forum

Mario Kart 7 weekly kartparties (Sat, 9 PM CST)

posted
Total Posts
show more
NaomiMinette
Sounds good to me :D
bomber34
1 A.M for me? Awesome :D
Justykanna
Ugh, makes me wish there was wifi in my university residence even more now...
NaomiMinette

bomber34 wrote:

Can't wait to see you and the other European players again :D

Justykanna wrote:

Ugh, makes me wish there was wifi in my university residence even more now...
>< There's like... absolutely none, not even any you can leech from?
rust45
I might just stick to the Saturday parties, but maybe I'll play for a little bit on Friday parties though.
Justykanna

Blazevoir wrote:

Not in the residence areas.
And with the ones in the lecture halls / cafe, you need a program on your computer to run in the background in order to get internet (university username and password). This is something both my iPhone and N3DS don't like and have great difficulty getting internet with.
So I sad. Especially because I only started playing with you people two weeks ago. -_-'
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Justykanna wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

Not in the residence areas.
And with the ones in the lecture halls / cafe, you need a program on your computer to run in the background in order to get internet (university username and password). This is something both my iPhone and N3DS don't like and have great difficulty getting internet with.
So I sad. Especially because I only started playing with you people two weeks ago. -_-'
Is there a browser-based log-in option available? Though, to get those to work on the 3DS you first have to fail a connection test before the browser will let you sign in, and at my school I can use the browser but can't play MK7.... Gah. Try talking to the IT guys and see what they have to say about it (though there's a good chance there's nothing they can do ;_;).

If all else fails you'd have to go off-campus for WiFi access, so that'd pretty much limit you to the Friday sessions... XP
Saso-Hikage

bomber34 wrote:

Same here. I may join you, if I don't have to get up early the next day. ^^
Topic Starter
Ekaru

sasori93 wrote:

bomber34 wrote:

Same here. I may join you, if I don't have to get up early the next day. ^^
I'm actually thinking of moving the Friday session an hour earlier after this week's session to make it easier for you guys to show up. Saturday's session will stay set in stone, but with the Friday session we can experiment a bit until we get a good compromise.
NaomiMinette
Sooooooooooooo... Kartparty in 2 hours from now? Or 3?
bomber34

Blazevoir wrote:

Sooooooooooooo... Kartparty in 2 hours from now? Or 3?
I don't know ... D:
I actually need a bit time, because my day was a bit stressful but i want to participate ... so in 1 1/2 hours would be optimal for me D:
NaomiMinette
I wouldn't mind if it was at 6 PM CDT (GMT -7). Derp... I need to pay more attention to posts...
___

Okay, so apparently there was a clone of me on Worldwide when I was racing with mm and Ekaru while ago... Wtf.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Stalking 45K VR players is fun!
Saso-Hikage
Had a lot of fun last night though I often perfectly defended my last position. :D
Well, I'll be there again next week. ^^
Topic Starter
Ekaru

sasori93 wrote:

Had a lot of fun last night though I often perfectly defended my last position. :D
Well, I'll be there again next week. ^^
^_^ Yay!

Also, when Maka Wuhu was picked yesterday in that newb room - it might have been down to just me and mm at that point - a Metal Mario actually tried to do the glitch. I was laughing so damn hard I was surprised that I was still able to race effectively.
NaomiMinette
*award show ceremonial voice* And all of my rage tonight goes to... *opens envelope; dramatic pause* Ekaru! *applause*
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

*award show ceremonial voice* And all of my rage tonight goes to... *opens envelope; dramatic pause* Ekaru! *applause*
All of my rage tonight goes to you, too. ^_^
Soaprman

Blazevoir wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

NaomiMinette
Well put, Soap... Well said.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Soap: LMFAO

Also, I decided to get into Time Trials. It will take me a while until my times aren't total crap, though.
CNM501
I really hope to make next week's Kartparty, though at the moment...chances of that are sllim :( Additionally, If I miss that one I won't be able to Kartparty for 2 Weeks as I will be overseas... ;__;
NaomiMinette

CNM501 wrote:

I really hope to make next week's Kartparty, though at the moment...chances of that are sllim :( Additionally, If I miss that one I won't be able to Kartparty for 2 Weeks as I will be overseas... ;__;
Good luck with that ><

Uhh... So is there gonna be one at 5 PM CDT (GMT -7) later on today, or are you sticking with 6 PM, Ekaru?
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Oh, right. Let's try 5 PM.
Saso-Hikage

Ekaru wrote:

Oh, right. Let's try 5 PM.
Nice, that's midnight. I'll be there. ^^
Topic Starter
Ekaru
So I was looking for the cartridge, right?

Well, I did manage to find it...

...the exact moment everybody left. Now I'm doing WWs. ;P
rust45
Whoops, I forgot about the Kartparty today. How was it?
NaomiMinette
Horrible (at least for me)... All we did was just stalk high VR players.
pieguyn
I forgot about it too, rofl. Oh well, hopefully next week's one will be better :P (too bad I couldn't test my new combo more T_T)
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Yet you two remembered the new session and not the one you've been showing up to for what, at least a couple months now? HMMMMM... *cough*
rust45
I kinda spaced out yesterday, I was even going to mow the lawn yesterday, but before I knew it, it was too dark to mow. And then I realized that I also missed the party.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

rust45 wrote:

I kinda spaced out yesterday, I was even going to mow the lawn yesterday, but before I knew it, it was too dark to mow. And then I realized that I also missed the party.
XD I've done that sort of thing before, too. Don't feel too bad. I mean, I almost missed it just like that what, a week ago?
Topic Starter
Ekaru
'K, let's try 5 PM Central Time again. Just two things to note:

-Registered osu! users get priority over those who aren't registered in osu! (just in case we max out again).
-This will be Worldwides. Yes, we might end up with 7 people in the same WW room. However, at this specific time you're going to wind up with lots of people coming and going and it's a lot easier to deal with this in WWs. Of course, we will be starting in a low-VR room for the lowest possible waiting times.

Speaking of which, everybody who wants to join should add either Blaze or myself ahead of time so you can just tag us after we tag the low-VR person, whoever we wind up using. Just tell us your FC at the start of the kartparty and we'll add you back.

No, really, 5 PM is before dinner time for us Westerners. We need something flexible to work with us having to AFK at any moment, and even if we have to deal with some randoms it's just easier that way. Plus, this way we can get started immediately so that the Europeans can get as many races as possible in before having to go to bed.

BTW, the main session is still at 9 PM on Saturdays. These will be community races if all goes well.
bomber34
Sounds okay for me ._.
Saso-Hikage
Sry, I won't be able to join you cuz I'm not feeling very well today. :P
Maybe next week. ^^
NaomiMinette
So much copying others today~ *glares at rust in particular*
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

For future reference, don't try this, guys. The Friends' List will give you away. :D

Also, I'm glad last night went much better than last Saturday.
Soaprman

Blazevoir wrote:

Sounds like someone takes issue with the sincerest form of flattery.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Soaprman wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

Sounds like someone takes issue with the sincerest form of flattery.
Oh yeah, this.

His mm impression failed miserably, though. He couldn't even get the damn country right!

BTW, kartparty in an hour
NaomiMinette
So how about that 1 VR dude?
Soaprman
He multiplied his VR by 16 with that race. I wonder if he spent the next race disconnecting to get it back down to 1.
show more