forum

Mario Kart 7 weekly kartparties (Sat, 9 PM CST)

posted
Total Posts
show more
NaomiMinette
Thing is, we've actually been getting 8 player kartparties recently, so there might be a chance you'll either have to wait till someone else leaves or join a separate group :(

Assuming the latter happens, we could probably still play with two groups:
  1. One Group would have to be full
  2. 9th or so person attempting to join would automatically make a 2nd group
  3. A few/Some people from the first group could tag the person in the 2nd group
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

Uhh... Stupid question, but do the etiquette rules only apply to Community? (AKA clarify the OP, yo!)
My only point was that you shouldn't be picking the same course over and over and over the entire freaking time. Don't worry about it!

@pieguy: Nah, it was someone else. :D

@mm: Awwwwwww, thank you. <3
pieguyn
Fine with me ;)

Ekaru wrote:

pieguy: Nah, it was someone else. :D
oh yay, I'm off the hook :P
Topic Starter
Ekaru
I've been playing quite a bit of WW this past week, and I have come to discover just how amazing bananas are when used properly.
NaomiMinette
Define properly. Banana sniping ftw!
Soaprman
I've been playing quite a bit of community these past months, and I have come to discover just how amazing starmen are when used properly.
NaomiMinette
So guys, about CNM's and Elly's funeral... :P

But seriously, poot you two >_>
CNM501
We love ya too Blaze <3
Elysian_Arceus
I'm fine with a funeral as long as I get buried in a Warp Pipe or something related to Mario Bros.
NaomiMinette
K, enjoy this Piranha Plant~
Topic Starter
Ekaru
I crashed your guys' late-night kartparty. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
mm201
You can't crash a party to which you are invited.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

mm201 wrote:

You can't crash a party to which you are invited.
Pfft, technicalities.
rust45
What happened to Blazevoir's post about points?
Soaprman
NaomiMinette
Oh... I deleted it because no one replied... I can repost it if you guys are still interested.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

Oh... I deleted it because no one replied... I can repost it if you guys are still interested.
I never even saw it! I can't reply to things I don't see! Repost, please.
NaomiMinette
What I removed (read this first!)
So, this is probably gonna sound extremely silly, but I thought about a way to make things a bit more interesting for our next kartparty:

For testing purposes (and to see if I'll keep this up), you'll have to try and hit me with certain items/a certain amount of items as part of challenges I'll be setting (they'll be announced before each race or so; Community races only unless we somehow get a Worldwide party with only us osu! people). For example, if I say "Try and hit me with 5 green shells within one race before it ends" (you MUST be somewhere within my touchscreen/range for it to count) and you manage to do so, you get a point. (No, I'm not letting it stack AKA you hitting me with 10 green shells for 2 points, etc. Yes, more than one person can get a point for the same challenge. Also, since I'm sure we all have different internet speeds, I'll be judging things from my screen.) The challenges, of course, will vary. Also, if any challenges involve more than one race (ex.: Try and hit me with a Blue Shell 3 times within 3 races), you'd get a point for each successful attempt. Whoever has the most points from these challenges wins!

Now, like I said before, this is just something silly I came up with, and you don't HAVE to do this. I just wanted to try something that'll probably make things a bit more competitive (and possibly more fun) even though you don't really win anything out of this. That being said, if this manages to catch on, I WILL be posting a leaderboard after each kartparty session. To keep things fair (especially for those who either couldn't join in right away or decide to leave early), a person can only have a certain max amount of points per session (which will probably vary depending on the amount of people playing/who agree to do this).

So what do you guys think?
After you've read the above
To be honest, I didn't think things through and will most likely scrap the above idea, and here's why:
  1. This will definitely requite a lot of concentration on my end, so I honestly don't know if I'll be able to track each hit properly.
  2. I suck at creativity, so the challenges will probably be generic (though if I try to add anything complex, it'll probably ruin what place you'll end up in).
  3. Since mm usually "does Time Trials" during most of the races, the challenges wouldn't be fair on his end.
  4. The above idea (first spoilerbox) was something I typed out of boredom.
Of course, if you guys have any ideas on how to keep things interesting, I'll try to continue this.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Can we hit mm instead?
CNM501

Ekaru wrote:

Can we hit mm instead?
^ I agree with this post.
NaomiMinette
>Time Trial runs

Good luck, yo.
bomber34
Is the "typical saturday" kartparty going today?
I have school break so i can participate on any time
._. I guess it was 4 a.m. for me (6pm central time or so (noideatolazytocheck)
Topic Starter
Ekaru

bomber34 wrote:

Is the "typical saturday" kartparty going today?
I have school break so i can participate on any time
._. I guess it was 4 a.m. for me (6pm central time or so (noideatolazytocheck)
Yes, yes it is. 9 PM Central, but I'm pretty sure you have the time right on your side.

EDIT: 'cuz if it was 7 AM for you then you'd have a much easier time getting on. ;P
NaomiMinette
Eh... Guess I'll scrap the idea... Anyway, kartparty in 15 mins unless you're busy.

Y u gaiz liek mushys sauu mawch? Ez nawt faeeeeer!

P.S. pieguy's such a haxor
Topic Starter
Ekaru
I choose you, Honey Queen!
NaomiMinette
Time to break out the bug repellant... maybe.

(To be honest, I don't know if I'll be joining tonight; KH3D's really making me wanna finish it first.)
rust45
Take a break from it, I'm making my brother take a break from it so I can join in today's party.
NaomiMinette
Yeah... taking a break... Fighting 3 bosses IN A ROW WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO SAVE AND DYING A LOT isn't helping ._.

Damn, so many Starmen and magical jumping stuff this session, lol.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
I'm remembering to use Honey Queen this time.
mm201
I won't be on Skype this time because all you would hear is coughing.
Edit: I can join it but will be muted
NaomiMinette
Hope you feel better soon :(
Inori
If you wanna add me, my friend code is:

0130-1983-0524

Happy racing :)
NaomiMinette
ASD;LFKJASDL;FKJSA;LDKFJSD;L Yay!

You MUST join us next kartparty :D Grab the codes you need (especially the osu! MK7 Community one) at the Nintendo 3DS Club thread.

EDIT: ...Even though I said all that, there's a chance I might not be able to join this weekend's kartparty, if there's gonna be one. Apparently my net's capped at the moment ._. I'll edit this post again/make another post if something changes.
Soaprman
Just unscrew the cap? It's not on that tight.
Inori

Soaprman wrote:

Just unscrew the cap? It's not on that tight.
^That
rust45
I probably won't make tomorrow's party unless it goes on really long. I'm going to be heading to the fair to watch a friend's band play.
Inori
Yeah turns out I'm visiting my cousins over in Lake Tahoe so yeah. unless my uncle magically installed wifi in his car, I might not make it this saturday
NaomiMinette
It doesn't bother me either way. It's not like the kartparties are mandatory anyway (though I'd still like to race with new people as well).
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

It doesn't bother me either way. It's not like the kartparties are mandatory anyway (though I'd still like to race with new people as well).
If we don't get enough people tomorrow night then we can just reschedule it to Sunday. :P
Soaprman
Or we can storm worldwide and grind up to a million VR.
show more