forum

Mario Kart 7 weekly kartparties (Sat, 9 PM CST)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Ekaru
We're happy to accept any nationality in our kart parties. However, please join us in #videogames first so we know that you're an osu! member interested in joining us.

Thank you.

Also, someone should probably edit the OP with our standard time now. W/E

EDIT: Also, I think I'll use this combo again next time.
Soaprman
I said this in Skype but you didn't hear it... I think it was probably someone one of us faced in worldwide that found us in the rivals list and said "ooh, that mii looks neat, I'll race this person again".

At least I think you can join community via rivals.
mm201
New music park drum strat:
Hold your right drift into and out of the drum, release just before landing on the far side, land into a left slide. If done correctly, you should strafe to the right.
NaomiMinette
Best thing about these kartparties: the sudden drop from 1st to 8th /o/

Anyway, was fun- and rage-filled as always~ Too bad it ended shorter than usual...
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Soaprman wrote:

I said this in Skype but you didn't hear it... I think it was probably someone one of us faced in worldwide that found us in the rivals list and said "ooh, that mii looks neat, I'll race this person again".

At least I think you can join community via rivals.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Just covering all my bases. ~

New music park drum strat:
Hold your right drift into and out of the drum, release just before landing on the far side, land into a left slide. If done correctly, you should strafe to the right.
So practicing that for next time. Tired of bombing races due to screwing up the drums. Thanks!
Topic Starter
Ekaru
I'm bored. Let's play, "Rank our players!"

1. Greg (I think we can all agree on that one. STOP WINNING)
2. Blaze
3. Soap
4. Yoshi
5. CNM
6. rust
7. Ekaru (D:)
8. Gloop
9. Remmy (If he's scared of Gloop then that is *not* a good sign. MWAHAHAHAHA!)

I probably forgot somebody. Oh, if I was to put Elly in then I'd put Elly in the top 3 somewhere. Elly doesn't come on often enough for me to give Elly a ranking, though.

Oh, I forgot jj! Oops. Oh well! \o/
NaomiMinette

Ekaru wrote:

2. Blaze
3. Soap
4. Yoshi
5. CNM
6. rust
8. Gloop

I probably forgot somebody. Oh, if I was to put Elly in then I'd put Elly in the top 3 somewhere. Elly doesn't come on often enough for me to give Elly a ranking, though.

This is why I wish the scores wouldn't keep dropping each month... but then again some people would play whenever others aren't and so on.

I guess there's always the win/lose ratio screen, but until then... NINTENDO, MAKE A BETTER LEADERBOARD SYSTEM!
rust45

Ekaru wrote:

2. Blaze
3. Soap
4. Yoshi
5. CNM
6. rust
8. Gloop

I'm not sure I'd rank you below me, but otherwise the list looks pretty good. MM is definitely the best of all of us.
bomber34
This fucking timezonestory ...
I want to be in the ranking too ^^
Topic Starter
Ekaru

rust45 wrote:

I'm not sure I'd rank you below me, but otherwise the list looks pretty good. MM is definitely the best of all of us.
I was being polite. In reality I'm actually tied with Soap for 3rd, but placing me like that would make me look arrogant. ;P Nah, I'm really that bad. :(

Also, I started playing on WW again. Is it just me, or do most of the people who pick Metal Mario with that overused combo not know what they are doing? It's like they just pick the combo they see used all the time in TT and copy it because they think this is Mario Kart Wii, completely forgetting that this game has different mechanics.

EDIT: Actually, I might be 4th, since I've never really seen Soap use a light character yet he still manages to have a pretty even W/L ratio with me.
Soaprman
I'm really strong.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Soaprman wrote:

I'm really strong.
Yeah, our W/L ratio is 71-74, your favor. You son of a- :(
NaomiMinette
Haha, just noticed your OP edit :P (Then again, it's hard NOT to notice it, especially since you changed the thread title XD) <3 it~
rust45

Ekaru wrote:

However, do be warned that your W/L ratio will likely be tarnished by this experience.
I used to have a positive W/L before I started karting with you guys.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

Haha, just noticed your OP edit :P (Then again, it's hard NOT to notice it, especially since you changed the thread title XD) <3 it~
Added Etiquette Rules just now, too, in hopes that we'll never have to suffer through somebody spamming Toad Circuit for like 2 hours straight again.
mm201
Ekaru: I find your play style very tenacious. I'd place you right up there with Blaze for sure.
bomber34
Btw. Who is yoshi on this list o.o ?
Soaprman
An old friend of mine from across the cyberweb. His account name here and elsewhere is Yoshi348.
NaomiMinette
Uhh... Stupid question, but do the etiquette rules only apply to Community? (AKA clarify the OP, yo!)
pieguyn

Ekaru wrote:

Added Etiquette Rules just now, too, in hopes that we'll never have to suffer through somebody spamming Toad Circuit for like 2 hours straight again.
If you're referring to me, I don't think that was for 2 hours :?

I'll try and get into more of these now that I know what time it's at :P
NaomiMinette
Thing is, we've actually been getting 8 player kartparties recently, so there might be a chance you'll either have to wait till someone else leaves or join a separate group :(

Assuming the latter happens, we could probably still play with two groups:
  1. One Group would have to be full
  2. 9th or so person attempting to join would automatically make a 2nd group
  3. A few/Some people from the first group could tag the person in the 2nd group
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

Uhh... Stupid question, but do the etiquette rules only apply to Community? (AKA clarify the OP, yo!)
My only point was that you shouldn't be picking the same course over and over and over the entire freaking time. Don't worry about it!

@pieguy: Nah, it was someone else. :D

@mm: Awwwwwww, thank you. <3
pieguyn
Fine with me ;)

Ekaru wrote:

pieguy: Nah, it was someone else. :D
oh yay, I'm off the hook :P
Topic Starter
Ekaru
I've been playing quite a bit of WW this past week, and I have come to discover just how amazing bananas are when used properly.
NaomiMinette
Define properly. Banana sniping ftw!
Soaprman
I've been playing quite a bit of community these past months, and I have come to discover just how amazing starmen are when used properly.
NaomiMinette
So guys, about CNM's and Elly's funeral... :P

But seriously, poot you two >_>
CNM501
We love ya too Blaze <3
Elysian_Arceus
I'm fine with a funeral as long as I get buried in a Warp Pipe or something related to Mario Bros.
NaomiMinette
K, enjoy this Piranha Plant~
Topic Starter
Ekaru
I crashed your guys' late-night kartparty. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
mm201
You can't crash a party to which you are invited.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

mm201 wrote:

You can't crash a party to which you are invited.
Pfft, technicalities.
rust45
What happened to Blazevoir's post about points?
Soaprman
NaomiMinette
Oh... I deleted it because no one replied... I can repost it if you guys are still interested.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

Oh... I deleted it because no one replied... I can repost it if you guys are still interested.
I never even saw it! I can't reply to things I don't see! Repost, please.
NaomiMinette
What I removed (read this first!)
So, this is probably gonna sound extremely silly, but I thought about a way to make things a bit more interesting for our next kartparty:

For testing purposes (and to see if I'll keep this up), you'll have to try and hit me with certain items/a certain amount of items as part of challenges I'll be setting (they'll be announced before each race or so; Community races only unless we somehow get a Worldwide party with only us osu! people). For example, if I say "Try and hit me with 5 green shells within one race before it ends" (you MUST be somewhere within my touchscreen/range for it to count) and you manage to do so, you get a point. (No, I'm not letting it stack AKA you hitting me with 10 green shells for 2 points, etc. Yes, more than one person can get a point for the same challenge. Also, since I'm sure we all have different internet speeds, I'll be judging things from my screen.) The challenges, of course, will vary. Also, if any challenges involve more than one race (ex.: Try and hit me with a Blue Shell 3 times within 3 races), you'd get a point for each successful attempt. Whoever has the most points from these challenges wins!

Now, like I said before, this is just something silly I came up with, and you don't HAVE to do this. I just wanted to try something that'll probably make things a bit more competitive (and possibly more fun) even though you don't really win anything out of this. That being said, if this manages to catch on, I WILL be posting a leaderboard after each kartparty session. To keep things fair (especially for those who either couldn't join in right away or decide to leave early), a person can only have a certain max amount of points per session (which will probably vary depending on the amount of people playing/who agree to do this).

So what do you guys think?
After you've read the above
To be honest, I didn't think things through and will most likely scrap the above idea, and here's why:
  1. This will definitely requite a lot of concentration on my end, so I honestly don't know if I'll be able to track each hit properly.
  2. I suck at creativity, so the challenges will probably be generic (though if I try to add anything complex, it'll probably ruin what place you'll end up in).
  3. Since mm usually "does Time Trials" during most of the races, the challenges wouldn't be fair on his end.
  4. The above idea (first spoilerbox) was something I typed out of boredom.
Of course, if you guys have any ideas on how to keep things interesting, I'll try to continue this.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Can we hit mm instead?
CNM501

Ekaru wrote:

Can we hit mm instead?
^ I agree with this post.
show more