forum

osu!wiki project

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
EDIT: the osu! wiki project has been moved to GitHub, find it here. To join the show and start contributing, read osu! wiki Contribution Guide first.

Initial version of the post

osu! now has a wiki dedicated to all sorts of information about everything osu! related

you can access it here:
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

please log in and start adding content!
Mara
Time to write some stuff.
Kert
I can't log in in Chrome, it just downloads index.php
I have the latest stable version
Dai
Peppy
Gaba

LunaticMara wrote:

Time to write some stuff.
Winshley
Now I wonder where I should start. :P
Mithos
I cant seem to write anything on taiko because the link redirects back to the category and you cant write in categories to well.

nvm I got a little blurb up. First time using the wiki though :D
Elly-chan
I am new to using wikis and things. I would like to make a category under beatmapping on how to make a decent and clean normal difficulty since I special in those, though. :3

Neverminddd~
Mara
I just added few screenies in there for now.

I need some sleep.
Mithos
Damn I need a tutorial on how to add pictures and paragraphs (without putting everything in a blue code box).
Backfire
>Players
Uh oh.
Ijah_old
Wiki pages based on players = no,

So anyway, this is good idea
Ekaru
Can't figure out how to write a new page, so I put stuff in the Modding category page instead. If somebody else can handle/edit things then that would be nice.
mm201
Create a link to it first, then click the new red link.
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
or just enter the page name you want directly into the URL, replacing the one you're currently on
Ekaru
Ah, okay, thank you both. ^_^

EDIT: Did some more stuff. I gotta write some papers now, though, so I'll add more tomorrow.
foulcoon
I fixed a couple grammatical errors, but there is a shitload more. I also think that people should stop adding random players in the wiki with stupid descriptions. Its probably a good idea to take the wiki seriously this time around.
Mara
So, about articles in other languages.

If I'm making a translation, should it be FI:FAQ:Installation or in Finnish FI:UKK:Asennus?

Forget that, why am I so stupid?

For now, there's FI:FAQ:Installation.
Mithos
Thanks to whoever fixed my taiko description. I hope you follow me around the wiki until I learn how to fix stuff mahself.

Edit: Wrote up a quick CTB description. If someone who knows how to work a wiki can turn the category description into it's own page (so I can upload pictures and stuff), that would be nice.

Edit2: If someone can change the redirect from "CatchTheBeat" to "Catch The Beat" it will link to the new page. :3
aston_old
okay, i worked like a slave.

time for a little break.

i'm surprised no one has made a peppy page yet.

also @post above me, should've been Catch The Beat, not CatchTheBeat D:
palion
added some pages
aston_old
Suggestion : Have ES, FI, etc. Various "Language" Categories so we can have a comprehensive list of stuff in different languages. kinda unproductive to have 150 tags under FAQ and most of them being different languages.
Mara
Also guys, this is wiki, not a dictionary.

Just sayin'.
Mithos
Finally learned how to make new pages (sorta). I moved the CTB one to a new page and added a skinning category for someone to write in. This is fun :D
Ekaru

LunaticMara wrote:

Also guys, this is wiki, not a dictionary.

Just sayin'.
Personally, I made the jump page to focus on the usage of jumps, and the slider page because there was a red link begging to be turned to blue (AKA because I was bored).

There's a line, but as long as we keep it to osu!-specific terms I think it's okay, mainly so that the terms can be linked to within the articles so that a brand new mapper who knows nothing can understand what we're talking about. Now if we start making pages for things like "clicking", "tablet" and "mouse", then we're crossing into dangerous territory.
palion
btw why is my user Palion on wiki when i registered it lower case =[
dkun
translating a few key pages into tagalog
fixed a few notable grammatical errors (holy shit guys)
also implementing a few redirects that some articles are lacking
Sync
Fixed stuff, removed stupid stuff and changed it with not-stupid stuff, etc
Miya
I need some wiki tutorial before start contributing there >.<
peppy
mediawiki forces upper-case first character for topics and usernames. Also, you really don't need to post your changelogs to this thread; when you make a change you can specify exactly what you did along with the update. Try and keep things positive and avoid calling other peoples' content "stupid", too.
Mithos
I don't mind if people say they edited something I did, just be positive \:D/

Has anyone noticed that there isn't a page for normal gameplay?

It's just in an FAQ instead of it's own page 3:
Rei Hakurei
hmmm is user that have an underscore (like me) is can't login?
(and it's page inaccessible?)
peppy
I'll look into this; it's probably a big with the authentication bridge.
Takos
Is there a Japanese page yet?
I think I can work on that but I don't know how to use a wiki DX
Breeze

Takos wrote:

Sadly, there's no Japanese pages yet.
If you can do that, we'll appreciate that.
Alouthgh I know some Japanese, but I'm not native speaker of Japanese, so I'll just get rid of touching Japanese part.
Hope you could do a nice job on it :D
DennisGG
Very usefull :) thanks
GigaClon

Takos wrote:

just take a page. add JP: to the beginning of the page name in the address bar. Then edit the page and translate.
peppy
Just bumping this thread: I would like to see the wiki replace the FAQ and other help pages we currently have listed on the site, but would like people's opinions on whether it is mature enough for that to happen. There haven't been many changes recently so it would seem either people have lost interest or it has been fleshed out to the point it is quite a usable resource.
Repflez

peppy wrote:

Just bumping this thread: I would like to see the wiki replace the FAQ and other help pages we currently have listed on the site, but would like people's opinions on whether it is mature enough for that to happen. There haven't been many changes recently so it would seem either people have lost interest or it has been fleshed out to the point it is quite a usable resource.
The wiki still needs more content to be a usable resource to the community. At most, the guides (or at least the half of them) needs to be ported over to start considering to replace the actual FAQ. I could port them over but my speciality is templating, not writing good articles.

On an unrelated matter: It can be possible to install ParserExtensions in the wiki? It will help when making templates because it allows the use of conditionals in them and reduce the need to create redundant templates.
Marifune-kun
wow nice
show more