forum

Mario Kart 7 weekly kartparties (Sat, 9 PM CST)

posted
Total Posts
show more
NaomiMinette

Ekaru wrote:

Well, you gotta wait for the Wii U version to get a patch anyways, unless you are willingly to not connect your console online until after you beat World Tour since an online update causes glitches.

Anyways, I love the game. It deserves its own thread, really.
Just got finished reading an article concerning Wii U issues, so yeah... I definitely won't be getting a Wii U as well as S&ASRT right away. If you make the thread, though, I'll just lurk it for the time being :P
Saso-Hikage
Zombi U looks quite interesting in my eyes. Well, and in addition my grandma promised to immolate some money, too.
So I think it's decided then. I'll get the Wii U this Christmas. :D
NaomiMinette
Wii U thread this way, by the way.
___

Just wanna throw this in: my router lately has been derping up a lot, so if I d/c... yeah.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
And I quoteth...

Oops.
I won't forget tonight I swear
NaomiMinette
No one else but me and mm showed up last night anyway (that I'm aware of).
Saso-Hikage

Blazevoir wrote:

No one else but me and mm showed up last night anyway (that I'm aware of).
Sry, I totally forgot about it ^^
Topic Starter
Ekaru
There. Let's go.
rust45
Thanksgiving weekend kinda messed with my normal schedule, probably wouldn't had joined even if I remembered.
Saso-Hikage
Thanks to the slow german mail :P which should have delivered my Wii U today, I'll definite be there to join you today.
NaomiMinette
Seeing as I'm mapping something, I'll most likely remember to be here today. I can't promise anything tomorrow since I'll be involved in another online community's project.
rust45
I'll try to remember to come this time, no promises though.
rust45
Well today's kartparty was fun with almost everyone in the skype call it was full of fun rage time. To the people who weren't in the call, get in the calls, they're more fun with more people.
NaomiMinette

rust45 wrote:

Well today's kartparty was fun with almost everyone in the skype call it was full of fun rage time. To the people who weren't in the call, get in the calls, they're more fun with more people.
This *glaringly looks at pieguy*
Topic Starter
Ekaru

rust45 wrote:

I should've reinstalled Skype and joined you guys after I was done playing. ;_;
Justykanna
Might be able to re-join in the party every now and then in the new year.
NaomiMinette

Justykanna wrote:

Might be able to re-join in the party every now and then in the new year.
=O Yay!
mm201
Blaze

Poot you
NaomiMinette
I swear I was trying to avoid hitting you during certain times =c
Justykanna

Blazevoir wrote:

I swear I was trying to avoid hitting you during certain times =c
We all know it's a lie. =)

Someone (I forgot who) was trying to invite me to the Skype call. If I'm around next week, I'll join in (I actually forgot what time the kartparty was at until I checked the #videogames tab). I was playing multiplayer osu! with a friend last night so I couldn't join.
NaomiMinette
It's almost always mm who hosts the Skype calls.

(Also, poot you :P)
CNM501
What... How'd I miss the last Kartparty? There was no one on at the normal time I usually go on... ;_;
NaomiMinette
Uhh... We were on at the normal time, but you didn't show up at all... (at least, for Saturday/Sunday)
mm201
I'll be late to tonight's party, probably around 9-10pm my time, which is about the same as the Saturday parties.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

mm201 wrote:

I'll be late to tonight's party, probably around 9-10pm my time, which is about the same as the Saturday parties.
'K, let's do it at that time then
NaomiMinette
Sick here, so I'm not sure if I'll be joining any group calls this weekend.
Moriya Suwako
STILL A NOOB.Too weak to play with you guys= =
Topic Starter
Ekaru

yellowyoshi1996 wrote:

STILL A NOOB.Too weak to play with you guys= =
I'm playing without an R button, so no, not really. ^_^

...Accepting donations towards 3DS XL.
Justykanna

Ekaru wrote:

How do you break an R button? o_o
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Justykanna wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

How do you break an R button? o_o
Through magical means.

AKA one day you press it and it goes "WHEEEEE".
NaomiMinette
I won't be kartpartying today due to a livestream event, but I should be available this Saturday.
Saso-Hikage
I'll finally be back this friday. So be ready to let good old Wario annoy you again. :D
NaomiMinette
Hopefully people will remember today :o
rust45
I'll try to remember. I won't be able to make tomorrow's for sure, so I want to make this one.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
I did 3 races.

I won 2 of them.

Without drifting.

Learn to play, guys. :P
NaomiMinette
RACE MOAR, NUB <3
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Okay, SO...

Turns out that at Gamestop - going to go there for the free Steel Diver and Nintendogs - I can get the MK7 3DS XL bundle for $200, which will effectively give me an alternative save file to dink around with for no extra cost due to Nintendo's bad digital practices.

What this means is a very easy way to get into <2K VR rooms. That's right. Forget about 4K, 5K VR rooms. Here we have the holy grail of trolling. And, since it's an alt I'll just be able to tank my VR whenever it starts to get too high via DCing. Furthermore, seeing me do very well with <2K VR against people with much higher VR would be hilarious and you all know it.

Currently at $145.71 after recounting. If you want to make this happen sooner, donate via paypal to nathananderson009@gmail.com Sounds cool, doesn't it, guys? ^_^ </troll>
mm201
I don't condone the trolling of low VR rooms for its own sake. The lack of a decent matchmaking process contributed greatly to the MKDS "snackin iz chestin" controversy and probably wouldn't have happened, or at least been so severe, otherwise. I attribute why MTs were so nerfed in later versions to this controversy.

Despite its imperfections, we shouldn't troll the VR system. The only reason I've been helping you into low VR rooms as of late is because of your current handicapped state.
NaomiMinette
Though at the same time, 20k+ VR rooms are so rage-inducing, even moreso than the rage amongst ourselves :o
Topic Starter
Ekaru

mm201 wrote:

I don't condone the trolling of low VR rooms for its own sake. The lack of a decent matchmaking process contributed greatly to the MKDS "snackin iz chestin" controversy and probably wouldn't have happened, or at least been so severe, otherwise. I attribute why MTs were so nerfed in later versions to this controversy.

Despite its imperfections, we shouldn't troll the VR system. The only reason I've been helping you into low VR rooms as of late is because of your current handicapped state.
Low VR rooms are actually really, really boring because I always win. :P If you guys are there then it turns into basically Community Races with More Blue Shells.

I actually prefer 40+K VR rooms because even 20K, 30K VR rooms are too easy for me when my R button's working and I'm in the zone.

EDIT: The reason I typically suggest lower VR'd rooms is for the lesser racers in the room. When I'm on my own I actually go for the highest VR rooms I can.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Actually, once I get that 3DS XL we're doing 20K VR rooms for a couple weeks. No whining, Blaze. You've had your low VR fun for what, a month now? :P

Thank you for slapping some sense into me, mm. ^_^
show more