forum

Mario Kart 7 weekly kartparties (Sat, 9 PM CST)

posted
Total Posts
show more
RemmyX25
i dont do kartparties anymore because im ALWAYS in last place -_-
Haneii

RemmyX25 wrote:

i dont do kartparties anymore because im ALWAYS in last place -_-
I can probably fix that ;_;
Soaprman
I can drive slower if you want. Easier to starram you that way.
NaomiMinette
Good luck getting Stars in the higher places.
Soaprman
Ever wondered why I don't hang out in the front of the pack? It's certainly not because I drive like a clumsy fool, and it's certainly not because mm201 is way better at this game than I am.
Derekku
soapr is my favorite~
mm201
I don't think Krazy Karting is as effective at going slow as it was in MKDS. Else I'd do that.
(Krazy Karting is intentionally picking a bad vehicle for lulz.)
Soaprman
When I have friends over to play Mario Kart Wii, the better players among us handicap ourselves by taking the Bowser Challenge.
NaomiMinette

Soaprman wrote:

When I have friends over to play Mario Kart Wii, the better players among us handicap ourselves by taking the Bowser Challenge.
Which is...?
Soaprman
Playing as Bowser (or a similarly heavy character) in a kart that handles like complete shit.
mm201
Funky Kong + Flame Runner gogo
NaomiMinette
Lol, I STILL haven't unlocked every Wii character...

Anyway, that challenge sounds fun. We should do it :P (I don't see why not anyway, considering we tried using Gyro controls.)
mm201
But to do bad in MKW, all you need to do is use a kart...
CNM501
That Gyro Party was...horrible...
NaomiMinette
I meant in 7, lol.
Soaprman
I missed a gyro controls party? And nobody called my cell phone or yelled really loud so I could hear or anything? Oh well. Maybe it'll happen again. I'd be up for a Bowser Challenge party sometime for sure.
NaomiMinette
I'm up for either just as long as we get enough people.
Rantai

mm201 wrote:

But to do bad in MKW, all you need to do is use a kart...
Don't hate on my Nostalgia ;~;
sunf514
郁闷
bomber34
:( I guess it is impossible for me to get in Kartparties now ... unless somebody plans them so i already know about it few days before ...
CNM501
Wow, no posts in a week! o-o
Anyway just random but I felt proud of myself the other day. Some guy was spamming Wuhu Island Loop (the NOT maka/mountain one) and glitched to get in front of me. I however had an arsenal of bananas at my disposal and threw them all in front of him. Needless to say, I came first and he ragequitted by next race. LOL :)
NaomiMinette
Oy, don't steal my skills D=

Anyway, grats? XD
NoHitter
Yep. High Acceleration is definitely for me.
Also got from 8th to 1st in a single drift (Airship Fortress, spiral tower) once.
halo398
i have a 3ds too whats ur friend code ill add u now
Topic Starter
Ekaru
I have found that I can play this game for free near-flawlessly at the library. I like how I was in a low-VR room and after I whooped everyone in the first two races, half the room picked Maka Wuhu... and it still wasn't picked. :D
NaomiMinette
That's why (unless you actually know them and they actually are nooby) you don't judge a 1k VR opponent :P

Anyway, so how often do you play, Ekaru and NoHItter? We need more people for kartparties D:
mm201

NoHItter wrote:

Yep. High Acceleration is definitely for me.
^
To make it more obvious, one time, I got blue shelled and a bowser got ahead of me. Seconds later, we both got lightninged in front of the finish. I zipped right past :)
NoHitter

Blazevoir wrote:

Anyway, so how often do you play, Ekaru and NoHItter? We need more people for kartparties D:
The problem is with the time. My timezone is GMT+8, so when it's night time there, I'm generally in school during weekdays/ asleep during weekends. If we can set a time for it though then maybe I can be there.

mm201 wrote:

To make it more obvious, one time, I got blue shelled and a bowser got ahead of me. Seconds later, we both got lightninged in front of the finish. I zipped right past :)
Wow. That happened to me too, except it was a Toad who I zipped passed. xD
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

That's why (unless you actually know them and they actually are nooby) you don't judge a 1k VR opponent :P

I play when I get the opportunity, but it's not that often because I can't play at home right now because I keep on getting "A communication error has occurred" in the mid-
A communication error has occurred.
-dle of-
Fuck this s-
...*ragequits* This is why I'm put in low VR rooms in the first place; you lose 20 points when you DC, so all of my experiments trying to get rid of that error has caused the VR I've earned while playing elsewhere to go down the drain.

Mario Kart Wii works just fine though so I've been playing that instead.
Haneii

Ekaru wrote:

you lose 20 points when you DC
Le gasp! I do? :O

Is this only for mid-race?
NaomiMinette
No, it's also ANYTIME during race preparation (not sure about Spectating though, though that'd be stupid if you lost VR that way).

EDIT: So I'm seeing other people with Mario Kart 7 now. Anyone up for a kartparty this weekend?

Aww yeah, another 8 person kartparty! Nvm,someone dropped out mid-session...

EDIT2: So I was spectating this one Wiggler who used the whole Gold set... They did pretty badly, lol.
mm201
Please don't edit stuff into old posts or I won't read it.

Edit: Next kartparty is this Friday at utc16:00.
Soaprman
I won't be able to make that time since I work during the day but I made it to the one the other night so it's cool. I'll catch you guys whenever I can!
xerxes_oli

mm201 wrote:

Please don't edit stuff into old posts or I won't read it.

Edit: Next kartparty is this Friday at utc16:00.
PM or AM?
Soaprman
That's 4:00pm, which is 11:00am eastern US and 8:00am western US.
NoHitter
Hmm that's midnight for me.
I might be able to make it.
Mianki
Kartparty one hour away right? :P
mm201
Where is everyone?
NoHitter
*sigh*
Trying to find my MK7 card.
mm201
I'll be on WW for an hour. Tag me whoever's interested.
(I guess kartpartying is dead.)
show more