forum

Mario Kart 7 weekly kartparties (Sat, 9 PM CST)

posted
Total Posts
show more
bomber34
Finally got 3 stars everywhere xD
had to do 150cc like 20 times, farmed other 600 coins though ^^

Please give me nice words for my torture like:
this is nothing special

;) I found my personal kart now ^^
Btw is there a border where you don't get any new kart parts with coins?
got 2500 now ^^
Mianki

bomber34 wrote:

The border is 5,000 coins.
But it goes higher if you want to unlock gold glider for 10,000 coins and gold standard body for 20,000 coins. But there's another way to unlock them, check the link.
Got info from: http://www.wiinintendo.net/2011/11/29/m ... ks-cheats/
bomber34

Mianki wrote:

bomber34 wrote:

The border is 5,000 coins.
But it goes higher if you want to unlock gold glider for 10,000 coins and gold standard body for 20,000 coins. But there's another way to unlock them, check the link.
Got info from: http://www.wiinintendo.net/2011/11/29/m ... ks-cheats/

thx very much :D
I guess i will collect them while racing online ^^
NaomiMinette
I'm too lazy to get that many coins, and I can't do that "other" way to unlock everything... I also can't be bothered to play MK7 unless there's a kartparty going on, and Worldwide isn't as fun for me since I can't chat against my opponents...
CNM501
I've already achieved 10 000 Coins and got the Golden Glider, now I just need 10 000 VR to get the Gold Kart and I believe i'm complete. :D
Soaprman
I'm sitting on a little over 5000 so I have all the non-golden parts. Which is enough for me. I'll leave the driving the gaudy blingmobiles to you guys.

And I only generally race Worldwide when a friend or two is around racing too. I will very occasionally go solo though and just hope someone hooks on.
Dieathan
I have the gold wheels from getting a star rank on all the cups but trying to unlock all the parts seems like it would take too long. The 10 coin limit in a single race and the fact that coins collected in Time Trial don't add to your coin total certainly doesn't make things any quicker either.
NaomiMinette
Wait, what? I thought getting coins in general (Time Trial aside; unsure about Coin Battle/Runners) added to your count?
Soaprman
It is kind of crazy how much work is required to unlock everything. I have something like 60-70 hours logged on the game yet there are parts I don't have (golden parts)... I only hit 5000 coins recently.

And yeah, only coins from races count. Time trial and battle don't.
Derekku
We need some of these in MK7 for Blaze~

NaomiMinette
Oh, dear go--*blue shelled*

Also, if you mean me "riding" one, sure :D If you mean targeting me, poot you. I hope you keep falling into pits and keep going out-of-bounds >_>
mm201
The Giant Blue Shell is a docile creature which prefers peacefully following along tracks more than physical confrontation. However, it must NEVER be provoked.
NaomiMinette

mm201 wrote:

The Giant Blue Shell is a docile creature which prefers peacefully following along tracks more than physical confrontation. However, it must NEVER be provoked.
Lest you risk losing ALL your VR, total collected coins, and Community points :P
Soaprman

Blazevoir wrote:

Oh, dear go--*blue shelled*

Also, if you mean me "riding" one, sure :D If you mean targeting me, poot you. I hope you keep falling into pits and keep going out-of-bounds >_>
If that's what it takes to knock you off the track, then so be it.
NaomiMinette
*puts Worldwide game-face on* Just try to...
jjrocks

Blazevoir wrote:

*puts Worldwide game-face on* Just try to...
Worldwide is so easy though :c
NaomiMinette
Which is why I'd rather do Community (at least if I'm able to actually communicate with the people involved in it).
Soaprman
But on worldwide you can spam Maka Wuhu and assert your authority over people with 1000 VR who just got the game this afternoon!
NaomiMinette
...Moving on.

So I'm just gonna go ahead and post this. Though it was unintentional, we've been having kartparties during weekends a majority of the time (which obviously makes more sense than having it during weekdays, but anyway), so... weekly weekend kartparties: yes or no? (This is just so I don't have to keep posting whenever we have one.)
Xgor

Blazevoir wrote:

...Moving on.

So I'm just gonna go ahead and post this. Though it was unintentional, we've been having kartparties during weekends a majority of the time (which obviously makes more sense than having it during weekdays, but anyway), so... weekly weekend kartparties: yes or no? (This is just so I don't have to keep posting whenever we have one.)
Yes please. (Make sure you have them at times when us europeans can join :( )
CNM501
I would have said yes but school is back for me now and weekdays are a no no :( Though if I do see a Kartparty during the week I wouldn't mind hopping in for a bit if I can. :)
NaomiMinette
I said weekly WEEKEND kartparties XD

Anyway, it depends on the others.
Mianki

Xgor wrote:

Yes please. (Make sure you have them at times when us europeans can join :( )
NaomiMinette
Well... I'm available during 3 PM - 2 AM CST (GMT -6) during the weekends, so I'll try to figure something out. (WTB> time converter scheduler)

Anyway, for those that aren't aware yet, PLEASE make sure kartparty is part of your highlights. We also meet up in #videogames during these kartparties.
bomber34
Weekly Kartparties hell yes :D Firdays and Saturdays are best choices :3
The time doesn't really matter there even though it would be nice if it isn't 2 A.M again like last time i was in
I also wish that i could chat while playing and not in those short breaks after a cup ... :(
But i say this all the time so i hope i don't have to say that again.
Btw I think i was a bit whiney the last time (had a bad hair day) ^^ I also hope to change that .
mm201
Weekends are fine. We should set up a Skype call or something.
NaomiMinette
Guess I'll be redownloading Skype then.

EDIT: I have Skype set up (again). How do I connect to you guys? Do I have to add you first?

EDIT2: So it seems like you guys are about 6-7 hours ahead of us in North America... I can work with that, but I need to know when you guys are available.
CNM501
During the week i'm usually available after 4pm my time. Though my 'available' times are constantly changing soo... But generally after 4pm my time I should be fine.
NaomiMinette
Hmm... Unless I'm doing this wrong, it should be just past 1 PM (13:00) for you as of right now, right?
CNM501
^^^ Yes correct.
NaomiMinette
Let's see... so I'd have to play sometime after midnight my time to meet up with you.

Now what about the European players?
bomber34
well usally we play at 1 a.m. when we do kartparties
sometimes 10p.m. too (GMT -1)

so you guys who live at the GMT - 6 zone
we are 7h ahead of each other
NaomiMinette
So basically it's (obviously) either the NA players play late at night and you guys play in the morning/afternoon, or we NA players play during the afternoon and you guys play at night... Which works better for you?
CNM501
Night for me. Mornings maybe if it's 7am my time, though I won't be on osu! though... Mehhh.
NaomiMinette
Sorry, updated my post. Anyway, we'll see what the others say first.

EDIT: So I just finished a Worldwide race... MIRRORED. *did not know this was possible* Hao2trigger? (Is this also possible for Community?)
Shohei Ohtani
I think the whole mirror thing is based on the relative VR of the contestants. For instance, if the majority of people have like, 2000 VR or something, it might bump it up to a higher level, like 150cc, or mirrored or something.

I'm not sure of the exact logistics, but that's how it worked in Mario Kart Wii.
NaomiMinette
I've never really played MKWii over Wi-Fi all that much, so I didn't know. Thanks :)

So... I guess we could have a kartparty around 3 PM CST (GMT -6) or later... I dunno...
Soaprman
Yeah, mirror happens in high VR rooms... I think it alternates between mirror and non mirror.

I should actually be available tomorrow evening past around 6-6:30pm my time... in GMT that'd be 11-11:30pm. Make of that what you like. If I'm around when shit's going down, I'll share the jolly good times.
NaomiMinette
Time zones suck :( Anyway, I can work with whatever.
Bass
From 13th February I am gonna have 2 weeks break from school. Then time when kartparty is on doesn't matter for me.
show more