forum

Mario Kart 7 weekly kartparties (Sat, 9 PM CST)

posted
Total Posts
show more
NaomiMinette

Soaprman wrote:

This one is too tall to use as a sig image. I'm sorry.

I HATE YOU DX
Derekku
pfffffffffahahahahahahahahaaha
NaomiMinette
You're next, Derekku -.-
jjrocks
Currently racing in community mode with Derek and Blaze if you want to join~
Topic Starter
Ekaru

jjrocks wrote:

Currently racing in community mode with Derek and Blaze if you want to join~
I would but this router hates my 3DS's guts.

Also, Soapr: I love you.
NaomiMinette
Soap, stop ramming us >_>

Also, grats to Remmy for getting his first first :P
Soaprman
Alright, I'll stop ramming you. You can tell I'm not lying because if you go to the "list of people" page on wikipedia and sort by trustworthiness I'm right there on top. I'm that incapable of lying.
NaomiMinette
^ Total lies

Anyway, we seriously need to have an 8-person community race. (I'd also love it if we could, say, get on Vent so we can hear each other rage XD)

EDIT: So I did Worldwide afterwards... Ended up doing Maka Wuhu 3x in a row ._. UGH! (Seems like Metal Mario players pick that a lot...)
bomber34
Omg i hate those stupid time differences D:
Sunday 11:30 pm ... jj asks for kartparty people
and i have to wake up 6 a.m.

But hey. I will play with you again xD
and about the Vent thing. Would be nice but it is not possible for me :(.
Rantai
Of all the times to get capped.
Soaprman
I'm all over the prospect of voice chat... sure, I'll download Ventrilo. I see the thread with the server information too (as well as details of all the... hijinks that transpire in the main chat). I guess we can try that next time we gather!
Xgor
mm201
They seem to be blocking glitched ghosts from appearing through Spotpass. I hope they can still figure out something serverside, like preventing the track from being chosen, or making glitchers explode in a giant fireball forever.

The reasoning in that article is not to put out a revised cartridge, since people with the first version would still be able to do the glitch. This doesn't rule out the forced-update-to-play-online possibility.
bomber34
Well but they could do it like with Zelda Skyword sword.
But even then ... You have to dwl it the patch channel . I guess there would be still people who wouldn't do that because they are idiots.
But you have to connect with Nintendo before racing online so it should be possible to force people to dwl the patch "channel".

I hope they will fix this sometime ... or i just play with communities who don't like choosing this Wuhu track.
NaomiMinette
Whoa, wait, Skyward Sword has a patch? For what? *looks up*

*a moment later* Interesting... /off-topic
CNM501
Dah! I'd like to race in the community one time but no one is ever on and timezones annoy me. :/
bomber34

CNM501 wrote:

Dah! I'd like to race in the community one time but no one is ever on and timezones annoy me. :/
well how about this :3
You tell me your timezone and I try finding a good time spot :3
GMT + 1

But i say that it will happen on weekends :3

Time Zones suck ass sometimes, don't they?
NaomiMinette
If anything (and this is unintentional), we usually have them on the weekends.
mm201
Just stalk players in your friends list and try to drop in on their games.
If more than 2 gather, they'll probably call for a kartparty so stay in #videogames.
Dieathan
I recently heard of this glitched shortcut on Wuhu Mountain Loop and I checked one of the ghosts I got from Streetpass doing this shortcut. I tried it myself in Time Trial and here's the time I got:
Guess that makes me the cheapest bastard in the world right now now. While this may be big news, Mario Kart Wii isn't that much different either, especially when they have some of the same sort of thing. Linking to YouTube since embedding the video doesn't work properly for some reason: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRjhUduI53s
CNM501
I am GMT + 10 but I randomly go on Mario Kart when I can. I don't exactly have a scheduke per se. However maybe knowing what times you guys are usually on would help :)
NaomiMinette
Wait, even Wuhu Loop has a glitch?

Now I'm wondering if Rainbow Road has one...
mm201

Dieathan wrote:

I recently heard of this glitched shortcut on Wuhu Mountain Loop
Star Cup. The course is Maka Wuhu in the North American Release. It's the same glitch we already know and loathe.

I wouldn't do the glitch on my time trials. It would prevent the game from ever storing a legitimate record there for me ever again, and Nintendo filters out glitched runs for Spotpass.
Derekku
Yeah, Maka Wuhu was called "Wuhu Mountain Loop" in other versions, and our Wuhu Loop is "Wuhu Island Loop"
bomber34

Derekku wrote:

Yeah, Maka Wuhu was called "Wuhu Mountain Loop" in other versions, and our Wuhu Loop is "Wuhu Island Loop"
Can someone explain me why they change the names all the times?
It is just confusing ^^
If they would only translate it for the different languages ok but no, that would be toooo easy.
mm201
Because cocks.
NaomiMinette
So... I've seriously been wanting to have an 8-player kartparty for a while now (over Community, of course)... If possible, can we try to get everyone together tonight or tomorrow night around... I dunno... 10 PM - 12 AM CST (GMT -6)? (Not saying that's how long I'd want us to play; you can play as long as you want/drop out whenever.)
Rantai
My internet reset \:D/

I'll try to be on or something.
Soaprman

Blazevoir wrote:

So... I've seriously been wanting to have an 8-player kartparty for a while now (over Community, of course)... If possible, can we try to get everyone together tonight or tomorrow night around... I dunno... 10 PM - 12 AM CST (GMT -6)? (Not saying that's how long I'd want us to play; you can play as long as you want/drop out whenever.)
I expect I'll be able to make it!
bomber34
10 PM (GMT - 6) ....
10 PM + 7h = 5 AM .... (GMT + 1)

That should say it all
NaomiMinette
Ack... Well, I'm gonna be up past that timeframe (the latest being 3 AM CST [GMT -6]), so... yeah.
Derekku
I should be around!
CNM501

bomber34 wrote:

10 PM (GMT - 6) ....
10 PM + 7h = 5 AM .... (GMT + 1)

That should say it all
Did I read that right? Normal time when you guys are on is 5AM my time? o-o No can do. I LIKE SLEEP. :(
NaomiMinette
I have other stuff to tend to, so I can't play any earlier ._. I could try playing way later than that, but I have to be in bed by 5 AM CST (GMT -6).
Rantai

CNM501 wrote:

Did I read that right? Normal time when you guys are on is 5AM my time? o-o No can do. I LIKE SLEEP. :(
I calculated it to be 2pm Aest. Maybe I got it completely wrong....
NaomiMinette
Okay, free now. Just gonna be waiting till the others get on.
RemmyX25
shoot me a highlight, ill probably forget. or even email me. whatever
NaomiMinette
Starting a kartparty now. Join in whenever!
Derekku
I

hate

everything

:IIII
Soaprman
Even me? Do you hate me?
show more