forum

How can I get consistent instead of DT farm?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MHV
As you can see on my Performance. I've been stuck at a certain rank. But never seem to get the hang of 4-5 stars. So I wanted to try something new, and that was DT. And now my top 3 pp scores are DT. I never seem to be able to get consistent with any of my plays that is over 1 minute. And it doesn't reflect my hours in this game. I really need help, so I don't end up being a DT farmer. Because it doesn't give me anything...

Thanks, MHV

Edit: I got over 300-500 maps. So that shouldn't be a problem. :)
dung eater
Play maps that are longer. Don't pause to rest. 5 min is a pretty standard long map, but theres many around 10 min,too. Short maps are much easoer for you so it's normal to have them as top scores. Set short term goals that are not pp when you want to learn stuff.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Play at a start range what you can fc at first try. Even If it's 2*. Work there.
Endaris
Get MORE maps.
500 maps is not very much at all for a player at your skilllevel.
As mentioned by jaaakb, playing longer maps will make you more comfortable with holding higher combos.
You can filter for mapsets with a minimum length by supplying a minimum length in seconds on this nice page here: http://osusearch.com/
Skidayo
being dt farmer isn't a bad thing.
Kyrari
being consistent at dt is a skill too, there's lots of different maps to dt and you could also just dt longer maps
zeplic

Endaris wrote:

Get MORE maps.
500 maps is not very much at all for a player at your skilllevel.
As mentioned by jaaakb, playing longer maps will make you more comfortable with holding higher combos.
You can filter for mapsets with a minimum length by supplying a minimum length in seconds on this nice page here: http://osusearch.com/

If your hard drive youre storing your maps on isnt full you're doing it wrong
ManuelOsuPlayer
I had 72G.
N0thingSpecial
By playing large variety of maps, preferably long maps, the more patterns you learn the more consistent you’ll get
The Gambler
Inhale all that is fanzhen0019 and Skystar.

Never mind, that is like a skinny boy deadlifting 300 pounds on his first day. Play marathon maps instead, preferably non-compilation marathons.
zeplic

The Gambler wrote:

.Play marathon maps instead, preferably non-compilation marathons.
Why does this detail matter
DXPOHIHIHI

The Gambler wrote:

Never mind, that is like a skinny boy deadlifting 300 pounds on his first day. Play marathon maps instead, preferably non-compilation marathons.
I can only deadlift 250 and squat 310
The Gambler

zeplic wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

.Play marathon maps instead, preferably non-compilation marathons.
Why does this detail matter
Compilation marathons copy-paste TV-size maps with 10 second delays between songs, especially maps relevant to his top plays. This does not incentivize endurance/stamina.
pandaBee

szkiller wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

I can only deadlift 250 and squat 310
Your lifts tell me that your squat depth is abysmal. Grow a pair dude lift moar