forum

Mario Kart 7 weekly kartparties (Sat, 9 PM CST)

posted
Total Posts
show more
bomber34

Blazevoir wrote:

So... I know Fridays aren't good for some people, so can we try to have a kartparty this Saturday around or after 9 PM CDT? (I'm surprised I can manage NOT playing for practically 3 weeks already ._.)
Would be nice if you would write this in GMT +/-
because now i have to check how many hours that is away from me.
I wouldn't bother playing around 2 or 3 a.m. ._.
Edit: I looked it up. I am 7 hours away from that ...
Azure_Kite
So I now have MK7.
Soaprman
Go forth and race. Maka Wuhu needs you.
Azure_Kite
Screw Maku Wuhu. It's all about Daisy Hills~
NaomiMinette
I don't get why Daisy Hills is so popular (could be just me)...

At any rate, so are we meeting up tomorrow?
Azure_Kite
I dunno Blaze, I just like the map ._.
NaomiMinette
I meant in general. All the Worldwide races I've been on recently, Daisy Hills is always picked at least once, if not, more than half the time I'm still connected.
Soaprman

Blazevoir wrote:

I can be there.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Soaprman wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

I can be there.
I can be there too. We switched to cable today and, unlike my old Megapath connection it actually bloody works. I tried the game out prior to the switch and got DC'd midway through the race. I tried the game out for three races in a row after the switch and it was bloody beautiful. *sniff sniff*
rust45
Can someone give me the time for the party in GMT?
NaomiMinette
Uhh... Well... For me, it's GMT-6. We could start later so those like bomber could join in.
rust45
I'm GMT-8, alright, I can definitely make that.
bomber34

Blazevoir wrote:

Uhh... Well... For me, it's GMT-6. We could start later so those like bomber could join in.
lol i am 7 hours ahead.
If you play 9pm GMT - 6 i would have to stay up until 4 a.m GMT + 1
halo398
um metal mario anyone ^^ ill play add me
NaomiMinette

bomber34 wrote:

lol i am 7 hours ahead.
If you play 9pm GMT - 6 i would have to stay up until 4 a.m GMT + 1
That's why I said we could start later so you could join. We could start at like... 12 AM CDT (GMT-6) for all I know.
Soaprman
Tonight's kartparty was a blast. We've begun using Skype while we play... it really adds a lot to the experience. For those of you who weren't on Skype with us during tonight's game, consider trying it next time!
rust45
I forgot all about because I was playing too much minecraft and I just didn't think about it. Maybe I'll actually remember next time.
NaomiMinette
I don't blame you... I still have to make my sky island more... appealing.

Anyway, so just wondering: should we use Skype in all our kartparties (from now on, provided there's like... at least 3-4 people)? It was fun literally raging at each other XD
Azure_Kite
Oh, right. I suppose I should customize my Island, too.
Rantai

Soaprman wrote:

Tonight's kartparty was a blast. We've begun using Skype while we play... it really adds a lot to the experience. For those of you who weren't on Skype with us during tonight's game, consider trying it next time!
That would help a lot actually, I'm almost always on skype when I'm home. So maybe I can sneak in a game if you guys announce a game through there ;P

(Using a mic won't happen though)

Username is "Rereyl" if anyone wants to add (go go SG alias).
CNM501

Blazevoir wrote:

Anyway, so just wondering: should we use Skype in all our kartparties (from now on, provided there's like... at least 3-4 people)? It was fun literally raging at each other XD
Oh yes it was fun. Though I get the feeling that everyone was raging at me a lot... HEHEHEHEH. :D
NaomiMinette
So about that will... :P (Jkiluinanonhomoway)

And you should use a mic, Rantai. Even CNM did and he initially refused to.
---
Uhh... so wanna have another one tomorrow? Or should we make this like every other week so it doesn't get too old?
mm201
I'm up for another one.
If we do them too infrequently, people will lose interest.
NaomiMinette

mm201 wrote:

I'm up for another one.

If we do them too infrequently, people will lose interest.
I only suggested every other week because I thought it was getting somewhat repetitive...

Well whatever. Let's hope we can get more people on Skype :)
rust45
I probably won't be able to do it tomorrow, I have to get ready and then go to prom.
Azure_Kite
1 star on my profile, but I'll be damned if I can 3 star all 150cc and mirror tracks. The CPU is a cheating bastard.
NaomiMinette
No kidding... I had to keep restarting/redoing those cups just to get 3 stars on everything ._.
Azure_Kite
I play with Yoshi as my Driver, so TOAD CAN DIE IN A FREAKING FIRE.

That aside, do wheels affect how much traction you get on the road? For example, a customary glance at the stats of Slick and Gold Wheels, they look pretty much identical, but with Slick you SLIP SLIP SLIIIIIIIDE on off-road tracks (Kalimari Desert, etc etc) but with Gold the issue is far less noticeable.
NaomiMinette
Heck if I know. I've only been playing with Wood Wheels ever since I unlocked it and haven't swapped to any other set since then.
Azure_Kite
Fair enough, lulz.
Dieathan
I never even knew each part had their own effects. I thought they only affected the stats of the vehicle.
Azure_Kite
That was kinda why I was asking, hahah, I'm not sure if there is a tangible difference in stat-wise identical parts, or if it's just my perception of it.

Aiming for the Golden Steering Wheel now. By playing 80% of 100 recent games with the gyroscope, I wonder if the recent games applies to all game types (Offline Gran Prix, Online Races, Battles, etc) and whether the Golden Steering wheel is temporary. Does it wear off if the percentage of recent games played with Gyro Controls falls below 80?
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Azure_Kite wrote:

That was kinda why I was asking, hahah, I'm not sure if there is a tangible difference in stat-wise identical parts, or if it's just my perception of it.
There are hidden stats. ;D

1 star on my profile, but I'll be damned if I can 3 star all 150cc and mirror tracks. The CPU is a cheating bastard.
I can get 3 stars on any 150cc/Mirror cup with little to no effort now, barring ridiculously bad luck.
Azure_Kite
Bad luck? You mean, Banana slip followed by Green Shell, topped with a finely aimed red shell ending in a Spiny?

Yes. That has happened to me. My face hit the desk so hard.
Soaprman
Am I the only one who has no stars and plans on continuing to have no stars?

Well, I do sometimes get stars, but they're the kind you use to knock people off the track with.
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

Aiming for the Golden Steering Wheel now. By playing 80% of 100 recent games with the gyroscope, I wonder if the recent games applies to all game types (Offline Gran Prix, Online Races, Battles, etc) and whether the Golden Steering wheel is temporary. Does it wear off if the percentage of recent games played with Gyro Controls falls below 80?
I don't know if using it for different game modes will affect you getting it, but yes, it DOES go away if usage of it is below 80%.
rust45

Soaprman wrote:

Am I the only one who has no stars and plans on continuing to have no stars?

Well, I do sometimes get stars, but they're the kind you use to knock people off the track with.
I have two stars and I'm plenty content with that, I could get three if I wanted to but I got so pissed off at the AI I literally haven't played GP since I got my last cup with two or three stars.
Dangaard
I don't want to brag or anything, but I had the feeling that it's quite easy compared to older games to get all stars. Of course you still need a good portion of luck, but after some retries and practice and the right kart you should be able to get them without problems.

And I have access to Internet with my 3DS here now, so I'm up for some matches, just inform me when something is planned :P
NaomiMinette

Dangaard wrote:

I have access to Internet with my 3DS here now, so I'm up for some matches, just inform me when something is planned :P
We're planning on having a kartparty in like... 7-ish hours from now. Get on Skype if you can :D
Dangaard
that's like 4 in the morning for me, we will see :P
show more