forum

osu!wiki project

posted
Total Posts
show more
peppy
I'll look into this; it's probably a big with the authentication bridge.
Takos
Is there a Japanese page yet?
I think I can work on that but I don't know how to use a wiki DX
Breeze

Takos wrote:

Sadly, there's no Japanese pages yet.
If you can do that, we'll appreciate that.
Alouthgh I know some Japanese, but I'm not native speaker of Japanese, so I'll just get rid of touching Japanese part.
Hope you could do a nice job on it :D
DennisGG
Very usefull :) thanks
GigaClon

Takos wrote:

just take a page. add JP: to the beginning of the page name in the address bar. Then edit the page and translate.
peppy
Just bumping this thread: I would like to see the wiki replace the FAQ and other help pages we currently have listed on the site, but would like people's opinions on whether it is mature enough for that to happen. There haven't been many changes recently so it would seem either people have lost interest or it has been fleshed out to the point it is quite a usable resource.
Repflez

peppy wrote:

Just bumping this thread: I would like to see the wiki replace the FAQ and other help pages we currently have listed on the site, but would like people's opinions on whether it is mature enough for that to happen. There haven't been many changes recently so it would seem either people have lost interest or it has been fleshed out to the point it is quite a usable resource.
The wiki still needs more content to be a usable resource to the community. At most, the guides (or at least the half of them) needs to be ported over to start considering to replace the actual FAQ. I could port them over but my speciality is templating, not writing good articles.

On an unrelated matter: It can be possible to install ParserExtensions in the wiki? It will help when making templates because it allows the use of conditionals in them and reduce the need to create redundant templates.
Marifune-kun
wow nice
[deleted user]
Tremendously educational many thanks, I reckon your trusty readers would definitely want even more writing like this carry on the excellent hard work.
waicool20
Now this will come in handy ill try and visit occasionally.
peppy
I wish more was being done here :(.
Mara
What are we missing?
peppy
The ability to replace the FAQ, guides, etc. with wiki links. A better design for the front page, and easier navigation. Much more content and activity in general.
Mara
Well I can see that there aren't so many guides written in the wiki, when looking at this box.

We should fix that.
peppy
Did you just make that listing, or is it somewhere hidden on the wiki? There should be something front-page like that. And someone should organise teams to get each of those areas updated and migrated.
Mara
I found that from the FAQ article; http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/FAQ

And apparently it can be placed with {{Guides}}.
peppy
I just updated guides to redirect to it. Now just need people to write/move/be awesome.
Mara
I could write later today, but that would require someone who fixes all that amazing engrish.
peppy
I'm not talking about writing on a single day. I'm talking about organising and motivating people, and getting an ongoing effort involved. "I can write today" means nothing to me. I am looking for someone (or multiple people) willing to actually form a team and Get Things Done.

Also your sig is ugly. Make the osu! logo smaller or remove it please :(.
Mara
Wiki Team? Sounds cool. But yeah, I guess one day writing does nothing.

Also the signature COULD be better, but the image links (logos) in the FAQ are dead. I basically took that from the site.
GigaClon
Ive done a decent bit of wiki work myself. and I will try to do more. the front page should look like the front page of wiki.guildwars.com in terms of navigation.
Repflez

peppy wrote:

Did you just make that listing, or is it somewhere hidden on the wiki?
I did the listing (And the used template on it) some time ago. It doesn't hurt to check the history of the template :P

http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/index.php?title= ... on=history

GigaClon wrote:

Ive done a decent bit of wiki work myself. and I will try to do more. the front page should look like the front page of wiki.guildwars.com in terms of navigation.
The page looks good and if the main page here gets updated to look like that, it will (currently) be a sea of red links due to not having enough articles/guides/whatever to fill with. But still someone can try and make a draft of it on its user page.

By the way: I fixed Template:Navboxaltrow because it was breaking Template:Navbox when used with Template:Navboxrow.
GigaClon
Thanks, I didn't really expect them to be used together, it was for when I just wanted a centered listing. We should make sure most pages are linked to a navbox.
peppy
If you need any extensions or things installed please PM me and I'll look at it ASAP.
Repflez
Just a little heads up.

jpeg images aren't showing in any page in the wiki (See Interface article)

If someone tries to see directly those images, the wiki confuses itself and tries to render it as a page. jpg and png files aren't affected.

Example:
Wiki page: http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/File:Soloplay10.jpeg
Direct Link: http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Images/1/11/Soloplay10.jpeg
peppy
See if it works now. You may need to try uploading again. If not, renaming to jpg might be the best course of action for now :p.
Repflez
It works now. Still, renaming them to jpg can be the safest route in this case (and disabling uploading from that extension) if more problems appear from those images.
GigaClon
we shouldn't be using jpeg/jpeg for screenshots anyway. PNG is perfecty fine for screenshots. Jpeg is for Photos
peppy
Depends on the complexity of the screenshot. An easy way to decide is to use puush. It is smart with which mode it chooses (jpg or png) on the windows client, and will automatically decide which is best. You can make puush save locally and then use those to upload directly to the wiki, too
Repflez
Something to share.

I was bored with Firebug and Stylish and decided to make a design for the wiki. The results were good and looks more like the rest of the site :)

How it looks (Firefox 11 - Big image)

I know, the tabs are too big.

The CSS is here if peppy wants to add it (It goes in MediaWiki:Vector.css)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26055736/osuwik ... 0style.css
GigaClon
thanks to K2J http://osu.ppy.sh/u/2316 for working on the storyboarding section of the wiki
kcaze
I think there's a problem with the wiki login.

I logged in earlier on one computer, and later attempted to login through another computer without logging out on the first and received the following error message:

A database error has occurred. Did you forget to run maintenance/update.php after upgrading? See: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Up ... ate_script
Query: INSERT INTO `user` (user_id,user_name,user_password,user_newpassword,user_newpass_time,user_email,
user_email_authenticated,user_real_name,user_options,user_token,user_registration,user_editcount) VALUES (NULL,'kcaze','','',NULL,'',NULL,'','','45b2f6f3e4b63217d392ac47da59112d','20120512085825','0')
Function: User::addToDatabase
Error: 1062 Duplicate entry 'kcaze' for key 'user_name' (localhost)
I assume that the wiki still thinks I'm logged in when I'm not (I'm not logged in anymore on the first computer)?
peppy
this happens when you use the wrong case to login, i think. i will look at fixing this in the near future, but please try logging in with Kcaze or kcaze and see if it helps.
kcaze
Yeah, logging in with "Kcaze" did the trick. Are Osu! usernames case sensitive btw?
peppy
only the wiki. i plan on changing that. currently mediawiki forces capital first letters (due to that being the wiki standard).
kcaze
I did some googling and it looks like doing so would require some ugly workarounds. Is it possible to edit the login page to include a note telling users that the first letter in their username needs to be capitalized?
peppy
I believe it can be fixed.
JappyBabes

peppy wrote:

Depends on the complexity of the screenshot. An easy way to decide is to use puush. It is smart with which mode it chooses (jpg or png) on the windows client, and will automatically decide which is best. You can make puush save locally and then use those to upload directly to the wiki, too
Slightly off-topic but > http://puu.sh/uj3c Is there a way to actually capture in-game fullscreens without it being grey?
peppy
f12? shift-f12?
Gaba
f12 to just store on your picture folder or shift+f12 to upload.

edit: fuck peppy ninja'd me by 20 seconds...
show more