forum

Mario Kart 7 weekly kartparties (Sat, 9 PM CST)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Good news: my internet's stable now. I just did 7 races in a row on MKWii without any significant lag (a fraction of a second, which is normal) or DC issues.

Bad news: Still lag (we're talking entire SECONDS here... not normal) and DCing on 3DS games. I'm going to try DMZing later and see if that fixes it. If not I'll contact Nintendo's support sooner or later.
Derekku
I'll join perhaps in a couple of weeks when I have more time! :)
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Derekku wrote:

Hurray! \o/

Also, I did indeed try DMZing. It's... it's... beautiful. *sniff sniff* AKA it actually works now. Hurray!
Soaprman

Derekku wrote:

And great news about the net thing, Ekaru! I should be around tomorrow if you wanna give it a retry.
bomber34
I love Mario Kart 7
just awesome :3 Even though i get the feeling that the red koopa shell acts like the blue shell because it follows you through the whole track.

What is your favourite racing track?
My fav. New track is Dk Jungle and Retro Rainbow Road Snes
I guess that i have to start online :D

I love gliding through the air :D
Yoshi <3

Edit: I am disappointed that there is no Mission modus like in the DS version :'( it was easy but also cool
Soaprman
Red shells have worked that way for a long time now... of course, with the ability to drag items behind you, it's not so hard to defend against them.

I like that they keep bringing retro tracks back. It's nice seeing old tracks with a fresh coat of paint and the choices are always good because there pretty much aren't any bad tracks to choose from. The way they incorporated the glider in some of the old levels was really nice this time!
bomber34

Soaprman wrote:

Red shells have worked that way for a long time now... of course, with the ability to drag items behind you, it's not so hard to defend against them.
I know but this time it seems extreme to me :3
My rivals are half track behind me but they hit me with the red shell ... tooo bad i never got items by me :(
Rantai
Know what's nice?

I no longer get single bananas in 7th place. That was the most frustrating thing in the Wii version, when you're coming 10th.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Rantai wrote:

Know what's nice?

I no longer get single bananas in 7th place. That was the most frustrating thing in the Wii version, when you're coming 10th.
I found getting a thundercloud when nobody's around you to be way worse. :P
Soaprman
Maybe you should drive with more people around and stop being so antisocial, punk.
jjrocks
Besides the online on Mario Kart Wii, the Wii version of Mario Kart generally was a step down from Mario Kart DS (tricks are decent though...and so was the online)
31Gabe
Good about Mario Kart 7 because of:
[*]Sky and Water modes for the karts
[*]Newer machines, hopefully all are NOT broken (unlike DS)
[*]New set of retro courses (Maybe from MKWii)

Some flaws:
[*]If the RETIRE system was brought from WR64 and 1080 (Get hit too many times or fall from the course, you lose).
[*]The default controls aren't excellent; fair. If button config shows up, then this is the FIRST Mario Kart to use a button config feature. I want weapon firing as A button instead of L.
0_o
I think I'll be getting it for Christmas so hopefully I'll be able to join you guys in a couple weeks ^_^
Soaprman
31Gabe: Well, see, what you do is you play the game, and then two good things happen. You find out whether it has any of the things you mention, and you're playing Mario Kart!

0_o: Look forward to seeing you on the track.
Rantai
5026-4447-9979

Almost forgot to set this up on my 3DS >.<
jjrocks

Rantai wrote:

5026-4447-9979

Almost forgot to set this up on my 3DS >.<
Oh snap, looks like you already me to your friendslist, I'll be more than happy to play tomorrow~
Soaprman
Ekaru: you should update the OP with 3DS friend codes as they get posted.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Soaprman wrote:

Ekaru: you should update the OP with 3DS friend codes as they get posted.
Okay, I'll do it after I wrap up my English stuff.
jjrocks
Welp, I 3 starred every single grand prix, I'm ready for online races.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

jjrocks wrote:

Welp, I 3 starred every single grand prix, I'm ready for online races.
I should be able to join you whenever my bro's not downloading crap, then. You know why?

Because it turns out that somebody had hacked our connection! No bloody wonder our internet was so inconsistent over the past two weeks. My guess is that they hacked us the day before MK7 came out, because that's when the issues started. Also, one or two days ago my mom was told that her email had been hacked and was sending spam emails to people. Well, having a hacked connection explains everything! Then today our internet was going at 10 kps speeds, so I looked at the logs and figured it out. Changed pass + key, and now it's working properly.

I'll update the first post soon BTW; I need to celebrate first.
Cyclone
I have this. Bug me on IRC for races.
K2J
The big new gimmick is hang-gliding. With this information, what N64 level should've been in here? That's right, Royal Raceway. I would've been perfectly OK if they removed Luigi Raceway and shuffled stuff around to make that happen, but oh well.
Soaprman
Including Royal Raceway would have been a good idea, yeah, but I wouldn't want to give up Luigi Raceway for it. I love Luigi Raceway... it's so swingy.

If I had to give up a track for Royal Raceway, it'd probably be Mushroom Gorge... not sure why, but I don't care for that track too much.
palion
i used to love mariokart

then i found forza motorsport :\
K2J
Come to think of it, all the courses from MK64 are Mushroom Cup courses. What's up with that?
Soaprman
N64 had 16 courses and 8 have been featured as retro courses in newer games already. Not that many left to use. Guess they wanted to use the three they did instead any of these: Toad's Turnpike, Wario Stadium, Royal Raceway, Yoshi Valley, Rainbow Road.
Pimpi
Maybe I will save for a 3ds and for this game in february.
Hope to see more good titles like this in 2012.
hinamizawan
I got it today :D
I'm still on 50cc but did Rainbow Road just got harder? I liked the moon part anyways.
Derekku
Joined the osu! community~
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Derekku wrote:

Joined the osu! community~
Post your FC in the 3DS thread so we can randomly join your WW races. :P
Shohei Ohtani
JUST JOINED MYSELF IN THE OSU COMMUNITY ALSO
Dieathan

Ekaru wrote:

...No Thundercloud.
This is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard to be done to Mario Kart. And yet I haven't even started playing Mario Kart 7.
Xgor
Got it and joined the osu! community

Friend code 4682 - 8543 - 0494

Also considering how osu! is a music game I'm surprised nobody mentioned music highway/Music Park. That course is just awesome.
jjrocks
Currently playing Mario Kart with CDFA and Soapr. Come in and join!
Tatsuo
Damn, I'm going to get a 3DS soon, don't worry! I'll join you JJ!
NaomiMinette
Joined the community. Also, my FC is 0602-6573-5201.
jjrocks
0_0 and Sopar still playing on worldwide, feel free to join when you guys can.

I'll live blog a bit while I'm here

Race 1: Ultra traffic jam at the end, I go from 3rd to 6th
Race 2: Neo Bowser City, had to quit to help a friend, 0_o leaves for a bit
Race 3: Dino Dino Jungle, Soapr gets first like a boss
Race 4: DINO DINO JUNGLE, Sopar 1st I get Fourth. People keep on missing that shortcut
Race 5: DK Pass, Soapr 2nd JJ 3rd NO BLUE SHELLS
Race 6: Toad Circut I....got first, Soapr 3rd. He shelled himself. I played it cool in the back until the very end
Race 7: Mushroom gorge, Soapr,1st JJ 3rd Yoshi flew over me near the end ;-;
Bomber34 joined
Race 8: Koopa Beach, bomber34 1st JJ 4th Soapr 7th Blue shill hit soapr, I got lucky at the end, let me tell you that.
Faceman joins
Race 9: DK Jungle, Soapr 2nd bomber 3rd 0_o 4th JJ 5th Intense race but 1-4 and 5-8 where split up by sooo much
Xgor joins
Race 10: Shy Guy Bazar, I didn't see the results but I got 2nd Soapr 5th JJ 6 bomber 7 0_o ...maybe
Race 11: Rainbow road 1 Sopar 2.Yoshi 3.0_0 4.bomber 5.xgor 6.JJ CURSE YOU RAINBOW RAOD
Race 12: Airship Fortress 1 JJ 2. Soapr 3. bomber34 4. James 8. Xgor NO BLUE SHELL AGAIN.
Jacob joins
Soapr joins again
Race 13: Music Park 2. JJ 3. James 4. bomber34 4. Xgor 8. Jacob
Race 14: 2. Xgor 3. bomber34 4. 0_0 5. JJ 6. Soapr SNES Rainbow Road Fell of the road THREE TIMES
Race 15: Bowsers Castle 2. JJ 3. bobmber34 4. 0_o 5. xgor 8 Jacob Castle Blue shell at the very last second for me ;-;
Race 16: Maka Wuhu 2. Xgor 5. bomber34 6. Soapr WAY TOO CLOSE XGOR
Race 17: Bowsers Castle I FORGET
Race 18: Forget 1. Xgor 5. JJ 7 Soapr. 8 Bomber 3RD TO 5TH RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE FINISH LINE

that's ithttp://osu.ppy.sh/po/122658That's it for me, Wonderful time with you guys, if you want you can keep on playing!
0_o
In Race 1 I was in second at the very last turn, with 3 bananas trailing me and a mushroom. I ditch the bananas to use the mushroom at the last second. I then get owned by 2 red shells and finish 7th.

And that, my friends, is Mario Kart in a nutshell. If only it wasn't so fun.

And yeah, I left to change my kart to something with more acceleration since I clearly needed it :P
Soaprman
Everything race 12 onward is a computer-controlled ghost of me because my connection keeps dying. We are still playing though!

edit: I'm not playing anymore... not sure if anyone else is or not. My net's acting up too much. I will be on more tonight though...

also, added Blazevoir. Make sure you also post your code in the 3DS thread!
Shohei Ohtani
Whoever said that the items were more balanced is silly :<. I went from 1st to 8th while racing with JJ and Soapr :<

Also, added blaziken.
show more