump maps with high spacing
Frikandel
I was like you but I gave up trying to aim. I just blame mouse and be done with it.

Instead I play DT, streams, and HR. for pp. Technical maps for fun. I've barely touched a jump map in over a year.

Granted, this means I will stay trash at jumps forever, but at least I am having fun.